Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 12:04   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

LEAKED: Aprilia SR 150 brochure image

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

A single brochure image of the Aprilia SR 150 has been leaked, showing some of its main features. The SR 150 is Aprilia's most affordable scooter offering, and is the first product from the Italian two-wheeler maker to be manufactured in India.

The leaked brochure image shows that the SR 150 will get a double-barrel headlight unit, while the turn indicators are integrated on the handlebars. The instrument cluster gets a twin-pod layout, and includes the speedometer, odometer, and fuel gauge. A hook is placed in the foot well area to secure your grocery bags. Another convenient feature on offer with the SR 150 is the provision of a USB connector in the under seat storage space.

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-brochure-square-size_04water.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 19th August 2016 at 12:05.
dZired is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 14:51   #92
BANNED

That's strange! The leaked brochure says 10.4 HP.
Old 19th August 2016, 15:02   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

I was browsing through the news channels last week and stumbled upon some car and bike show. In that episode, they test rode the SR150. Even they claimed a power of 10.4 HP and a top speed of 110 kmph. I don't remember the name of the show as I don't watch it regularly.
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:31   #94
BHPian

I test rode the SR 150 today afternoon..
Preliminary impressions

- Styling. It looks lovely in the white, black and red color.
- Handling is rather sharp. Bike is super keen to go wherever you point it. There, I've called it a bike But the vehicle I test rode certainly had extremely high tire pressure so it felt bumpy and it all got transferred to my hands. Rear suspension was comfortable and stable mid corners
- Those 14 inch wheels do make a difference.
- Good brakes. It takes time to get used to such sharp brakes
- Engine: Pickup and power is right up there. My wife was pillion with me and the bike shot off from stationary and a rapid rate. She was taken aback by the acceleration

Dislikes / lets say non delighters
- Build quality is kind of ordinary. Two years and 10000 kms will be proof of the pudding.
- They don't offer a side stand as stock. This is insulting the average buyers intelligence. Why not increase the price by say 350 rupees and give the damn thing as stock?
- Mirrors are rather small and flimsy.
- Seat: It is really meant for 1 person only. Two up riding is going to be a pain
- Storage space is poor under the seat. I highly doubt that a full face helmet will stay in there. A tiny half face is all that'll go in.

Is it worth 74k on road? Probably; if you don't want the everyday activas / dios / jupiter / access / etc.

I've already booked it. Hopefully it'll serve well as an everyday run about. The last time I got a scooter for myself was in the year 2000 - my first vehicle, the TVS Scooty which I gave to my gardner. There have been 4 bikes in between - RD350, RX 135, CBR 1000 (sold) and Triumph Bonneville. Hopefully this will behave like an aprilia should! cheers
nitrogary is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

I have booked mine via PayTM. Delivery date is being mentioned as 21st sep to 25th. Hope I can get one on 22nd which is my Bday though it is for my wife that I am buying for!
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:25   #96
Senior - BHPian

Aprilia SR 150 launched in India, priced at Rs. 65,000

The Aprilia SR 150 has been launched in India at a price of Rs. 65,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The SR 150 has thus become the most affordable Aprilia product on offer in the country.

The SR 150 is now available at Piaggio's Vespa dealerships across the country, as well as the MotoPlex multi-brand outlets in Pune, Chennai, Kochi and Hyderabad.

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-unnamed.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 23rd August 2016 at 11:54.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:40   #97
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
The SR 150 is now available at Piaggio's dealerships across the country, as well as the MotoPlex multi-brand outlets in Pune, Chennai, Kochi and Hyderabad.
While I understand it is available across all Aprilia dealerships and under the Motoplex brand, but selling an Aprilia SR150 through Piaggio dealerships across the country?

By Piaggio dealerships, do you mean selling the SR150 alongwith Ape and Porter 3-wheelers?

Or will it be sold through the existing Vespa dealerships across the country?

I am thinking of getting a SR150 as a replacement for the ageing Activa at Ranchi, my hometown. Ranchi has a Vespa dealership and I am still under the impression that the SR150 will be made available to the masses through the existing Vespa stores. Please correct me if I am wrong.
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:56   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
By Piaggio dealerships, do you mean selling the SR150 along with Ape and Porter 3-wheelers?

Or will it be sold through the existing Vespa dealerships across the country?
It will indeed be sold through Piaggio's Vespa dealership network.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

I took a test ride of SR150 and Vespa 150 back to back. The quality of SR150 is OK as compared to the metal body Vespa. The engine is eager to push ahead, but seemed loud. The storage space is small, and I doubt full face helmet can fit in there.

The space to keep your legs too is quite small. I feel that this is best for individuals/college goers/first time buyers. However for family scooters that need to carry things on the scooter, this is not going to make the cut. Also, from existing 110cc scooters, I didn't see any real push to upgrade to 150cc engine. Had this been an ultra comfy scooter like Kinetic Blaze, it would make sense to upgrade. But it seems more of an upgrade from Dio/scooty than say Activa/Access/Vego etc.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to a dealer in bangalore and the executive from the dealer was saying that the on road price would be 83000 rs! That is almost 20000 rs more than the ex-showroom price. When I asked for the test ride and quotation she mentioned that they have not received it yet but both will be available tomorrow! Did any of you guys check the on road price? Is it same as well?

Edit: Confirmed with one more dealer and he was saying the same on road price! Not sure if it is inclusive of all accessories. Even then the price is quite high!

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 23rd August 2016 at 12:47.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:42   #101
Senior - BHPian

Pune on road price is 74,000/- without any accessories. Bangalore's taxes are high, but I doubt whether it will go to 83k.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:55   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Just spoke to a dealer in bangalore and the executive from the dealer was saying that the on road price would be 83000 rs! That is almost 20000 rs more than the ex-showroom price. When I asked for the test ride and quotation she mentioned that they have not received it yet but both will be available tomorrow! Did any of you guys check the on road price? Is it same as well?
How can it be that high? I think she would have added all the accessories into it and then quoted the price. In Mumbai the On road is close to 75K (Including RTO and Insurance). In Pune it's close to 73K. Since we are from the biggest IT city in the world , you can expect the price to be close to 77K. 6K extra would be for accessories.
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:17   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

Edit: Confirmed with one more dealer and he was saying the same on road price! Not sure if it is inclusive of all accessories. Even then the price is quite high!
It will be with Helmet and all round guard.
If you see in the dealer website, this is how the price is quoted.
Other wise I estimate it to be in the range of 77K to 78K.

I took the calculation of the on-road cost(without any accessories) that I had made during my Vespa S125 purchase
Accordingly I calculated for the SR150 and it comes to 77K to 78K
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-capture.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:22   #104
BHPian

Info from the Bangalore showroom that I called. Estimated only.
On road: 83-84K
Expected Ex-showroom in Bangalore 68000

So now if we have Road tax at 12%. That is 76K.
Max 2K for a comprehensive insurance. That is 78K.
So not sure what is this with the stimate given by the dealer.
On the accessories they have no clarity yet.
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:29   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It will be with Helmet and all round guard.
If you see in the dealer website, this is how the price is quoted.
Other wise I estimate it to be in the range of 77K to 78K.
Thanks for this. I didnt check the site. Is the insurance mandatory to be taken from them? And I thought handling charges are supposed to be rid of. Do we still have to pay them? Accessories that I am looking at are side stand (this is not provided as stock ) , all round guard and foot mats. Hope they give the mirrors as stock!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks