Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:39   #46
BHPian

Re: Review: My Mahindra Mojo!

Going to be a year with mine. Clocked almost 10000kms. Its been a good ride.

Service support takes the cake. The guys at ALFA/Synergy/NAFS motors @Bangalore are very friendly and will ensure the bikes taken care of well. Personal attention given. Actually the service spoils you, as you begin to expect the same attention at other not so friendly places.

The bike does have some silly willy-wonka issues, but they are addressed asap. Goes quite a long way in re-affirming your faith in the product.

Regards
octy9833 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:45   #47

Re: Tumkur to Chitradurga

Congratulations and indeed a detailed review of the bike.
I have an update
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
  • Overheating function- The bike is designed to restrict your rev limit to 5K rpm in case of overheating, it goes back to normal once the engine cools down- apparently, its not offered on other bikes in India.
This rev limiter when the biker is overheated is also available in the 2016 model of KTM RC 390. (available in my bike- KTM RC 390

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th May 2017 at 08:49. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Rahul4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 16:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
We had a Mojo behind our car, a week or two back and my friend asked whether it was a BMW! The street presence is HUGE. This guy additionally had a visor added and also had less.

Wanna check whether you had any niggles / problems in the last year of ownership. How much did you cover on the bike?
Niggles

Mirrors- ball joints suck, currently running on one pulsar mirror, changed in hampi.
Radiator pipe, had a leak recently, was replaced in 15 mins

Close to 10k now, the bike impresses you most on the highway, the USD give you an plush ride, and I mean car like. The engine is to fall in love with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul4 View Post
Congratulations and indeed a detailed review of the bike.

This rev limiter when the biker is overheated is also available in the 2016 model of KTM RC 390. (available in my bike- KTM RC 390
Thanks bro, I wasn't too sure when someone mentioned it too. Hope you enjoying your bad boy

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th May 2017 at 08:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
SamuraiJack is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 20:03   #49

Re: Tumkur to Chitradurga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
Thanks bro, I wasn't too sure when someone mentioned it too. Hope you enjoying your bad boy
Haha ya enjoying the beast but it heats up like in the summer heats! Enjoy!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th May 2017 at 08:51. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 4th November 2017, 19:49   #50
BHPian

Did a Bangalore/ Dharwar ride two weeks back, the bike as usual was flawless. With no cross winds- I was doing 140 with ease. The front heavy setup just makes sense on the fast highways, keeps the bike stable. Also visited the Hubli Mojo service center for a general check up. Minor fork sound fixed and bike washed, approx 300 bucks bill, which included a changed mirror. The mirrors still suck, keep moving inwards, especially the left one, had a not so scary experience when a That creeped up on my left hand side on the highway. Envied the Harley street Bob and Triumph tiger solo riders who zippped past. This bike is just too good at its budget, hopefully will be travelling to Munnar/ Cochin this week for a dear friend's wedding.

I notice a need for Ride on Air seat and Grandpitt autos mushroom tyre puncture kit and Electric air pump. Although the tyres are in good shape just a precaution.

Although insane, this bikes makes me want to get on the highway often, and a big factor is on how reliable its been on all my long rides, I own a Ciaz, which is new, and equally economical and way too comfortable, I still feel like riding.
SamuraiJack is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 20:37   #51
BHPian

It's a shame that Mahindra dropped out of the two-wheeler segment.

A friend of mine sold his KTM RC 200 to buy a Mojo back when it was an absolutely new bike. We all thought he had lost his mind... until we got to see it in real life.

The weird thing about the Mojo is that somehow it looks terrible in pretty much any and every photo you see online or in a magazine, but it's just stunning in real life. Really beautiful, with a premium kind of finish to where you assume it's some exotic import. Up close it looks really solidly built with the kind of attention to detail that reminds you of any exotic superbike. And I'm not one to be easily impressed.

It's also probably the best-sounding bike under 4 lacs. Just a lovely, sonorous, deep exhaust note that isn't obnoxiously loud or ugly-sounding.

The Mojo is right up there with the KTMs in terms of maximum bang-for-your-buck value for money. In the first week that my friend owned his Mojo, he effortlessly did 1,000 km of riding.

The only complaints I've heard from people who own Mojos is that the salespeople are idiots for the most part, and Mahindra seems to have done very little to really promote the bike and sell it. A friend went for a test ride and my friend knew more about the Mojo than the salespeople themselves. And the test bike had been in at least one bad crash and poorly repaired because the wheels were out of alignment. The other factor to worry about is the dubious after-sales and service. And yes, the name is controversial, I know people that wouldn't consider buying it simply because they find the name too embarrassing, lol.

tl;dr the Mojo gets a lot of flack, and deserves very little of it. It's an amazing bike with unbeatable value for money considering its budget. If I didn't already own a Duke 390, I would have absolutely bought a Mojo.
marcussantiago is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 20:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussantiago View Post
It's a shame that Mahindra dropped out of the two-wheeler segment.

A friend of mine sold his KTM RC 200 to buy a Mojo back when it was an absolutely new bike. We all thought he had lost his mind... until we got to see it in real life.

The weird thing about the Mojo is that somehow it looks terrible in pretty much any and every photo you see online or in a magazine, but it's just stunning in real life. Really beautiful, with a premium kind of finish to where you assume it's some exotic import. Up close it looks really solidly built with the kind of attention to detail that reminds you of any exotic superbike. And I'm not one to be easily impressed.

It's also probably the best-sounding bike under 4 lacs. Just a lovely, sonorous, deep exhaust note that isn't obnoxiously loud or ugly-sounding.

The Mojo is right up there with the KTMs in terms of maximum bang-for-your-buck value for money. In the first week that my friend owned his Mojo, he effortlessly did 1,000 km of riding.

The only complaints I've heard from people who own Mojos is that the salespeople are idiots for the most part, and Mahindra seems to have done very little to really promote the bike and sell it. A friend went for a test ride and my friend knew more about the Mojo than the salespeople themselves. And the test bike had been in at least one bad crash and poorly repaired because the wheels were out of alignment. The other factor to worry about is the dubious after-sales and service. And yes, the name is controversial, I know people that wouldn't consider buying it simply because they find the name too embarrassing, lol.

tl;dr the Mojo gets a lot of flack, and deserves very little of it. It's an amazing bike with unbeatable value for money considering its budget. If I didn't already own a Duke 390, I would have absolutely bought a Mojo.
True, every word you say, coming from a 390 owner.. Its a huge compliment.

This bike is something bro, especially if you want a long distance bike, the heavy duty fuel tank, heavy duty shox and of course heavy duty sound, just makes you want to take the long road again and again and again.
SamuraiJack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 19:26   #53
BHPian

Bit of :off topic: now that Mahindra has launched Jawa and 42 with similar engine, having ridden a Mahindra product for more than 2 years, how would you rate the engine and overall experience with it. I am more keep to know reliability aspect, as the 42 looks delicious but the mind says Classic Legends/Mahindra's is unknown territory. Your insights will be of great help, thank you.
Old 6th January 2019, 20:46   #54
BHPian

I would say buy it if you like it, if I was in the market today I would be very keen on the 42.
SamuraiJack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 18:30   #55

This is my experience with the mojo,
Purchased from venture motors Kochi. 31st March 2016 ,during bs3 deal sale. Got all the accessories free except the jacket and tank bag.
I've put in 27+k KM's till today.
Used up two Pirelli stock front styres.
Now running Apollo h1 in the front.
At the rear ,used up one stock tyre and one Michelin pilot street. Now on third tyre (M pilot street.)
Brake pads second set (stock) (front pad did19700km rear pad did 20000km )
Oil service +fuel/oil filter changed religiously at 4500km.

Issues faced
- ecu failure once (replaced free of cost) @17k kms
- leaking rear shock replaced free of cost @ 12k kms
- conset changed due to wear. @27k kms
- chain noise ( Dino lube has brought it down quite a bit, but still there)
- front wheel bearing wore out. @27k KM's
- paint peeling away on crash guard and other accessories (solved with a bottle of spray paint)
- poor head lamp ( solved using after market head light night eye 1700₹ from AliExpress + 4 aux lamps.
- crash guard vibration at 4000 rpm solved by tightening the bolts and pulling it out slightly away from the body of the bike .
- cornering clearance is a bit poor as the muffler protector keeps scraping in the twisty sections ,quite early an is unnerving at times .

