Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 20:34   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Spotted the green SR150 at the showroom when I had dropped in for a service. I don't really like the outcome, the dark green and red combo is a bit weird I think. Here are a couple of snaps:
This shade does not do any justice for SR150 nor its Italian pedigree.
On the other hand there are 3 more new shades which are much more brighter and impressive.
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-apriliasr150newcolours_827x510_51510834543.jpg
Old 8th January 2018, 14:26   #332
BHPian

I recently bought an SR150 white colour and the odo currently reads 450Kms. I was stopped by traffic police last friday and was asked to pay 200 rs fine for defective number plates. In SR150 there is no provision to fix a plate. Its just a sticker. After arguing with the cop for some time he let me go as the vehicle was new. But how can RTO approve registration of a vehicle if it does not confirm to law of land
motor_breathing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 13:00   #333
BHPian

Quick ownership review for prospective buyers purely from my experience and opinion after 6months + 2500kms of ownership

The SR150 is still very fun to ride and keeps you entertained in high-speed city commutes. I thought it will get boring after a while since I have a CBR250r which I ride alternatively but Aprilia always manages to make me smile on the highways.

Mileage that I get with spirited runs is in the range of 30kmpl and I end up with refuels after 150-160 kms from full tank. I recently decided to check the mileage when riding this baby sedately at 60-80 with smooth acceleration and managed close to 35 kmpl but that spoils all the fun for hardly any noticeable efficiency in mileage.

Tires are doing a fantastic job and so are the brakes. There is hardly any emergency braking situation so far where the tires+brakes combo has let me down. I’ve always been using both the brakes irrespective of the speeds.
Handling in the city traffic is simply wonderful and as good as or at times better than my aging 1st gen Yamaha Fz16. The suspensions are not getting any softer for sure. I’m getting used to it in time but when my wife rides it after weeks/months, suspension and seat comfort are the biggest of issues. I’ve myself done a couple of within city trips of 100+ kms in a day & seats do get hard after a while.

All the electricals, headlights, horn, indicators, battery etc. are absolutely fine. Thanks for all the tips & tricks on Aprilia SR150 forums, I never faced starting problems on my SR150 even when I cranked her up after 15 days of breaks this December. I have 2 other bikes to run regularly so SR150 at most times comes out only after 3-4 days and never been ridden on consecutive days. Yes it takes a couple of extra cranks but it invariably coughs up to life. Occasionally, I do make a use of my kick start and it works fine as well.

Engine and power delivery is the cake here. It certainly isn’t quick to get off the mark but there's noticeable surge post 40-50 kmph. I strictly followed the run in and the engine performance is superb for now. Feels all smooth when cruising at 60-80 with negligible vibrations/sounds. Reaching speedo indicated triple digits is really not a problem even with a pillion and an indicated 120 is not that hard to reach as well most of the times if riding alone with good & clear highways. Thankfully, no unusual sounds, rattles, problems with engine, cutch and transmission unlike some cases noted earlier for SR150.

The ownership and SVC experience so far has been okay, neither exceptionally great nor that bad. If anything, I’d rate Aprilia SVC better than Honda SVC for at least being seemingly attentive to your problems but they’re not in the league of Yamaha SVC’s. Ownership costs so far have been on the higher side for now but I’ll reserve my opinion on this until after 2-3 years. The mechanics seem well trained and they have decent equipment at their disposal to work around quickly and efficiently on Vespas & Aprillias. A rough breakup of buying + approx. service cost as follows

OTR Mumbai – 81k (including some accessories, finance charges etc.)
1st service – Rs 1.5 k (Free service + consumable 300 + USB charger of approx. 900 + 300 for something I can’t recall right now but can check in the bill)
2nd service – Rs 2.3 k (Paid service 500 + perimeter kit of approx.. 1800)
3rd service – Rs. 1.2 k (Free service + consumables 300 + extended warranty 750 + air filter 150)
Total – 86 k excluding fuel

Not focusing on the storage issues such as cramped under seat, less legroom, handles touching my knees (I’m 5”10) on full U-turns etc. I knew these before buying so never bothered to consider them as deal breakers.
To summarize, it is a fantastic machine for a segment of people who understand their requirement (class leading performance & handling). There is a lot you lose in terms of practicality, comfort, cost, and reliability compared to rivals from Honda, TVS etc. so be mindful of that if those are your priorities. If not, there are not many options at this price point for what Aprilia SR150 has to offer.
Hope I covered most of the points worth considering. Feel free to ask if I missed out on anything

Last edited by camitesh : 25th January 2018 at 13:03. Reason: Spelling error correction
camitesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 18:46   #334
BHPian

One of the first month deliveries since launch. Got delivery in October 2016, driven 8300 kms. When accelerator is twisted only noise from the engine and the bike refuses to move. Gave it for service. They say the "Hub, shaft and alloy has gone" , bill of approx Rs.8000 + tax for a one year old vehicle. They say I missed the 4th service , so warranty is void. My running was low, so I could not give it for service on time , don't remember missing it but the say so. I'm in a fix , if this has to be changed now. Spend Rs.8000 on this. Pissed off with the service guys.
Old 9th February 2018, 22:02   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
One of the first month deliveries since launch. Got delivery in October 2016, driven 8300 kms. When accelerator is twisted only noise from the engine and the bike refuses to move. Gave it for service. They say the "Hub, shaft and alloy has gone" , bill of approx Rs.8000 + tax for a one year old vehicle. They say I missed the 4th service , so warranty is void. My running was low, so I could not give it for service on time , don't remember missing it but the say so. I'm in a fix , if this has to be changed now. Spend Rs.8000 on this. Pissed off with the service guys.
Sorry to hear this. Maybe you did give for service but not as per their recommended schedule for mileage covered/date from purchase. In which case, the warranty will be void. That is why it's very important to follow the rules by the book when your machine is under warranty, as you never know when your luck will take a U-turn. Maybe you can push for goodwill warranty or make them cover a part of the total cost to fix the issue. In any case, do let us know the final outcome. Good luck.
Old 17th February 2018, 02:29   #336
BHPian

Hi,

I did write to Aprilia , found their mail address on their website.
Then called them a couple of times , toll free number. I explained this was not service related issue as it is a manufacturing defect, parts not Confirming to day to day normal wear and tear. They agreed to replace the whole thing as good will warranty. The hub, shaft and rear alloy wheel. I wanted to get the extended warranty which was not offered to me while I bought the bike. Since it was within one month of the launch date I purchased. The service advisor advised me not to pay for the extended warranty since I had already missed a service, it won't be of any use in the future. I am doomed if there are any future problems on the bike , which saddened me a bit. Still a happy customer.
Old 5th April 2018, 11:04   #337
BHPian

Hi,

My Oct-2016 purchased scooter crossed 10,000kms yesterday. Used mainly for office commute which is 20kms up and down.

The ownership though was not niggle free, nothing major though. Servicing is done as per schedule. In comparison my 8 years old Wego (Sept 2010) has been running flawlessly with no niggles and without regular maintenance and rough use.

Listed below a small comparison various issues faced:

1) Mechanical issues:
Wego - None
Aprilia - None

2) Electrical issues:
Wego - Battery replaced after 6 years of usage. No other electrical issues.
Aprilia - Battery replaced last month. Pilot lamp blew within one month and replaced. Headlight switch became loose and replaced. Brake light switch jammed twice, lubrication was enough.

The suspension is still hard as ever, but my body has got used to it now. Hope to cover many more kms...

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-10000.jpg  

rajivr1612 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 20:54   #338
BHPian

Some choice, at last!

Those of you who were asking for some alternative to the OE Vee Rubbers the SR came with, can now rejoice! To the rescue comes MRF, with their ubiquitous Zapper range of tyres. MRF has now launched the Zapper in the SR's stock 120/70 14 size.

Here's what it looks like:

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img20180407wa0038.jpg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-img20180407wa0039.jpg

The same tread pattern as the Zappers for all other scooters, even though the tyre is a bit rounder(is this even a word) this time.

Do take a closer look at the first picture, however. The speed and load rating in particular. The Zapper has a 55 P rating, while the Vee Rubber has a 61 H rating.

What do these numbers and letters mean? Well,

61 H means a load rating of 257Kg and speed rating of 210km/hr.
55 P means a load rating of 218Kg and speed rating of 150km/hr.

While the speed rating doesn't really matter since they're both a lot higher than the SR's top speed, the MRF has a rating of nearly 40Kg lesser than the Vee Rubber. Something to think about if you intend to carry some heavy loads on board.

The MRF costs around 2000/-, and is available now at select MRF tyre dealers. So yes, it is quite a bit cheaper than the Vee Rubber.

I haven't personally tried these tyres out, but initial impressions from owners seem to be positive. If anyone has some proper experience with the Zappers, do let the rest of us know!
Speed.Demon is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 16:34   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
They say the "Hub, shaft and alloy has gone" , bill of approx Rs.8000 + tax for a one year old vehicle. They say I missed the 4th service , so warranty is void. My running was low, so I could not give it for service on time , don't remember missing it but the say so.
I can relate to this as I was just about to miss my 4th service by a whisker. I was going to suggest writing to Aprilia but you have already taken that step and good to know they reacted positively. We know Aprilia will have few costly niggles to be addressed and it is always good to know you have warranty to cover those.

I have got the following replaced under warranty already in 9 months of ownership

1. Rear alloy
2. Engine cooling fan assembly
3. Clutch components

I bought the extended warranty on my last service. Didn't see any reason not to avail extended warranty as I love this machine and I could certainly foresee owning it for another 3-4 years if there are limited niggles or the niggles are fixed by Aprilia under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi,

My Oct-2016 purchased scooter crossed 10,000kms yesterday. Used mainly for office commute which is 20kms up and down.

The ownership though was not niggle free, nothing major though. Servicing is done as per schedule.
Congrats on the milestone. Thankfully no electrical niggles in my Aug17 SR150 in 4000 kms so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Some choice, at last!
That's superb. I've been riding on MRFs on my Yamaha FZ since almost a decade and have very little to complain. Have also used Michelin, Dunlop, Pireli, Ceat at some point in time on FZ or CBR250 and always reverted back to MRFs for their good all round VFM factor. Vee rubber is amazing but it did give me some heartbeat skipping moments on wet surfaces last monsoon and I may switch to MRFs if the wet grip is anything better then Vee. Will wait and watch for the reviews though.

Quick 5th service update.

The SR150 gave up on me once again in the middle of nowhere at 4 am while I was rushing for an early morning flight. Could not get a cab since there was a sudden Ola/Uber strike in Mumbai which I wasn't aware of so decided to take SR150 and park it at airport since it was the same day return for me. Petrol was almost full and I was already 3-4 kms away from home when the engine turned off all of a sudden. Engine restarted but kept dying or there was no accelerator response beyond 15-20 kmph and felt like bike was gasping for air. Had to find a secure parking next to a highway mall and collect later in the day. Surprisingly, it was working well when I rode it back in the evening.

So this was a big concern to be addressed on my 5th service and the SVC guys suggested an array of paid treatments to fix this issue. Following was suggested with approx cost

Replace air filter - 300
Carb cleanup - 200
Clutch setting overhaul - 450
Fuel line/tank and filter check/replace - 400
Battery service - 100

Apart from the above, I was suggested for a free Rear alloy replacement as they suspected the known manufacturing defect although mine was a MY July 17 machine which I believed to have mostly fixed the rim issues

This being a paid service, INR 550 was added to the mix and 300 for oil change

So the total quote climbed up close to 2.5k

I was absolutely appalled at this and had a polite but firm conversation with SVC supervisor on this. I asked them to do whatever was needed only as per the service manual. I requested him to get whatever needed to be done under warranty or not do it at all. Alongwith that, I showed him my previous service bills where I had already taken up Air Filter replacement and clutch service on their recommendation but the problem was still present. The service quote dropped to half as air filter replacement was out of the equation, clutch setting was done free of cost, fuel line/tank check was skipped.

