Team-BHP - World's longest bike? A modded Bajaj Discover from Gujarat!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   World's longest bike? A modded Bajaj Discover from Gujarat! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/172544-worlds-longest-bike-modded-bajaj-discover-gujarat.html)

Little known Bharat Sinh Parmar from Gujarat has got his place in the history books, for owning the world's longest motorcycle.

The bike in question is a Bajaj Discover 125cc which has been modified to make it's overall length stand at a whooping 26.29 metres! The extended wheel is propelled by a chain drive system and has it's own suspension.

To attain the record, Bharat had to ride the bike non-stop for 100 metres without any assistance. He already holds 5 other Guinness World Records. Some enthusiasm!

This new record beats the earlier record by a colossal 13 feet.

World's longest bike? A modded Bajaj Discover from Gujarat!-longestmotorcycleriding_tcm25407874-1.jpg

World's longest bike? A modded Bajaj Discover from Gujarat!-longestmotorcycleheader_tcm25407870.jpg

World's longest bike? A modded Bajaj Discover from Gujarat!-216103_longest_motorcycle_bharat_sinh_parmar.jpg

Source 1

Source 2

Official Video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9JwVCr4y58

^^ Hmmm. Now ...... lets ask him to execute a turn

I don't understand why this should go into the Guiness Book. I mean what's the point of this bike. With some additional scaffolding, I am sure you can make a 100m long bike. The additional length does not serve any purpose. I understand back in the 80s, the Guiness Records meant something really one off and meaningful. But today if you do anything normal which is out of the ordinary...you have a chance in the Guiness Book.

No matter what's the use of that elongated part of the bike, record is a record!

Let's congratulate this guy and appreciate the time he has spent to achieve this.

btw, did anyone else read it as 'Avenger' when it came after the word 'longest' :D

Ask this guy to ride this bike in Bangalore traffic. I want to test the bikes and bikers maneuvering skills. :D

Just imagine the havoc this bike would create. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3896617)
I understand back in the 80s, the Guiness Records meant something really one off and meaningful. But today if you do anything normal which is out of the ordinary...you have a chance in the Guiness Book.

Exactly!
Back in the 90's I remember, I used to wait to watch the episode every Sunday. Now it's more like Ripleys believe it or not.

In my opinion it's not "exactly" a long bike. Looks more like a jugaad.
The rear wheel has just been added to the scaffolding to give it an elongated look.
If he had managed elongate the entire seat as well as the rest of the bike's metal body then it would look like a proper stretched bike. Just like how Hummer limousines are made by cutting them in half and adding the extra metal body in between.
Then it would have been a proper long bike.

That is a normal motorcycle with a long ugly tail, not the longest motorcycle. Funny contraption!

Talk about Jamnagar and fabricators here. These chaps can almost make anything apart from supplying forged parts to Ferrari and 'et al, this "Longest Bike" was not a surprise at all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3896492)
The extended wheel is propelled by a chain drive system and has it's own suspension.

Terribly sorry if I've missed something, but where's the chain drive again ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini (Post 3897492)
Terribly sorry if I've missed something, but where's the chain drive again ?

If you observe the video closely, you can see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3897634)
If you observe the video closely, you can see it.

Many thanks - apologies, I didn't see the video.

So it's a shaft drive till the end of the truss & then a chain drive to the rear wheel, correct ( ? ).

Looks like this is even more innovative than one would presume at first glance, the 'costume' is killer though :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini (Post 3898083)
'costume' is killer though :D

OT but that's typical dress code of men known as "kehediyu" chudidar and a turban.

Probably the "record holder" wants to flaunt the local culture to the place he originates - Kathiawadi Region of Saurastra region of Gujarat.

You must spend a week here in Rajkot and Jamnagar cities to experience some stupendous stuff in the field of Machine tools and Engineering. No wonder I said that this bike was never a surprise at all.