Other worthy mentions so far long the ownership experience :

-Highest mileage 37kmpl worst 28kmpl.

-The bike is a true touring companion . It encourages you to travel while giving you the comfort and confidence to do just that.

-Amazing tank range (635+km best till date)

- added a trek n ride top case 40litres for storing riding gear when I go anywhere. (Yes I follow the ATGATT policy after a few crashes, the assurance that you can stow away riding gear at your destination is a big motivation to use all the all the time, instead of walking around like an astronaut i can blend in.

- the bike just connects with you. The super smooth engine ( albeit at 4000rpm) is a hoot to rev. Looks though subjective is one that tends to grow each day. The USD fork are beautiful in they way they take care of any disturbance in the form of undulations and small pot holes .

I'm in love with the bike and the experience of owning it . There have been issues like the ones mentioned above, that the service guys at venture motors went out of their way to sort out. I have heard really bad service experiences elsewhere but thank god these guys are good so far.

My only gripe is that Mahindra has made the bike into a failure going by numbers when in reality it's an unsung hero to almost all who chance upon it in the touring segment .
Hope to keep this bike for a long long time .
With the jawa s entry mojo has got a few minutes of press time , hope it can bring in some customers to keep the brand alive.
Downshift7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 16:59   #56
BHPian

Considering the sale of Non-ABS bikes are illegal in India w.e.f 1st April 2019, how is Mahindra still selling the Mojo Non-ABS at its Dealerships (found the Mojo's being sold at Gurugram dealership for a discount of 20k)?

And can Non-ABS bikes be legal to register in this day at the RTO's?
Old 13th May 2019, 17:33   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab0593 View Post
Considering the sale of Non-ABS bikes are illegal in India w.e.f 1st April 2019, how is Mahindra still selling the Mojo Non-ABS at its Dealerships (found the Mojo's being sold at Gurugram dealership for a discount of 20k)?

And can Non-ABS bikes be legal to register in this day at the RTO's?
Quote:
The ruling issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways says that all 'new' two-wheeler models with equal to or above 125 cc, which are launched after April 2018, will need to have ABS as a compulsory feature. While two-wheelers with displacement below 125 cc will compulsorily need to have combined braking system or CBS.
Quoting NDTV article here, Mojo was launched before April, 2018, and few pics of Mojo instrument cluster with ABS warning light are doing rounds on forums, Mahindra may launch the ABS version soon.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 17:37   #58
BHPian

Thanks but i am aware of this fact for the past 3 months but I have received no concrete info from neither Mahindra nor any of the dealers about the same.
I am also confused as to whether the Non-ABS can be registered at a RTO or not as i have no connections in the RTO at Gurugram.
Any specific or concrete leads would help as i am looking forward to buying the mojo but worried if the police catches me for infringement of this ABS policy hehe.
Old 30th May 2019, 10:40   #59
BHPian

Has anyone installed LED bulbs in the Mojo? Please share experience, specification, price, electrical work required,
Old 2nd June 2019, 13:51   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downshift7 View Post
This is my experience with the mojo,

- crash guard vibration at 4000 rpm solved by tightening the bolts and pulling it out slightly away from the body of the bike .

- the bike just connects with you. The super smooth engine ( albeit at 4000rpm) is a hoot to rev.
Hi, good to read a summary of events since the purchase.
The vibration at 4000 rpm has got me interested because my Mojo has an identical problem. There is a distinct buzzing noise when the revs reach 4000 ; both while going up and down in revs. I have taken the bike to the A$$ at Bhandup but they pretend nothing is wrong.
In the process of elimination, I removed the crash guard, which is an aftermarket accessory, and the buzz doesn't appear anymore.
The bike's front end feels much lighter without the crash guard. Should I fit it back with nylon or teflon washers to reduce vibes ? Do give me your advice.

Most Viewed