I wasn't due for an oil replacement but amidst the arguments, I missed out on this and realised the same half way through the service so I let it slide. I'm from the school of thought that believes in liberal engine oil replacements so this did not hurt as much.

Entire service was done in my presence and I was happy with the seemingly thorough job done. I have ridden 300-400 kms since service and nothing bad to report except the hard suspension and incessant minor rattles which SVC fixes during the service, but only temporarily. My 30 year old back isn't quite adjusted to the suspension as I was under the impression and I quite often end up riding either FZ16 or CBR to work simply because the spine needs time to recover from riding SR150 regularly although it's a hoot to ride on highways. All in all, this Italian beauty still remains a somewhat mixed bag of emotions for me.

In a nutshell, around 4-5 k of SVC bills (except the purchases of miscellaneous items like USB charger, perimeter kit, extended warranty) for a non-accidental SR150 ridden 4k kms in 9 months.

Certainly not cheap but not so bad as well IMHO for a premium scooter. Feel free to ask questions, if any. Next update on annual service.

Last edited by camitesh : 14th May 2018 at 16:42. Reason: errors in sentences
Old 5th September 2018, 21:36   #340
BHPian

Does anybody have any news about the updated version of sr150 coming out one of these days?
Have been hearing and seeing in many magazines that Aprilia is going to launch an updated version of the sr150 with led lights, digital meter, adjustable suspension and abs very soon. Have booked a Matt green sr150 but I am confused whether to buy it now or wait for the updated model since most of the new launches in our country happen during the festival season which is around Sep-Oct
Don't want to buy a new one and see them launch the updated version within a week or a month.that would be tragic
Old 5th September 2018, 23:02   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Does anybody have any news about the updated version of sr150 coming out one of these days?
The launch of SR125 does not bode well for the 150.
In the auto-expo held in Feb, it featured 150cc variants of bikes but nothing much to show for in terms of scooters.

The probability of a updated SR150 coming is very less.

It is better to buy a pre-owned SR150 and bide your time.
If it does launch, you can wait for initial gremlins to be fixed and then take the plunge. If not, then your SR150 should increase in value
highlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 11:51   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
The launch of SR125 does not bode well for the 150.
In the auto-expo held in Feb, it featured 150cc variants of bikes but nothing much to show for in terms of scooters.

The probability of a updated SR150 coming is very less.

It is better to buy a pre-owned SR150 and bide your time.
If it does launch, you can wait for initial gremlins to be fixed and then take the plunge. If not, then your SR150 should increase in value
And here I was thinking they might even launch an SR250 this year
Don't know why the super scooter segment is not taking off in our country and only thousand variants of 100 to 125 cc piddly engines are being launched and sold. But as per Piaggio and Aprilia guys the response to the 150 scooters has been very encouraging and they will keep launching more such models this year
Old 11th September 2018, 07:27   #343
BHPian

https://gaadiwaadi.com/2019-aprilia-...el-launch/amp/

Thank god I had better sense to wait for a month. Now I have a choice to take the new updated model or 10k discount if the new model is not updated enough
Also in the article they have mentioned that digital meter and a new color scheme are the only changes that have been made. I am sure they would have made a couple of more changes. Atleast led lights and adjustable suspension. Have to wait and watch till the updated models reach the showrooms
Old 18th September 2018, 14:51   #344
BHPian

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...1891/?is_amp=1

The 2019 sr 150 has been launched
In 3 editions - standard, Carbon and Race
Unable to see clear pictures of the new model and it's features. Can anybody please post the pictures
Old 19th September 2018, 17:12   #345
BHPian

https://indianautosblog.com/2018/09/...t-price-314527

https://indianautosblog.com/2018/09/...-carbon-314529

Few more details and pics in the above links.

Looks like it would come with the below features,

1. Mobile technology connectivity
2. Digital - Analogue instrument console (Speedo in analogue and rest are digital)
3. Under seat USB charger as standard (earlier it was an accessory)
4. New Tyre pattern (Tyre size remains the same)

Regards,
Vijay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks