Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:02   #76
BHPian

Re: The Bajaj V - A motorcycle made with INS Vikrant's steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneeth2 View Post

All they had to do was put Boxer 150's headlamp assembly. Would have looked complete.
Yeah. Also it would look better with only round headlight without any assembly.
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:10   #77
BHPian

Looks quite impressive. Wish they had plonked in their 200cc engine. Then saying that it is a commuter would have been justified a bit.
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:39   #78
BHPian

Looks a beauty in black. Don't remember the last time i was this excited about a new bike launch.
Anyway, so where do i do put the pillion seat cover after removing it while on road and stopping to pick up a pretty hitch-hiker?
Old 2nd February 2016, 17:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

I'm with the general consensus that the styling is a little confused. I like the rear, not so much the front.

Not sure it's mentioned somewhere, but wouldn't they have a limited amount of steel from INS Vikrant. Have they mentioned how many bikes would actually have the INS Vikrant metal ?
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:08   #80
BHPian

Kind of liked the overall design of bike. Got some retro look with some modern touch to it.

I think Bajaj should have plonked 200Ns engine or P220 Engine (or may be the upcoming SS400 ? Am I asking for more) and price it at about 1.5-1.8 Lakh), with good quality in built and mechanical

Is it cheap publicity stunt ? Don't know, Depends on people's perception
For me its kind of a publicity stunt but not in a bad way though. They have bought the metal and they are using it in their product in some form or another, whats the issue in publishing it and use it for their advantage? after all everyone does bussiness for profit right ?
They at least have made it affordable for masses, they could have made the bike much costlier just by putting the INS Vikranth heritage on it (like some luxury cars selling cars only with their brand name and so called heritage at a price of 2-3 x the actual value)

Last edited by Asish_VK : 2nd February 2016 at 18:14.
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:25   #81
BHPian

Bike indeed looks retro and overall silhouette matches perfectly with the dimensions of the bike. Personally I am quite impressed by the marketing strategy of Bajaj than the bike. Definitely the perception of using Vikrant`s steel in making the bike itself make people go gaga over it.

Making use of parts of retired military scion`s has become a new trend now a days. Titanium parts of legendary spy plane of cold war era SR71 Blackbird has been used to make Jewelry. More info here SR71 Blackbird
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Definitely the perception of using Vikrant`s steel in making the bike itself make people go gaga over it.
This novelty factor will pull in customers in the initial period after launch, but only that won't be enough for sustained sales - the product itself has to be good too.

The bike might have INS Vikrant's steel, but will it have the mettle? Only time will tell.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:42   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
This novelty factor will pull in customers in the initial period after launch, but only that won't be enough for sustained sales - the product itself has to be good too.

The bike might have INS Vikrant's steel, but will it have the mettle? Only time will tell.

Cheers,
Vikram
Well this is the case with every product not only with the ones with novelty factor alone. Whenever there is a new launch happens, you will see the showroom buzzing with activities, with lot of people stepping into the showroom. That is the reason we always wait for the dust to settle down to judge a product as a hit or a flop.
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

I have no issues with the patriotism card Bajaj is playing with the V-150, but to me, the styling looks very confused. It looks like the designers were not very clear on their brief; or it could be that the R&D team was given a short development time.

Probably, that is why it looks like they resorted to mixing and matching stuff from all the existing parts bin and managed to create a neither-here-nor-there motorcycle. I agree that this gives a new flavor to the commuter bike segment and the buyers may be excited initially.

But on a serious note, Bajaj is really in need of a clear product strategy. In 2001, when the first Pulsar twins were released, I was one of the very first who lined up for my 180. And I loved that bike to bits. It was refreshing.

But 15 years down the line, I think Bajaj lost their way somewhere in between. I am very sure that even Bajaj has not kept track of the number of products they have released and then killed, and then again released and killed. Being dynamic and flexible is required - but in India, people tend to keep their commuter bikes for many years. And when those people cannot find the spare parts support for their Calibers, Winds, XCDs, BYKs, Boxers, Waves, Krystals and what not - you lose your reputation as a dependable manufacturer.

If Hero Honda can sell pretty much the exact same Splendor for 23 years in our market, I think what Bajaj really needs is 2 or 3 excellent products. If they can make their bikes that much more refined, efficient and durable, it will go a very long way.

And you showed us the CS400 / SS400 2 years ago. Where are they, Bajaj? I am sorry this has turned out to be a longer rant than what I had hoped for, but is 2 years not long enough for you to release a product when the basic engine and aggregates were already available from KTM?

Anyway, wishing the very best for Bajaj. Hope they can redo the magic they created with the original Pulsar twins, and rediscover themselves like Royal Enfield did.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bajaj V - A motorcycle made with INS Vikrant's steel-capture.jpg  

Last edited by Viju : 3rd February 2016 at 14:42.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 13:46   #85
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd March 2016 at 16:29.
2000rpm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th February 2016, 06:24   #86
BHPian

The bookings of the Bajaj V have started for a token amount of Rs. 5000.

Dealerships mention that the price will be or nearby Rs. 63275 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Source
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 17:34   #87
BHPian

Bajaj V Price in :
Delhi – INR 61,999 (ex-showroom)
Mumbai – INR 62,820 (ex-showroom)
Chennai -INR 63,682 (ex-showroom)
Kolkata – INR 65,498 (ex-showroom)

Specifications:

Displacement – 149.5 cc
Maximum Power – 12 BHP @ 7,500 RPM
Maximum Torque – 13 Nm @ 5,500 RPM
Gearbox – 5 Speed Manual
Brakes – Front – 240 mm Dics; Rear – 130 mm Drum
Tires – Front- 90/90/18; Rear- 120/80/16
Suspension – Front- Telescopic Forks, Rear- Twin-Spring Loaded Hydraulic Type, Gas Filled
Fuel Tank– 13 Litres

Claimed fuel mileage of more than 55 kmpl.

Source
Old 26th February 2016, 19:38   #88
Senior - BHPian

I would love to see someone swap out the puny 16inch rear with a more conventional 17 inch, maybe from one of the pulsars. I think the rear then wont look as disjointed from the front and this also opens up a much wider variety of tyre options
Old 29th February 2016, 19:59   #89
BHPian

The Bajaj V15 made with a small amount of metal coming out of the scrapped Vikrant naval carrier has been officially priced now by Bajaj. Below are the list of ex-showroom prices in the metros:

Delhi - INR 61,999
Mumbai – INR 62,820
Chennai – INR 63,682
Kolkata – INR 65,495

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/bajaj-v15-o...-12187305.html
Old 14th April 2016, 21:59   #90
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I was looking for a first bike for a very very long time and the V 15 was revealed right when I was going to set a deadline and now here she is.

The Bajaj V - A motorcycle made with INS Vikrant's steel-img20160323wa0004.jpg

The Bajaj V - A motorcycle made with INS Vikrant's steel-v15-.jpg

The Bajaj V - A motorcycle made with INS Vikrant's steel-v15-b.jpg

The Bajaj V - A motorcycle made with INS Vikrant's steel-img20160323wa0005.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 14th April 2016 at 22:21. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
aoussie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks