Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2016, 19:55   #151
BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Hey guys, I am planning to book the new SR 150 here in Bangalore. Not sure which dealer I should go to. Had been to Navin Associates on Christ College road and wasn't too convinced with the staff there. How are these guys to deal with? Any previous pleasant/unpleasant experience is greatly appreciated!
I am taking delivery of SR150 tomorrow from Navin Associates. The registration process may take some more time it seems, since the RTO approval is taking some time due to non availability of officials!
Even my experience with the staff over there was not very encouraging since the booking in Aug 2nd week. Last week I found the number of store manager in Google reviews and contacted him directly. The interaction with him so far is good. In case you have any concerns its better to contact the manager directly.
salbin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 15:36   #152
BHPian

Been a month since booking hence called Ashwam Auto yesterday only to find out that there is no news on the delivery as they are still expecting the lot to arrive.
Surprisingly, got a call today saying the scooter is ready for delivery. Went to showroom and was informed that they can deliver it today against a full payment but cannot reserve it even if one payed 70% today. Bank closed today so can help it. Now then, they refused to accept it by Mid-day Monday or a cheque. Offered to accept if the payment is made no later than 10AM on Monday- Which is again difficult. If not that, the delivery is postponed to the 2nd week of October or for when they get a the lot, and we apparently lost the FiFo spot due to this.

Yes, it is a rant. Their point is that need to pay for next lot hence they are giving the scooters only against cash. I felt frustrated as it is very unreasonable of them to not intimate prior today or not to not allow time.

I'm checking if we can have the showroom changed while pushing the delivery date no later than 2nd.

Last edited by SDP : 25th September 2016 at 23:39. Reason: as requested
gendarmee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 16:07   #153
BHPian

Got my SR 150 today. Bit of a surprise delivery from Motoplex. Untill Wednesday, there was no word from them so I called the manager and complained. He asked for a day and when we spoke on Thursday, they said they can give a bike if I pay the whole amount. No problems there. So I got their account details as vehicle cost details. Transferred the money and passed on the receipt to them. They promised delivery on Friday evening which was yesterday, but I couldn't make it since the traffic was extremely bad. Went today morning and rode the bike back home They offered coffee while I waited. Great experience dealing with them. On road price was 74.6k something.

I have ridden only 15 km till now but I learnt one thing. The handling is superb. During the test drive as well as first half of my journey, I was holding the handlebars very tightly. My forearms started feeling numb so I loosened the grip. That's when I realized the mistake. A loose grip, made a world of a difference. Turn ins are now wonderful and I can weave thru traffic beautifully. Guess I was rusty riding a scooter. Biased riding the Bonneville - which I hold pretty tight since the effort required is a lot different.

The ride height is on the high side and my feet are not fully planted on the ground. Maybe I need to fix this by shaving off some foam from the seat. Will do it later maybe.

Some points which I disliked
1. Service interval - every 3 months! Who does that?
2. The storage space is poor and gets heated up pretty badly. They need a heat shield about the engine to prevent this.
3. Mirrors are purely a styling exercise. Bad visibility. I really like my mirrors. Feel crippled without one.

What I like
1. Handling - most my riding is in wet and I am sure in dry, its going to be super fun
2. Strong engine pull - I was easy on the engine so didn't do any gp starts, but it has adequate pull
3. Very nice positive and linear brakes

Here are some pics for you to enjoy
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20160924_112412.jpg

I did a quick walk around before taking delivery. Checked the oil level, brake fluid level, paint and sticker quality etc.
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20160924_112436.jpg

Looks nice from the side.
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20160924_112501.jpg

Here's me taking delivery.

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20160924_120109.jpg

She's home with the Triumph.
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20160924_130157.jpg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20160924_130136.jpg
And a few more of all the bikes that I have
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20160924_141614.jpg

Now there are 2 Japanese and 2 European bikes. Guess which is my favorite?
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20160924_142500.jpg

Will update with my ownership experience when I am able to put some miles on it.

Last edited by nitrogary : 24th September 2016 at 16:15.
nitrogary is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 14:49   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got my SR 150 today. Bit of a surprise delivery from Motoplex
Congrats on your purchase, you have a nice collection of other bikes and in great condition. I need some inputs, how does this compare with Activa? We regularly use these for office works and our delivery persons carry some heavy weights (not volume though). Is this built relatively better or should we stay with Honda?

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th September 2016 at 14:50.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 16:54   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats on your purchase, you have a nice collection of other bikes and in great condition. I need some inputs, how does this compare with Activa? We regularly use these for office works and our delivery persons carry some heavy weights (not volume though). Is this built relatively better or should we stay with Honda?
Thanks Turbanator!

The build quality is nice indeed. But as a work horse, I don't see this vehicle as the best buy.

