Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2017, 17:37   #136
BHPian

Re: TVS Akula 310 unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
Is this even viable in 2019-2020's? I mean the world is moving towards electric, even our Govt. has set a deadline of 2030.
The 2030 deadline is itself a tall one which for our government is especially difficult to acheive and on top of that I believe it is mostly for four wheelers.

In the two wheelers space I still believe there is another 25 years at the least left for the internal combustion engine as the development in electric two wheelers is far behind those of cars and the space constrains will make sure that there would be plenty of limitations as and when it comes.
Thebat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 09:47   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil Netha shares this info:

TVS Akula 310 unveiled-rr310.jpg

TVS Akula 310 unveiled-teaser.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th December 2017 at 09:52. Reason: added teaser.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 10:40   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

The blue color already leaked in brochure, I guess it is red and blue, though would be great to have matte black.
Old 4th December 2017, 12:34   #139
Senior - BHPian

I am unable to understand the riding position of the bike from the pictures or the teaser video. Is it more of a tourer like Fazer or a track machine like RC390?

Hope TVS doesnt make the position too committed. Will definitely lose out on a lot of potential customers.
Old 4th December 2017, 13:05   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
The blue color already leaked in brochure, I guess it is red and blue, though would be great to have matte black.
The blue that was leaked was a bad photshop edit I believe. The frames were in blue colour too, which looked tacky.

The red colour with the white stripes, and with those hot-looking LED headlamps, the Apache actually reminds me of Ducati

Waiting for the price unveil, after which my CBR250R can probably be seen in our Classifieds section

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I am unable to understand the riding position of the bike from the pictures or the teaser video. Is it more of a tourer like Fazer or a track machine like RC390?

Hope TVS doesnt make the position too committed. Will definitely lose out on a lot of potential customers.
Why not provide two variants and grab both the RC as well as the R3 customers's attention? I wonder why no manufacturer has tried that idea yet. Almost like what RE is doing with their 650cc twin - make two iterations, let the customer choose what he wants, cater to a larger audience and achieve better volumes!

Last edited by aravind.anand : 4th December 2017 at 13:09.
Old 4th December 2017, 13:09   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The blue that was leaked was a bad photshop edit I believe. The frames were in blue colour too, which looked tacky.

The red colour with the white stripes, and with those hot-looking LED headlamps, the Apache actually reminds me of Ducati

Waiting for the price unveil, after which my CBR250R can probably be seen in our Classifieds section

Why not provide two variants and grab both the RC as well as the R3 customers's attention? I wonder why no manufacturer has tried that idea yet. Almost like what RE is doing with their 650cc twin - make two iterations, let the customer choose what he wants, cater to a larger audience and achieve better volumes!
The frames will be red in red color too, though I guess first thing is to paint them white or black, if I get this bike.
Old 4th December 2017, 14:18   #142
BHPian

Here it is. The first images of the new TVS Apache RR 310.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-tvsapacherr310race1.jpg  

TVS Akula 310 unveiled-tvsapacherr310race2.jpg  

TVS Akula 310 unveiled-tvsapacherr310race3.jpg  

mayanksabharwal is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 14:33   #143
Team-BHP Support

Handsome bike, no doubt. Looks very Daytona'ish and I hope it goes like one too!

Can see them benchmarking it against Ninja 300, RC390, R3 and one more bike (?) on the track.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 14:47   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Handsome bike, no doubt. Looks very Daytona'ish and I hope it goes like one too!

Can see them benchmarking it against Ninja 300, RC390, R3 and one more bike (?) on the track.
That is an R3 i guess!

Phew, I have booked an RC390 last month, and then Dec 6th launch news of 310rr shook me to hold the purchase.

Looks like the ergonomics will be committed, which would be great! And i also see michelin pilot street radials, which are quite proven!
0-60 in 2.93, thats almost half a second more than RC390. Which means the 0-100 timing will be 1 second more for the apache. Fingers crossed!
Old 4th December 2017, 15:01   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

great looking bike, so the only question that remains, matte black or fiery red.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 15:10   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The frames will be red in red color too, though I guess first thing is to paint them white or black, if I get this bike.
Looks like there would be no need. The matte black bike pictured below has black coloured frame too.

The bike looks smashing and is definitely one of the best-styled Indian bikes yet - Dominar used to be my previous benchmark.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 15:15   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like there would be no need. The matte black bike pictured below has black coloured frame too.

The bike looks smashing and is definitely one of the best-styled Indian bikes yet - Dominar used to be my previous benchmark.
Without a doubt, TVS has outdone themselves, looks brilliant. I have a 9 year old Apache 160, and it is an amazing bike, 0 Niggles. Hoping for a similar second innings as well.

All this time i was thinking i will wait for Ninja 400, where in there is no doubt that the twin engine will be a peach, but overall this is a complete package and much more VFM.
Old 4th December 2017, 15:54   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Without a doubt, TVS has outdone themselves, looks brilliant. I have a 9 year old Apache 160, and it is an amazing bike, 0 Niggles. Hoping for a similar second innings as well.

All this time i was thinking i will wait for Ninja 400, where in there is no doubt that the twin engine will be a peach, but overall this is a complete package and much more VFM.
Strange coincidence ! I have an Apache RTR 160 as well, which just turned 9 years on the November 24th that went by. And zero niggles as well - excpet that the brake caliper got stuck and the bike is in service right now - but that was my fault as I neglected it completely during the recent rains. Most Pulsars that my friends bought during the same time have already been sold on account of niggling issues.

So if that is a testimony to TVS's engineering capabilities a decade ago, I am sure the new Apache 310 (especially with the BMW JV) would really age gracefully!
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 16:25   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... I have a 9 year old Apache 160, and it is an amazing bike, 0 Niggles...
Quote:
...I have an Apache RTR 160 as well, which just turned 9 years on the November 24th that went by. And zero niggles as well..!
Did you guys buy the bike as soon as it was launched? Just want to check whether the initial batch itself was niggle free or they brought in some corrections.
Old 4th December 2017, 16:34   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you guys buy the bike as soon as it was launched? Just want to check whether the initial batch itself was niggle free or they brought in some corrections.
Honestly i don't remember if it was the first batch, i think it was around for sometime when i got it. I was so fedup with my pulsar(the first batch), that i just wanted to change it, and this looked the only economically viable option. Glad i picked it(Without a test ride).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed