Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 22:25   #136
Senior - BHPian

It's puzzling that the SR150 supposed to be the powerful version of Vespa 150 engine makes a full 1BHP less than the Vespa 150.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 17:20   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

A150 and its accessories pricelist

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img20160830wa0017.jpg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img20160830wa0016.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 17:38   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
That is quite odd. Here is the breakdown I got when when visiting a non Aprillia showroom at Hyd.

67,821 - Ex-show Room
_6,753 - Life tax (9%)
_2,100 - Comprehensive Insurance
___900 - Temporary and Permanent Registration
_3,400 - +5% Life tax(2nd Vehicle)
_2,500 - Total for Accessories(Side Stand,Women's Foot Rest, USB port, RVM & floor mat )
83,474 - Total

Yet to get a test ride.
Can you please tell me what odd thing you found in this? Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka have different tax components at different rates. It'll obviously be different.

In fact i find the system of vehicle tax for second vehicle really odd. I know its not new but i don't know of any other states doing that.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 19:37   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
A150 and its accessories pricelist
Is this from bangalore? Or pune? Looking at the ex showroom price I think it may be not from bangalore.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 20:06   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Is this from bangalore? Or pune? Looking at the ex showroom price I think it may be not from bangalore.
Yes it is not from Bangalore but from Pune. Thanks for correcting me.
Old 31st August 2016, 12:10   #141
BHPian

The Paytm booking made last week got assigned to a showroom hence got a test drive today.
Liked the acceleration, braking, and the size. The size also reminded me of the Kinetic Honda and how I wished, back then, the activa engine could be had in the kine.

Didn't like: the vibration in the handlebar & foot board(like the fork is loose), exhaust note that sounds like something is broken in the clutch/crank shaft, and how it is tiring to hold the handle bar.

Also, I wonder how this engine mount will hold up in time. Though, the other side of the mount looks robust.
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img_20160820_163331-copy.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Can you please tell me what odd thing you found in this?
4K excess for handling + registration, apart from Road tax and insurance.

EDIT - Received a call from Aprillia confirming the booking and confirming that deliveries are to start from September 12th.

Last edited by SDP : 31st August 2016 at 14:32. Reason: As requested
gendarmee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 13:48   #142
Senior - BHPian

Am pleasantly surprised with Piaggio Aprilia's customer care.

Just received a call because I had raised a concern with them, from the regional Sales head and he clearly explained some stuff.

Initially the dealer had the audacity to say that he would give preference to Showroom bookings only and not PayTM bookings, the Sales head clearly said that it is bullshit and they would be allocating the vehicles from the factory to us, as per first come first serve basis.

Secondly, the dealer said that we need to pay 30k as advance and only after that he would Punch my order in the system and then after the vehicle is allocated, I need to clear remaining payment before the vehicle even comes here, the Sales head also clarified that I can pay only after I see the vehicle.

Thirdly the OTR, the dealer gave me a quote of 79k INR, while the Sales head clarified the OTR for my region is 77950 INR only, and they have sent a note to all dealers to not overcharge in name of Registration/Handling etc.
(without accessories)
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 23:34   #143
Senior - BHPian

Really disappointed to read about the vibrations and the poor plastics.
But this scooter is already at discount if you go by the Vespa pricing. So are these things not expected at this 'low' price?
Old 6th September 2016, 08:11   #144
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the SR150, with the sales guy pillion unfortunately (instead of my better half) on the roads around Kian Motors Panvel. The test drive vehicle didn't have a plate and hence was not let to test it on the highway. Further, as per 'policy' they don't let customers test drive without the sales guy as pillion. This posed a problem for my wife to take a test drive and had to content with a few yards driving solo.

The engine seems eager and surges under part throttle but wide open throttle under roll on acceleration lets out a slightly strained note. The roads were in a bad state, however the relatively stiff suspension never bottomed out while traversing deep potholes at speed (with two on board). The seat is more suited to a solo rider, an adult pillion is quite a squeeze. The flush fitting rear foot pegs look fantastic but is not at an ergonomic height for the pillion, as I discovered when I swapped places with the sales guy. A point to note is that only one of the twin headlights will be on at any point of time (high beam and low beam are housed on separate reflectors). Low beam on with pass switch depressed illuminates both headlamps simultaneously.

I was given an on road quote of 76250/- (Navi Mumbai) which includes 800/- worth accessories comprising side stand and rear number plate. The only other accessory on offer is a floor mat. As per the dealer, delivery is expected to commence by end of October
Old 8th September 2016, 15:45   #145
BHPian

Did anyone from Bangalore get any explanataion from Aprilia of the Registration charges of Rs. 4000 being charged by dealers?
I have written to Aprilia long back and still no reply for the email, expect the email which said that they have forwarded the email to concerned team.
The call center does not have any info on the email sent nor they can give any complaint number for the calls made.

Really strange, it is better to wait for some other models from Honda I believe.

I have to mention that I did like the vehicle during the test drive.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:29   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
Did anyone from Bangalore get any explanataion from Aprilia of the Registration charges of Rs. 4000 being charged by dealers?
I have written to Aprilia long back and still no reply for the email, expect the email which said that they have forwarded the email to concerned team.
The call center does not have any info on the email sent nor they can give any complaint number for the calls made.

Really strange, it is better to wait for some other models from Honda I believe.

I have to mention that I did like the vehicle during the test drive.
Me too had sent an email to Aprilia customer care regarding the exorbitantly high handling charges quoted BT Bangalore dealers. So far not got any response from them. Where as i got a call from the customer care explaining the product based on the brochure download information, last week. During the call I mentioned the high handling charges issue and they told me to write to them with the details.
BTW, anyone got info on when the deliveries are starting in Bangalore?
Old 11th September 2016, 15:31   #147
BHPian

Yesterday I took test ride from M.S. Motors, Mount-Poonamallee Road, Chennai.
I liked the different note of the engine, a tappety noise. Seemed bit like KTMs sound. Overall fit and finish seemed OK for me. Scooter felt eager to pick up speed. Front brake had good bite but rear ones felt pretty weak. Rode it over some bad stretches and it performed well. Showroom owner was riding pillion and balance and stability two up was also good.
Was satisfied and booked the black one by paying Rs. 1000/-.
On road will be Rs. 77,950/-. Expecting to be delivered by 2nd week of October.
rajivr1612 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 16:16   #148
Senior - BHPian

Visited Motoplex Pune on Saturday.
Very nice place for bike lovers. The bikes there look awesome.

The Aprilia is probably the worst of the lot on display. :(

I get a feeling that the plastics are not long lasting. The engine is quite noisy and not too pleasing to my ears.
Old 12th September 2016, 03:28   #149
BHPian

Test rode the SR150 today. Was considering this as an upgrade to my S125 so I have compared it to my scooter where possible.

Initial Impression: The SR150 looks good. Its eye catching even though it looks similar to the Ray. People were checking it out while riding. It looks good in black initially when new, however once it catches dust (the test ride vehicle wasn't very clean), it really doesn't look all that special. White is the colour I liked. It looks sporty yet elegant.

Acceleration: Is good. The scooter feels fast as it should! However it isn't a great deal more than my S125.

Weight and Handling: The SR150 is light and very nimble. Had to get used to the feel of not having something heavy in my hands. Almost felt invisible riding the scooter, I could zip in and out of tight spaces.

Ride Quality: It wasn't as good as my S, the instrument panel would wobble at high speeds. However it wasn't unmanageable. Brakes were good and sharp. I test drove alone so cannot comment on the space available for the pillion rider.

Wheels: Larger sportier wheels than any other scooter out there. My wheels look puny compared to the SR, as you can see in the picture (orange S).

Boot space: Smaller than my S, however it could fit my helmet with a little cramming.

Build Quality: It didn't feel too cheap as other users have commented. It felt similar to other mass market scooters out there, especially if if you take into the account it is their cheapest scooter. However if you compare it to a Vespa, then yes it does feel like a step down due to different materials involved. The size of the instrument cluster felt small, I felt there were too few things. They could've definitely made it more appealing.

Pricing: 81k on road (price list attached) with the dealer quoting 71k as the ex-showroom price. I asked the dealer why it was so high compared to the 65k quoted initially. He said some other octroi and other charges had to be paid. Also the side stand wasn't mentioned to me as an accessory.

The reason I chose to buy a Vespa initially was the build quality, which was better than any other scooter out there. Every other scooter felt too plasticky and generic. Going by my first point, I'd never buy the SR150. However if you choose to ignore that, its an amazing scooter performance wise. It's like those race spec versions of street legal cars. They're barely anything accessory/ comfort wise, but man are they a joy to drive. The SR150 is far from generic!
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-dsc_0158.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-dsc_0151.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-dsc_0150.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-dsc_0145.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-dsc_0153.jpg  

Last edited by omar : 12th September 2016 at 03:34.
omar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 19:17   #150
BHPian

Hey guys, I am planning to book the new SR 150 here in Bangalore. Not sure which dealer I should go to. Had been to Navin Associates on Christ College road and wasn't too convinced with the staff there. How are these guys to deal with? Any previous pleasant/unpleasant experience is greatly appreciated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks