Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2017, 10:08   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
For some odd reason Aprillia refunded the PayTM booking today. Effectively, I got a 4.3K discount on the actual cost.
Woah, tell us more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
I will be taking my SR150 for its first service next week.

The manual says an oil change is to be done, but has no mention of an oil filter replacement. Instead, an 'oil strainer' is to be cleaned.

Does this mean the SR150 doesn't have an oil filter?
It has an oil strainer, which can be cleaned, or replaced. Costs 20 odd rupees. I usually get the strainer and o-ring replaced. (past 2 oil changes now)
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 11:39   #287
BHPian

Will get the oil strainer replaced during the next oil change.
Old 7th February 2017, 19:14   #288
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to drill and install an additional pair of footpegs towards the front, I guess near the bottom where floorboard and apron meet ?
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:09   #289
BHPian

Apparently, the SR150R has tweaked gear ratios for better acceleration(though it looks hideous).
Now then, do tweaked gear ratios imply that the newer version has a new variator and pulley/CVT or the actual gear box is different or both?

Last edited by gendarmee : 23rd February 2017 at 11:10.
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:58   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Apparently, the SR150R has tweaked gear ratios for better acceleration(though it looks hideous).
Now then, do tweaked gear ratios imply that the newer version has a new variator and pulley/CVT or the actual gear box is different or both?

This video confirms that the CVT, Carb and Exhaust kits can be retrofitted on the SR150. Look forward to the CVT.
Old 13th June 2017, 13:12   #291
BHPian

Guys, I am facing a problem since past few days. Upon sudden accleration the "gear" seems to be stuck, there is a momentary pause before the scooter surges ahead. This is particularly annoying during quick overtaking manoeuvres. I would like to know what could be the issue here before I take it to service center.
Thanks,
Rajiv
Old 13th June 2017, 14:23   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, I am facing a problem since past few days. Upon sudden accleration the "gear" seems to be stuck, there is a momentary pause before the scooter surges ahead. This is particularly annoying during quick overtaking manoeuvres. I would like to know what could be the issue here before I take it to service center.
Thanks,
Rajiv
Nothing wrong at all; that's typical of a CVT and it is called the rubber band effect. You need to plan a overtake maneuver in advance.
Old 13th June 2017, 14:58   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Nothing wrong at all; that's typical of a CVT and it is called the rubber band effect. You need to plan a overtake maneuver in advance.
Thanks for the reply Hemanth. But I have never faced this before i.e. since my ownership from Oct-2016.
This has been happening from last one week. And it's a bit scary sometimes. The scooter just stays back for a moment.
I guess I have to take to service center for a solution.
Thanks once again.
Old 18th June 2017, 18:10   #294
Senior - BHPian

There was some news of more comfortable shocks as well as MRF tyres being introduced, any news on this ? Also there were some reports of SR 125 launching.

Long term owners how has the experience been so far with the bike and service centers ?
Old 18th June 2017, 20:43   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
There was some news of more comfortable shocks as well as MRF tyres being introduced, any news on this ? Also there were some reports of SR 125 launching.

Long term owners how has the experience been so far with the bike and service centers ?
Comfortable shocks. That's some good news. Will check with the service center next time.
My service center is M.S.Motors, on Mount-Poonamallee road, Chennai. So far have a positive experience.
Old 17th July 2017, 13:44   #296
Senior - BHPian

TO all the SR 150 owners:
I am planning to buy a family scooter where different family members ( male & female of different age brackets) including myself would be using it for odd errands around the city. I like the retro looks of vespa series but ruled it our as its a bit expensive to begin with. Based on the arm-chair research, i am more tuned towards Suzuki access 125 - special edition. But a part of me is inclined towards the SR150. Currently I ride a Versys 650 and a triumph Bonneville and am accustomed to a bit of power, hence the inclination towards SR 150. Sporty looks is ok with family, Can live with modest storage space as well, Mileage is not a bother, but a stiff suspension may be an issue. have read some negative ownership experiences on other sites, so wanted to know what fellow rides here think of my situation? Any pointers would be very helpful.
Old 17th July 2017, 13:53   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
TO all the SR 150 owners:
I am planning to buy a family scooter where different family members ( male & female of different age brackets) including myself would be using it for odd errands around the city. I like the retro looks of vespa series but ruled it our as its a bit expensive to begin with. Based on the arm-chair research, i am more tuned towards Suzuki access 125 - special edition. But a part of me is inclined towards the SR150. Currently I ride a Versys 650 and a triumph Bonneville and am accustomed to a bit of power, hence the inclination towards SR 150. Sporty looks is ok with family, Can live with modest storage space as well, Mileage is not a bother, but a stiff suspension may be an issue. have read some negative ownership experiences on other sites, so wanted to know what fellow rides here think of my situation? Any pointers would be very helpful.
To me the only sore point is the stiff suspension. Else this scooter scores in all other aspects in my book. Like you I too don't bother much of mileage and storage. So I am pretty happy. But I dread uneven/potholed roads. When I follow my wife on a Wego on bad roads she glides over it whereas I follow her as if on a bullock cart.
P.S. I have a back condition since many years. Still went for it and I don't regret.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 17th July 2017 at 13:56.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 17:19   #298
BHPian

I really wouldn't recommend the SR150 for family use. Sure it looks great and goes fast but the ride is simply bone jarring on typical Indian roads. The engine is quite vibey at low speeds, and the seat is quite small as well.

The scooter is at its best on super smooth tarmac doing 70+ speeds, in my opinion.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 19:55   #299
Senior - BHPian

To long term owners, how is the bike holding up ? Are the service centers any good, especially in Mumbai. Lots of niggles being reported on the xBHP Aprilia thread. Im strongly considering an SR 150 but would like to know how its holding up so far
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 17:25   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
To long term owners, how is the bike holding up ? Are the service centers any good, especially in Mumbai. Lots of niggles being reported on the xBHP Aprilia thread. Im strongly considering an SR 150 but would like to know how its holding up so far
I've had the bike for about 10 months now but have just covered 1100 km on it.
There's a couple of small issues I have had on the bike.
1. The headlight reflector was wobbling. So the light beam throw used to move around due to that. They fixed it in the first service in October.
2. The oil dip stick had some minor leakage which I noticed in my second service couple of weeks ago. They have told that its been fixed so I will wait for more time to see if its fixed.

Other than that, people have noted that the rear brake was too soft. That has been fixed also on my bike so I believe it was just a setting issue.

Can't complain about the service centers in Pune, so no reason to believe the Mumbai ones are any different.

Typical fuel economy hovers around 35-40 - i don't know really as i haven't paid attention to it. But there have been 6-7 full tanks in about 1100 km.

Overall, super happy with the purchase. Here's a pic, or two. Got my hands on a really sweet AGV helmet which had the exact same color scheme as the bike just for city riding and occasional commute to work.
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20170617_132447.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-photo_20170617_132409.jpg  

nitrogary is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed