Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2017, 23:50   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TVS Akula 310 unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
During my weekend ride to Munnar i caught up with 2 Akula 310 Prototypes on NH-7. I was lucky enough to have my camera on at the right moment. the three videos below summarize everything.

Tyres - Michelin Pilot Street
Body - FRP
Acceleration - better than Dominar 400

Close up Video
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=XxuXT3mRaU0
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/road-rage-t...s-roads-728045

You are on ibtimes, but not for too good a reason, valid points raised in the article though.

Guess speeds like those are crazy on our roads, and that too for such long times. 120 is probably the best cruise speed, still in danger zone though.
Old 28th May 2017, 01:06   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/road-rage-t...s-roads-728045

You are on ibtimes, but not for too good a reason, valid points raised in the article though.

Guess speeds like those are crazy on our roads, and that too for such long times. 120 is probably the best cruise speed, still in danger zone though.
I Wish i was racing. I chased them with utmost safety.
Old 29th May 2017, 21:56   #78
OSH
BHPian

The TVS Akula 310 was spotted testing on the Bangalore - Chennai highway by fans of maxabout.com click here to read the entire article.

TVS Akula 310 unveiled-tvsapacherr310s2.jpg
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-tvsapacherr310s3.jpg
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-tvsapacherr310s5.jpg
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-tvsapacherr310s7.jpg
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-tvsapacherr310s4.jpg
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-tvsapacherr310s1.jpg

Credits : Maxabout.com
OSH is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 22:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The TVS Akula 310 was spotted testing on the Bangalore - Chennai highway by fans of maxabout.com click here to read the entire article.

Attachment 1643779
Attachment 1643780
Attachment 1643781
Attachment 1643782
Attachment 1643783
Attachment 1643784

Credits : Maxabout.com
Looks like a non-abs model. The two i caught had the abs rings on the rear wheel. One thing common across the three test mules, is that, they wear Michellin footwear.
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:15   #80
Senior - BHPian

Countery indianautosblog.com & Rushlane.com below are some close spy pics of the RR 310S.

Front-three-quarter
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-frontthreequarter.jpg

Front
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-front.jpg

Fuel-tank
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-fueltank.jpg

Headlamp
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-headlamp.jpg

Instrumentation
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-instrumentation.jpg

Rear-disc-with-ABS
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-reardiscwithabs.jpg

Rear-three-quarter
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-rearthreequarter.jpg

Close-up-left-side
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-closeupleftside.jpg

Pillion-seat
TVS Akula 310 unveiled-pillionseat.jpg

From the article:
Quote:
The TVS Apache RR 310S has been spied up close by a Rushlane reader. The motorcycle remains true to the concept model’s shape but gets raised clip-ons and new foot peg position to provide a relaxed riding position.
TVS Apache RR 310S spied up close side
The TVS Apache RR 310S gets a slightly taller set clip-ons and comfortable foot peg position for a relaxed riding position.

The bike will be TVS’ first production motorcycle to sport a full fairing, projector headlamps and upside down fork up front. The fully digital instrumentation in the TVS Apache RR 310S up close reveals the presence of a gear shift light on the vertically mounted unit. Brake calipers, in the front as well as rear, have been sourced from Bybre and work on petal, ventilated discs. The front brake caliper is radially mounted.

Also Read: TVS Apache RR 310S on track for Jul-Aug 2017 launch

The spied TVS Apache RR 310S gets Michelin Pilot Sport radial tyres which have an ideal balance between longevity and road grip. The presence of ABS rings confirms that the safety feature will be offered in the motorcycle though a base, non-ABS variant may also be on offer to keep costs under check.

The exhaust unit is a direct lift from the BMW G310R while a suspension cover is also present alongside the rear suspension.
TVS Apache RR 310S spied up close rear three quarter
TVS Apache RR 310S gets an exhaust canister from the BMW G310R and upside down front fork.

The TVS Apache RR 310S is powered by a 313 cc single cylinder mill which has been sourced from the BMW G310R. The powerplant in the naked roadster produces 34 hp of power and 28 Nm of torque. The output in the faired TVS though may be in a different tune.

The motorcycle will launch in 2-3 months.
Full article here --> http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/t...+Autos+blog%29
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:57   #81
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a proper full faired sporty model.. proportionate and "healthy" looking
Old 4th June 2017, 04:33   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Probably one of the most anticipated bike of the year.

Why has TVS kept the Mirrors on handle bar and not on fairing, kinda looks odd in that position.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 08:52   #83
BHPian

The instrument console is absolutely stunning !!! Check more pics on this Motorbeam report

https://www.motorbeam.com/2017/06/bi...r-is-just-wow/
mayank0782 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 12:21   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Probably one of the most anticipated bike of the year.

Why has TVS kept the Mirrors on handle bar and not on fairing, kinda looks odd in that position.
I was wondering the same too. I guess they have never made a faired motorcycle before so this might be something they had not anticipated earlier on while finalizing production-ready design. I think it would definitely be installed on the fairing where the number plate is mounted, one the bike goes into production because it is too obvious to miss.
Old 4th June 2017, 12:47   #85
BHPian

The BMW 310 is coming in at 3.7L
The Akula at 1.8L

Both prices ex-showroom.

Mid to end September is the launch date- could be staggered fro both bikes to prevent scavenging of sales.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 12:47   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I was wondering the same too. I guess they have never made a faired motorcycle before so this might be something they had not anticipated earlier on while finalizing production-ready design. I think it would definitely be installed on the fairing where the number plate is mounted, one the bike goes into production because it is too obvious to miss.
Ya true, and i really don't think it should be too much an issue to get it on production bike, should just usually be a bore and fix. Not sure if they really need to do more testing, with this design change.

PS: Let's say they don't fix it and launch the bike with this mistake, how tough will it be to get it fitted on the fairing later.
Old 4th June 2017, 12:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: Let's say they don't fix it and launch the bike with this mistake, how tough will it be to get it fitted on the fairing later.
Loads of options in the aftermarket and perhaps some from other manufacturers also. BUT if they do that it shows how bad they are at handling the launch of new products. It has been over a year since the RTR 200 was launched and I think we still have to wait for the actual abs version to come. I don't think they'd be stupid enough to make such a mistake. A faired bike just looks odd with handle bar mounted RVMs
Old 4th June 2017, 14:06   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
The BMW 310 is coming in at 3.7L
The Akula at 1.8L

Both prices ex-showroom.

Mid to end September is the launch date- could be staggered fro both bikes to prevent scavenging of sales.
If your source is correct that is quite a variance in price band. Did you get any information if 1.8 is price for the abs version or non abs, because by the looks of it, looks like we will have two variants.
Old 4th June 2017, 19:18   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Ya true, and i really don't think it should be too much an issue to get it on production bike, should just usually be a bore and fix. Not sure if they really need to do more testing, with this design change.

May be it could be an issue, if that's the design intent of TVS. Wonder how stiff s the fairing to hold the mirrors.

The vibrations could be very bad if they aren't tested well before the launch. It's not good from NVH stand point.
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 10:18   #90
BHPian

Mirrors mounted on the head fairing have a higher chance of getting knocked off (see most pulsar 200s, KTM RCs etc). Besides, they are a pain to park in tight spots too. Hence I guess they have been mounted on the yokes of the handlebar. Vibrations too could be a reason.
But it could also be a part from BMWs naked bike and TVS might be still developing the RVMs which would be there on the production bike.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks