Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Motovlogging - Video log while riding a motorcycle

Since i haven't seen a thread about moto vlogging. I thought this would be a good base to talk about moto vloggers & vlogging.

A motovlog is a type of video log recorded by a person while riding a motorcycle.

Motovlogging is becoming really popular on youtube.This format has picked up in recent years in india with a couple of bikers (oggyF, mumbaikar nikhil..etc) vlogging in their respective cities.
There are a few international riders out there that have hundreds and thousands of subscribers. Some even make it a full time job kind of a thing.
Some big guys out there are..movlogs, RoyalJordanian, WALTERRIFIC +etc..

It is an interesting format because it gives you a peak into the motorcycle community.

If anyones following an interesting motovlogger or have tips for future motovloggers please do share.

Last edited by danlalan : 22nd January 2016 at 17:45.
danlalan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:34   #2
BHPian

re: Motovlogging - Video log while riding a motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Some big guys out there are..movlogs, RoyalJordanian, WALTERRIFIC +etc..
MoVlogs isn't exactly a motorcycle vlogger. He's more of a lifestyle vlogger with car bits here and there.

I don't follow any motorcycle vloggers other than Royal Jordanian, but I follow a bunch of Supercar spotters who do a bit of vlogging as well. Some of the most popular ones I follow are:

1. Shmee150
2. Supercars of London
3. Seen through Glass

These channels are mostly only car related.

Then there are channels like Lord Aleem and Seb Delanney whose vlogs are a combination of cars and lifestyle.

I'd love to know more about Indian vloggers though.
TheInterceptor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 21:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
If anyones following an interesting motovlogger or have tips for future motovloggers please do share.

BaronVonGrumble is my favourite! He's just hilarious. Never get bored of watching his vlogs!

Some other car vloggers I follow are seen through glass, shmee, supercars of London and JWW.
Suraj25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 21:14   #4
BHPian

Re: Motovlogging - Video log while riding a motorcycle

I follow quite a lot of motorcycle v loggers. Will post the entire list sometime. We do have some from India too. I sometime wonder how they can keep talking at such high speeds that they do at times. All long distance riders do have thoughts running around their minds after a few 100kms, a few of us talk to ourselves and the bike. Great thread. Will contribute.
Old 25th January 2016, 12:21   #5
BHPian

A newbie but here is my channel -
shelleve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 12:29   #6
BHPian

I tend to watch the videos of a select few Indian vloggers whenever I'm free. Here are some :

1. OggyF
2. TheEverydayIndia
3. Zohair Ahmed
4. Mumbiker Nikhil

These guys have their own style of lucidly presenting a vlog and are very informative. No fake accents, poser-ism and dumbness here.

Last edited by barcalad : 25th January 2016 at 12:30.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 15:54   #7
BHPian

I follow TheEverydayIndia and it is a pretty good channel. The fellow speaks well and some of his videos are pretty interesting. Another popular name is Mumbiker Nikhil and have watched a few videos of him too.
Old 25th January 2016, 17:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Huge RJ fan. But recently I do follow OggyF, Mumbiker Nikhil and the EverydayIndia.

Some other motovloggers that I like are Walterrific, 6Foot4Honda etc.

Another one that I'm a fan of is Vespacam - Vespa rider highlighting bad drivers encountered.
Old 20th February 2016, 22:40   #9
BHPian

On an another note, popular vlogger and track champion Gypsy Danger met with an accident yesterday and succumbed to his injuries while on his way to IBW (apparently).

Rest In Peace.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 19:41   #10
BHPian

Is this all about this thread?

Well here's my Motovlogging story:

Graduating in the subject of English from Delhi University has its own merits and demerits. While demerits for me were more, merits were only a few. Hence, I chucked the idea of going for Mass comm and started working in retail back in 2009. But my interest in Detective Fiction, Agatha Christie being my favorite, never subsided.

Meanwhile, I bought a Pulsar 220 and started going for regular meets, initially. Steped into stunting and while I was going good, I met with an accident, not because of stunting though, and gave it up sompletely. This could be attributed to my biking circle which was limited to some of my friends with most of them riding 220s that time. While I was a no-touring person, I did join them for a ride to Bhangarh from Delhi and that changed the entore perspective. Soon, I gave up stunting completely and began riding.

Now there used to be this gentleman, Nishant Jha, who rode his enfield to places and blogged each and every ride. He came as an inspiration to me and I too started posting each and every ride. The English Honors chap was coming back and I started enjoying jotting down my experience.

Learing is continuous. Even while you sit and do nothing, you're learning something or the other. I too was learning and with every ride, my writing skills got better and better and the content started appealing to the readers. I'm still learning! Not that I have a huge fan base which waits for my next post, but yes, every travelogue completed gives me even more satisfaction than completion of the ride.

FF to 2016

Mid 2016, I joined a Kawasaki dealership as I was looking to explore and pursue my passion for motorcyles. Well though I'm back in retail (this is where I belong!), my motovlogging story started this very year and at this very place.

One of my colleagues , then, now my friend, bought Sj M20 as he was into tech stuff and had good contacts with distributors and retailers. So this M20 was delivered to him at our showroom and I too was present. While I did watch youtube videos, but it was only in 2016 that I got acquainted to this workd of Motovlogging.

The gadget looked fascinating! Like a gem in a crown! oyed around a bit on it and then that very evening, I had my own! Yes, that fast! Now, I have the gadget, what next? I was clueless. Then began a period of watching youtube videos almost entire day and sometimes night just to understand this term Motovlogging.

It was finally in September that I rode down from Delhi to Pune on my Std 500 for a training session at India KAwasaki Motors and had a chance tu use my M20. However, when I came back, I had little to no content that made sense. So it was an effort wasted.

This brought about a second phase for me as a youtuber to understand as to what to shoot and how to present. After a lot of research and spending countless hours to understand what people like and what way do they want to see it, I started following few vloggers and learned a lot from them.

Post this, I was able to shoot sensible content. However, something was missing again. I needed a software to edit and complie videos. Trust me, the first 53 min ride video was a complete disater. As I say, life is all bout learning and I learnt. I learnt that if I cannot watch a 53 min informative documentary, how will people watch my crap for 53 mins?

So now editing played a majoe role, I downloaded a software and read the pdf for the same and was able to perform some basic editing almost instantly. All this while, I was being shifted to Bajaj as Kawasaki had revoked the existing dealerships pan India. While I worked at Bajaj showroom, sundays were lively!. Rides were regular, organized by Bajaj and this gave me an opportunity to shoot, edit and post videos on youtube...basically grow my channel.

Come 2017, I recorded my 13 day journey across Bhutan ex. Delhi in full and posted some content in a way that I would like to watch and I did gain a lot of appreciation for that. However, another lesson learnt, you cannot record any clear audio at anything above 40-45kmph, you need an external mic.

Ordered an SJ7 star from Ali express with eternal mic support and things have been better! Life is all about learning, you know!
bullet_chacha is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks