Team-BHP - California Superbike School - 2016 schedule announced for India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   California Superbike School - 2016 schedule announced for India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/172258-california-superbike-school-2016-schedule-announced-india.html)

The California Superbike School (CSS) has announced its dates for 2016. This year, the school will host two sessions / camps. Each 3-day session will cost Rs. 66,000 (fees include a service tax of 14.5%, insurance cover, food and fuel). Session 1 will be held on the 5th, 6th and 7th of February, while Session 2 will be held on the 12th, 13th and 14th of February.

Riders must start at level 1 and progress to level 2 and then to level 3. Participants can also repeat levels, even if they have completed them during the previous year or at other CSS camps. Each level addresses a different aspect of track riding and covers a variety of factors like a rider's posture, common mistakes and misconceptions, throttle and brake management, line consistency, etc. A typical day starts at 7.00 am and ends at 5.00 pm.

Riders cannot participate unless they have the proper riding gear. CSS does not provide the riding gear. If a participant does not have a motorcycle, CSS India will provide a track ready motorcycle (limited number and will be given on a first come, first served basis). A valid motorcycle riding licence is mandatory and the CSS will not train first time riders i.e. participants must have some riding experience. Riders getting their motorcycles must ensure that their motorcycles are in the appropriate mechanical condition.

CSS first set up camp in India at the MMSC Track in Chennai in 2010. The school is currently embarking on its 6th season in the country. CSS has trained over 500 students in its first 5 years of operation in Chennai.

Registrations close on 27th January, 2016.

- Registrations
- Schedule
- CSS curriculum

Get a first hand account of the California Superbike School experience through BHPian JayKis's detailed write-up.

California Superbike School - 2016 schedule announced for India-1.jpg

California Superbike School - 2016 schedule announced for India-2.jpg

California Superbike School - 2016 schedule announced for India-3.jpg

Good Luck, if you are going! clap: Really worth it if you spend good time on the saddle

You might want to check what kind of insurance cover they provide. Back in 2011 they did collect a 1K extra as insurance which turned out to be a bit dubious. Had a crash which nearly broke my hand (lucky to escape with some soft tissue damage), went to the ambulance and the first thing the folks in the ambulance told me that I would have to pay for bandage!).

The fees seems to be on an upward spiral but still around 40 percent cheaper than abroad. Gone up from 15K in 2011 to 66K in 2016.

Completed my training at the CSS 2016. Came out as a better rider.

Highlights
- Highly professional set of people. They run the show keeping time in mind.
- Well spread out syllabus. Not cramped - have specific targets each day which is broken down to sessions.
- Mixture of theory combined with track sessions to implement what you have learnt in class.
- Great coaches. Very approachable.
- Each coach has 3 students assigned. Individual attention is given.
- Track broken down into set of corners. Each corner is dealt with separately. Special attention given to corners where you are having trouble.
- Price includes bike, fuel, breakfast, lunch at the track.

Few pics of mine at the track.