I would be careful about the ride height and storage space - if you want to transport material, there isn't great space available at the foot board. Other issue is that people will struggle planting both their feet flat on the ground. See the pic where i am sitting on the bike. It is with the bike off the main stand

My recommendation is the TVS Jupiter which is I think a good 10 k cheaper.
nitrogary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 22:34   #156
BANNED

You look good with both your feet on ground, what's wrong?
Old 25th September 2016, 22:57   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
You look good with both your feet on ground, what's wrong?
Well, for a scooter is ride height is more. My feet are not flat on the ground. There's a good inch-inch and half gap between the heel and the floor. I am 5'10.
Old 26th September 2016, 09:37   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
Well, for a scooter is ride height is more. My feet are not flat on the ground. There's a good inch-inch and half gap between the heel and the floor. I am 5'10.
Nonetheless, nice garage. Cheers.
vittalnrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 13:34   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I am taking delivery of SR150 tomorrow from Navin Associates. The registration process may take some more time it seems, since the RTO approval is taking some time due to non availability of officials!
Even my experience with the staff over there was not very encouraging since the booking in Aug 2nd week. Last week I found the number of store manager in Google reviews and contacted him directly. The interaction with him so far is good. In case you have any concerns its better to contact the manager directly.
Congrats mate!

I finally went to Square Auto on Lalbagh Road and made a booking! Things were a little better here, staff were courteous and a test ride was arranged immediately. It was a better experience than Navin for sure. Only thing that is puzzling with Square auto is the onroad price, its computes to 83500/-, without any accesories (not even a side stand!), are accessories available? also please let me know the cost, Would help!
Old 26th September 2016, 13:53   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Congrats mate!

I finally went to Square Auto on Lalbagh Road and made a booking! Things were a little better here, staff were courteous and a test ride was arranged immediately. It was a better experience than Navin for sure. Only thing that is puzzling with Square auto is the onroad price, its computes to 83500/-, without any accesories (not even a side stand!), are accessories available? also please let me know the cost, Would help!
Cost across Bangalore is same at 83500/-
Side stand is accessory. When I took delivery, they were not having side stand. I am yet to get registration number.
Old 27th September 2016, 00:11   #161
BANNED

Received my SR150 today, odo reading at showroom was 1.3kms, have already clocked in 70kms. Am 6'1, previously was riding RayZ, ergonomics are ok, but I would have liked more space at footwell.

Performance is day and night difference b/w 110cc and 150cc, I could mange to keep up with my friend's KTM 200 in stop go traffic with hardly meters separating us.

No photos as I had to sell my i6s to invest on this baby. Very glad indeed!

Exhaust note is terrible, it's like dentist grinding your teeth to get the satins out. Would like to invest on new exhaust, any pointers highly appreciated.

Onroad cost Bangalore is 83,500 + 500 for side stand. Nonetheless, I feel money well spent!
vittalnrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 02:26   #162
BANNED

Had gone in another 50km ride around city, man she's a beauty! Will definitely suggest one and all to take test ride and procure one.

Very stable at triple digit speeds also, braking is very confident. Am basically a Ninja 650 rider.

Kindly put in your comments ppl who have already riden
Old 27th September 2016, 16:51   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Received my SR150 today, odo reading at showroom was 1.3kms, have already clocked in 70kms. Am 6'1, previously was riding RayZ, ergonomics are ok, but I would have liked more space at footwell.

Performance is day and night difference b/w 110cc and 150cc, I could mange to keep up with my friend's KTM 200 in stop go traffic with hardly meters separating us.

No photos as I had to sell my i6s to invest on this baby. Very glad indeed!

Exhaust note is terrible, it's like dentist grinding your teeth to get the satins out. Would like to invest on new exhaust, any pointers highly appreciated.

Onroad cost Bangalore is 83,500 + 500 for side stand. Nonetheless, I feel money well spent!
Congrats..
Is the number plate included in 83.5k?
Did you get the side stand? I didn't get side stand when I took delivery last week.
Old 27th September 2016, 17:25   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had gone in another 50km ride around city, man she's a beauty! Will definitely suggest one and all to take test ride and procure one.

Very stable at triple digit speeds also, braking is very confident. Am basically a Ninja 650 rider.

Kindly put in your comments ppl who have already riden
How is the ride quality? Is it back breaking? I'm thinking of getting one for my college commute, which is about 50 km a day.
I know it's a sin to ask about mileage for this scooter but how much can one expect?
Old 27th September 2016, 18:30   #165
BHPian

As it was paytm booking, we were able to get the showroom changed

Quote:
Exhaust note is terrible, it's like dentist grinding your teeth to get the satins out.
Found this when re-searching last month.
gendarmee is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks