Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2016, 16:53   #46
BHPian

So I called up Motoplex Hyderabad to enquire about the SR 150 and they said that they are expecting the scooters to be in their showroom by the 3rd week of August. The ex showroom cost is ₹.67,000 for the sole fully loaded variant and they're taking bookings for ₹. 5000.
Old 1st August 2016, 08:59   #47
BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

I made my booking yesterday at Orange Motors Chennai. Asked them if they could send a representative to collect the advance and within 15 minutes I had someone at my home.

Hope the same service levels continue after I buy the Scoobi. I have heard this scooter rides like a bike and hence decided to name it Scoobi. It definitely looks awesome with those 14" wheels. I was keen on buying a motorcycle but gave it a good thought and decided to buy this as its more practical and can be used by my dad or anyone else at home.

Its surprising that First Drive reports are not yet out and eagerly look forward to the same.
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 16:11   #48
BHPian

The specs are out! Source: Twitter

Output is similar to Vespa 150. According to sources gearing will be significantly different! Also the weight figure is missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-apriliasr150specs.jpg  

surjaonwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 16:42   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
The specs are out! Source: Twitter

Output is similar to Vespa 150. According to sources gearing will be significantly different! Also the weight figure is missing.
What is that "Electronic: 6 Ltrs"? Must be fuel tank capacity with an electronic fuel level display
Fuel tank of Vespa is 8 Litres, so its smaller on that count
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 18:27   #50
BHPian

Source: Twitter @odmag

Switchgear quality is good as are the ergonomics. SR150 offers parking lamp and a pass light fucnction.

Rear footpegs on the Aprilia SR150 neatly fold into the bodywork.

SR150 underseat storage space is decent but will not fit a premium fill face helmet. Fuel filler cap also under seat.

Telescopic suspension and sticky 14-inch rubber by Thai brand Vee Rubber offers planted, involving handling.
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-apriliasr150switch.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-apriliasr150pegs.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-apriliasr150storage.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-apriliasr150front.jpg  

surjaonwheelz is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 20:43   #51
BHPian

A bit disappointing as its the same output of Vespa 150, hopefully the reduction in weight provides additional power. Also happy to know that they have black colored rear view mirrors, for some of the pictures had the Vespa mirrors which were totally out of place.
Old 2nd August 2016, 20:49   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Source: Twitter @odmag

Switchgear quality is good as are the ergonomics. SR150 offers parking lamp and a pass light fucnction.

SR150 underseat storage space is decent but will not fit a premium fill face helmet. Fuel filler cap also under seat.

Telescopic suspension and sticky 14-inch rubber by Thai brand Vee Rubber offers planted, involving handling.
Is the leg space smaller than other scooters? Today I saw one in the showroom (not the India version) felt that it is little cramped.

Also do you have some more pictures? Handle bar & the right side switchgear?

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-1.jpg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-2.jpg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-3.jpg

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Additionally, please upload images as attachments only.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2016 at 07:00. Reason: Merging back to back posts
NSK123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 23:22   #53
BANNED

Have booked my Aprilia yesterday, dealer promised delivery first lot. Have been using Yamaha RayZ for couple o months now, but just cant wait for the new machine!!
vittalnrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 07:48   #54
BHPian

I've been eagerly following the launch to decide my next ride

Based on what I've read, things I like

- 14 inch wheels should give enhanced stability
- Engine seems to be nicely balanced, while they could've increased the power output, it wouldn't be much useful in our cities. This may be a good compromise between the power and mileage

A few concerns that I have
- Doesn't seem like a very large scooter or is it just the proportion in the photos due to the larger wheels? If it is targeted at the male audience, then I would've liked a slightly larger one rather than cramped quarters
- Under seat storage seems to be smaller
- Fuel tank of 6l capacity is small considering that a 150 cc engine should struggle to give more than 40 kmpl. More trips to the bunk then

It looks like a whole lot of press people got their hands on it, so we should start seeing the first impressions coming in the next couple of days
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:25   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Now, after I've seen many photos of the Aprilia SR150, I still have one thing which is not clear.
Above the starter button, I see place for a switch which is blank and covered by a plastic piece.
Generally it houses the headlamp on-off switch. if it is not there, how are the headlamps switched on and off?

Quote:
...Switchgear quality is good as are the ergonomics. SR150 offers parking lamp and a pass light fucnction.
By parking lamp do you, by any chance, mean hazard lamp?
On that note, why do two wheeler vehicles not get hazard lamp? is it just because they are not wide enough?

Quote:
..SR150 offers parking lamp and a pass light fucnction...
The pass lamp function on scooters is really catching up. Although it is nice to see, it also irritates me many times.
Earlier, it was only cars in my ORVM flashing headlamps for no reason.
Then Motorbikes also have started and scooters will also add to this. Most of the times I see that its kind of a 'show off' thing!

Quote:
I personally prefer it outside the body work.
When it goes into the body, I have seen that 1. it becomes tough sometimes to open it with the foot sitting on the pillion seat, 2. even if we can open it with the foot, it leads to scratches around this area on the body and 3. we are forced to open it with our hands which is not very 'clean'

Quote:
...Fuel filler cap also under seat.
Aesthetically its good to have the filler cap under the seat but practically, its better outside IMO

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 3rd August 2016 at 09:27.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Now, after I've seen many photos of the Aprilia SR150, I still have one thing which is not clear.
Above the starter button, I see place for a switch which is blank and covered by a plastic piece.
Generally it houses the headlamp on-off switch. if it is not there, how are the headlamps switched on and off?
They must have removed the switch to prepare the bike for the headlamps always on legislation that is expected to come into force soon (April 2017 i think).
batterylow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:58   #57
BHPian

Since this scooter has 14 inch wheels which no other scooter presently in the market has, would it be difficult to find replacement tyre of this size and profile?
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:07   #58
BANNED

Here's the first review from AutoCAR India

Eagerly waiting for a review from Team-bhp. Was team-bhp invited for the review?

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2016 at 12:00. Reason: Grammar
NSK123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:14   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Since this scooter has 14 inch wheels which no other scooter presently in the market has, would it be difficult to find replacement tyre of this size and profile?
No, availability shouldn't be a big issue at all.
Only thing is that 14" scooter tyres will be much more expensive than smaller ones.
With each inch rise in the tyre size, prices rise exponentially.
The person buying it should be aware of this that's all.

Had it been a Vespa, you could say that a guy who has spent 1lakh on the scooter will be ok to spend more on the tyres.
But this is a 65000 rupees scooter which is about the average scooter cost
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:15   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
They must have removed the switch to prepare the bike for the headlamps always on legislation that is expected to come into force soon (April 2017 i think).
That's a good thing and probably they can even advertise it as a feature.
But it is also good for them because it saves some cost

By the way, Aprilia review form other sites are also out:

Zigwheels

Overdrive

While the Autocar review says that the SR150 is 3-4 kilos lighter than the Vespa, Overdrive says that it is heavier than the Vespa by 2 Kgs!
Wish TBHP also reviewed 2 Weelers!

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 3rd August 2016 at 13:16.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks