Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 10:50   #271
BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Now then, the tank has a long neck below the cap and the breather pipe is located closer to the cap. Normally, I get it filled till the bottom of the neck. The back-splash disengages the fuel filler as long as the filler pipe is dunked into the fuel pipe. The tank will not overflow if you only fill the tank, and not the neck.
You're right. I tanked up yesterday and told the chap there to insert the fuel dispenser fully into the tank, and the auto cutoff triggered properly. Also, make it a point to tell them to fill the fuel as slowly as possible.

Hope this helps everyone with the SR150's fueling woes.
Old 18th January 2017, 11:14   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Bangalore Dealers.

Question to owners in Bangalore - is there any feedback who is a better dealer - from service point of view ?

As far as I know the following are the dealers
  1. Square Auto, 119 Farah Icon, Lalbagh Road, Benguluru
  2. Sunil Mehta Marketing, Dr. Rajkumar Road,# 40/1 (1015),# 40/1 (1015),1st Main 4th Block , Rajajinagar
  3. Falcon Mobikes, No.187 ,100ft Ring Road,Hosakerehalli Cross,Banashankari 3rd Stage
  4. Navin Associates, No 4/4 ,Chikkalakshmaiah Layout,Opp Christ University,Hosur Main Road
Any suggestion/opinion shall be highly appreciated

Had visited one of them and was not really impressed by their "customer attitude" itself

Best Regards & Ride/Drive Safe

Ram
For me the dealer is Naveen Associates and was the default choice for the first service. Trust me, never go there for service. The amount they showed for the first free service was above 1k and included "gear oil precautionary change", "labor charges for full vehicle electrical checkup" and other ludicrous bits and pieces.
After getting an earful, the manager came down and requested to give some money as the bill was already made, which i was adamant not to pay. They then began showing me other bills where the customers willingly paid. I somehow got them to reduce by about 500, still had to shell out some extra than what was required. In a phrase, the service supervising personnel were like a pack of rabid dogs. The guys who actually did the service were good.

The behavior of the staff apart from the manager was that of roadside scoundrels and thieves. Be very wary and cautious if going here. Not recommended at all. Second service is due and i am going to Square Auto. Will update.
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 18:02   #273
BHPian

Anyone managed to fit it an additional Foot rest for the Pillion ? I'm 6'2" and ergonomically - the existing foot pegs seem to in be a mid point between Rider and Pillion.

Any suggestions / photos of custom foot rests done on a Aprilia SR150?
Old 19th January 2017, 00:10   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
The behavior of the staff apart from the manager was that of roadside scoundrels and thieves. Be very wary and cautious if going here. Not recommended at all. Second service is due and i am going to Square Auto. Will update.
Hope Vespa/Aprilia is bothered about these sort of issues, otherwise its going to be the case of another good product done in by poor after mrket service.

TB I will await for your report on Square Auto's "service orientation" before I take the plunge.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 19th January 2017, 07:03   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Since the last few days when the ignition is turned on to the right most position, the tail light glows even though the light switch is off. Pressing the brake lever has no effect on the light intensity, it just stays on. Feeling apprehensive during braking because of this. Due the Pongal holidays the service center is closed. Have to visit in coming weekend.

Also the pilot lamp has conked off last month. All this in under 3 months of ownership. That's too many electrical complaints. My 6 years old Wego has had a single electrical replacement so far apart from the battery last month.
My experience at M.S.Motors, Chennai has been positive so far. For the quoted issue I went to their service center yesterday at around 6.30pm. Service center chaps were about to leave. Still they attended to the problem and rectified it. Turned out to be a jammed brake light switch. Some lubricant spray and I was on my way. It was done free of cost.
Old 20th January 2017, 00:53   #276
BHPian

For some odd reason Aprillia refunded the PayTM booking today. Effectively, I got a 4.3K discount on the actual cost.
Old 28th January 2017, 19:46   #277
Senior - BHPian

Any news on when the next Aprilia launch is ? There was supposed to be one in January. Is it more likely to be the SR 125 or a premium version of the 150 with ABS,etc ?
Old 28th January 2017, 20:38   #278
BHPian

I will be taking my SR150 for its first service next week.

The manual says an oil change is to be done, but has no mention of an oil filter replacement. Instead, an 'oil strainer' is to be cleaned.

Does this mean the SR150 doesn't have an oil filter?
Old 30th January 2017, 18:02   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hi Everyone,
I booked my SR150 at JMB Motors, Chennai, more than a month back. Last Monday it was delivered. I paid 77,950 but the invoiced amount was only 68,479. Is this a normal practice?
could you share the breakup of the on road price?
Old 31st January 2017, 20:12   #280
BHPian

Finally test drove the scooter which I had booked before the launch date, I had high hopes on this bike, unfortunately it did not meet my expectations.

First on the positives

a) Good looking and stylish
b) Comfortable driving position
c) Linear acceleration

Negatives

a) Plastics look cheap and don't look like its build to last
b) Suspension was super hard, as someone mentioned, its bone jarring and unless you have super strong back, I wouldn't recommend this ride for anyone.
c) Vibrations are visible at slow speeds
d) Exhaust note - my wife who has no interest in cars or bikes commented why is sounding like an auto
e) Prices have been increased and on road cost is 81000 in Chennai

I test drove the new Suzuki Access 125 and it had a much better ride and acceleration.

If only Aprilia had provided adjustable suspension setting, I would have lapped it up for I could live with the exhaust note and cheap plastic.
Old 5th February 2017, 20:37   #281
BHPian

Yesterday took my scooter for the 2nd service which is a paid one. Case of if it ain't broken, break it. The front disc was superb with fantastic bite before. Now after the service its lost and become spongy. Immediately informed the chaps, but since it was too late in the evening nothing could be done.
What could be the reason?
Now have to ride with this for one full week and get it redone coming Saturday.
Bill came to Rs. 405/-.
Old 5th February 2017, 22:26   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday took my scooter for the 2nd service which is a paid one. Case of if it ain't broken, break it. The front disc was superb with fantastic bite before. Now after the service its lost and become spongy. -.
The disc brakes losing bite and feel for the first several kms immediately after coming out of service is something all motorcycle owners have to live with😆 its the service guys whose enthusiasm is best seen in washing and polishing the vehicle, I suspect they end up spraying oil on the discs too.

It should be back to normal the day after, if not ask the svc to bleed the brakes.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 22:59   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post

I suspect they end up spraying oil on the discs too.

It should be back to normal the day after, if not ask the svc to bleed the brakes.
This is the same thing that they told me when I went back to them about this problem. Hope you are right and things get back to normal. Will keep updated.
Thanks.
Old 6th February 2017, 08:49   #284
BHPian

Quote:
The front disc was superb with fantastic bite before. Now after the service its lost and become spongy. Immediately informed the chaps, but since it was too late in the evening nothing could be done.
What could be the reason?
I felt the same thing after the first service of my SR150. The brake went back to its usual sharp bite after a few days of riding.

On the bright side, they did something to improve the bite of the rear drum, which was useless before.
Old 6th February 2017, 09:46   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post

I felt the same thing after the first service of my SR150. The brake went back to its usual sharp bite after a few days of riding.

On the bright side, they did something to improve the bite of the rear drum, which was useless before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post

I suspect they end up spraying oil on the discs too.

Both of you are spot on.
In fact this morning brakes have got back the earlier sharp bite.
Have a nice day.
Thanks.

Most Viewed