Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2017, 10:37   #316
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend did a saddle sore on the SR150. He had a high respect for what the motoscoot delivered during his ride. He covered 1650 KMS in 23 hours and 50 minutes.

This is his ninth saddle sore. The previous were achieved on Duke390 and Avenger.
Attached Thumbnails
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-1502600723643.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-1502600756013.jpg  

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-1502600773561.jpg  

unk9ja is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 19:12   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Well, I sure do hope Aprilia/Piaggio engineers clear up their agenda while finalizing SR125 to sort out the numerous evident complaints that the owners have raised for the SR150 so far. I'm sure its not much of a task for such a big brand to tackle these minor concerns if they acknowledge them in the first place.

Happy buying
Great advice, thank you for taking the time to put down the last couple of posts. Honestly speaking, I would prefer the SR 150 over the SR 125, IF the issues are sorted out in new batches of the SR 150. From research on xBHP it seems that the stiff ride is rattling the bike to bits in some cases amongst other issues with the CVT, seized engines etc. I would like to keep the bike long term and would prefer it if it didnt require a lot of maintenence like a Royal Enfield.
Im just assuming and hoping that there would be improvements in the SR125 which Aprilia would address due to the complaints with the 150 and also in order to make it a bit more commuter friendly and also hoping for a launch soon. They could probably keep the extra stiff ride for the RAce variants and give the normal version something a bit more supple.

I have to be honest, the Aprilia is the only scooter I want. Im a total car guy but, somehow the SR 150 stirred some emotions in me and made me seriously consider getting a two wheeler
Old 13th August 2017, 22:01   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
From research on xBHP it seems that the stiff ride is rattling the bike to bits in some cases amongst other issues with the CVT, seized engines etc. I would like to keep the bike long term and would prefer it if it didnt require a lot of maintenence like a Royal Enfield.
Im just assuming and hoping that there would be improvements in the SR125 which Aprilia would address due to the complaints with the 150 and also in order to make it a bit more commuter friendly and also hoping for a launch soon. They could probably keep the extra stiff ride for the RAce variants and give the normal version something a bit more supple.
I for one, hope they don't do that. Yes, I know the hard ride is really annoying, but that stiff setup is one of the reasons why the SR150 feels so special.
If they go mass market with it, the appeal of the SR150 is lost, at least for me. The Race variant is too flashy for my taste, I would anyday prefer the regular model. This is just my opinion.
Speed.Demon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 23:54   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
I for one, hope they don't do that. Yes, I know the hard ride is really annoying, but that stiff setup is one of the reasons why the SR150 feels so special.
If they go mass market with it, the appeal of the SR150 is lost, at least for me. The Race variant is too flashy for my taste, I would anyday prefer the regular model. This is just my opinion.
Im not saying that they should make it extremely soft but maybe just a little more pliant so that it saves the rims, chassis etc from our Indian roads which seem to be taking a toll on some bikes that have been around for close to a year.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 16:31   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
One of my friend did a saddle sore on the SR150. He had a high respect for what the motoscoot delivered during his ride. He covered 1650 KMS in 23 hours and 50 minutes.
Mind boggling. Hats off to your friend. Any more details on the actual ride would be appreciated. Would love to know how the engine performance (heat, acceleration etc) during the ride. Also, how he managed the fueling (extra cans maybe) considering the average tank capacity and low mileage during the speed runs. Any mods on the motoscooter, especially the headlights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Great advice, thank you for taking the time to put down the last couple of posts. Honestly speaking, I would prefer the SR 150 over the SR 125, IF the issues are sorted out in new batches of the SR 150. I have to be honest, the Aprilia is the only scooter I want. Im a total car guy but, somehow the SR 150 stirred some emotions in me and made me seriously consider getting a two wheeler
You're welcome buddy. For your sake and for the sake of thousands of other potential buyers, I sure hope Aprilia sorts out some pretty evident niggles in the upcoming batches. I have done just under 300 kms but I can tell I'm getting over the the initial resistance from stiff suspension and vibrations due to the fact that this baby is an absolute treat to ride on decently good roads. The engine performance is absolutely splendid after the initial pickup (Read no vibrations, linear but strong pull post 30-40 kmph speedo indicated etc). I love the sharp looks, excellent handling, above average braking and the engine performance of course. But it's not easy for me to recommend my friends/relatives to go for SR, since I believe most people will not be able to live with it in the short run and regret the purchase later.

Also, don't just go by the online reviews, do try it out yourself with half a dozen more test rides if you have to in the coming months until you are convinced to buy it or leave it out. I know there's a lot of negative feedback for this machine in general, more than what is expected from a premium Italian manufacturer which is not easy to overlook. But then there are also the positive cases such as people doing interstate rides in extreme conditions, first saddlesore on SR150 etc. So take your time and make a wise decision, afterall its not everyday you buy your first bike. Cheers

Quote:
+1 to that, I'll be happy to live with the stiff suspension provided it does not translate into other problems such as broken rims etc as reported in few isolated cases

Last edited by camitesh : 14th August 2017 at 16:33.
Old 18th August 2017, 09:55   #321
Senior - BHPian

Aprilia has heard about the complaints by the Indian consumers I think. From this article on NDTV Auto , Aprilia is reported to come up with an updated version of its scooter with an adjustable suspension. The updated version will come with adjustable front forks which will allow the customers to adjust the suspension of the scooter to their liking and make the riding experience more comfortable. This is again rumored to be standard on the race variant but an optional on the regular variant.

People thinking to buy this scooter but worried about the suspension may beat wait for few more days to get clarity and then take the plunge.
Old 19th August 2017, 20:33   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Aprilia has heard about the complaints by the Indian consumers I think. From this article on NDTV Auto , Aprilia is reported to come up with an updated version of its scooter with an adjustable suspension. The updated version will come with adjustable front forks which will allow the customers to adjust the suspension of the scooter to their liking and make the riding experience more comfortable. This is again rumored to be standard on the race variant but an optional on the regular variant.

People thinking to buy this scooter but worried about the suspension may beat wait for few more days to get clarity and then take the plunge.
Interesting, though there was a similar report earlier in the year about the same thing as well, along with locally manufactured MRF tyres from I think NDTV itself but so far nothing has materialized almost 6 months down the line. I think they are going about it backwards. The Race edition should come with the stiff setup and the Normal edition should be the one that comes with the adjustable suspension. Wouldnt that be the more logical choice ?
Old 20th August 2017, 16:15   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Mind boggling. Hats off to your friend. Any more details on the actual ride would be appreciated. Would love to know how the engine performance (heat, acceleration etc) during the ride. Also, how he managed the fueling (extra cans maybe) considering the average tank capacity and low mileage during the speed runs. Any mods on the motoscooter, especially the headlights?
Here it is from the Guy himself. Sorry for posting this late as I was traveling last week.

Due to experiences of small tank that Duke carries and lack of petrol bunks in some highways, especially in the night, I have a couple of shell petrol cans of 5 litres each that will always accompany in such endurance rides. The same was my strategy this time. I had a 5 litres can in the viaterra placed on the footboard tied to the hook. Since I had kept the throttle locked at maximum, economy was around 24-25 per litre and for every 150 kmph, I used to top up the tank. This also gave me a break of 10 minutes to refresh, every time. In addition to that, my tank range became 250+. Further, this route was familiar to me as a result I knew where I had to stop for fuel.

With respect to light, this is one of the puniest light I have seen. This comes with dual headlight, but only one gets switched on, at a time. One light for low beam and one for high beam. I was running out of stock throughout. However, an old jugad from earlier Maruti days came for help. There is a point in the switch, where if you balance it, it turns on, both high beam and low beam. This light was far better than the earlier one.

On the lost note, suspension of SR150 was very stiff, so much so that Duke's suspension feels heaven before this. You will feel all the bumps and potholes right at the handle bar, as though you are hit by a jaggernaut. This was one of the reason I had to take Vellore-Chennai highway instead of planned Hassan-Mangalore highway, where the roads were getting laid and were dug up at many places. This road also gave me 6 lanes on most part.

Hope that answers your questions. PM me if you have more and I shall see that you get all the answers. Cheers
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:22   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Here it is from the Guy himself. Sorry for posting this late as I was traveling last week.

Hope that answers your questions. PM me if you have more and I shall see that you get all the answers. Cheers
Thank you to your friend for the detailed replies. approx 25 kmpl sounds good with the throttle pinned to maximum. Didn't expect much on the headlight part, even with both the lights. I seriously applaud your friend to ride at close to three digit speeds at nights because the stock headlights indeed are nothing to talk about. As for the suspension, I hope Aprilia does sort it out in the upcoming batches as reported by some publications.

Please do seek his comments on Engine performance i.e. overheating, drop in performance or any other unusual response from the engine per se.
Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:22   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is his ninth saddle sore. The previous were achieved on Duke390 and Avenger.
I spotted this person before Chitradurga on 12th August. Following are couple of pics from my dashcam. I guess I took some on my camera too. Will check in the evening

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-360_0127.jpg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-360_0126.jpg

The scooter was cruising effortlessly I felt.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 19:33   #326
BHPian

Has anyone tried installing the Race's variator on the 150?
Old 12th October 2017, 18:54   #327
BHPian

Hi All,

I bought a SR150 in the first batch and it's almost one year since I took delivery. I have done 7100 kms. Absolutely love the torque and pick up. The engine has run in properly since 5000kms done. It's now smooth and pick up is much better. The suspension still kills your back. It doesn't soften on usage. Lights are pathetic to say the least. Ask the service centre guys to lower the beam throw of the headlights, it does make it a bit better.

Practical usage issues:
Space for the foot is so cramped that my knee hit the starter or the horn button everytime I get down from the bike after locking it. Space for the pillion is best suited for college guys or kids. Kicker broke off while frantically kicking during an early morning start. The carb needs adjustment and the spark plug has to be checked to get rid of morning start issues. Now I do not even use the kicker , one crank and it starts.

The bike is strictly not for family usage, don't look further. BTW , it's also very tall than normal scooters and also motorbikes.

I have done highway runs for 350kms, it does cross the ton and stays there without much effort. Mile munching is possible. People might cringe hearing this but my access 125 (2017 model) is quick off the start till 50kmph than the SR 150. Tried this many times and much refined than the Aprilia. People looking to get a scooter for family usage, it's the Jupiter hands down. It feels heavenly suspension wise, ergonomics wise , mileage wise, brakes , light throw and spread, upto 60kmph it's very good and slowly reaches 85kmph.

Do not push oil changes , I change it every time once in 3000 kms, I have had no issues with the engine so far.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Last edited by revv_maniac : 12th October 2017 at 18:59.
revv_maniac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 21:38   #328
Senior - BHPian

New green color variant of aprilia 150 spotted at a dealership. Quoting from the article from IAB,

Quote:
Bikewale reports that the Green variant of the performance scooter has been introduced into the market at the same price as the already existing Glossy White and Matte Black colour variants. The Aprilia SR 150 costs INR 68,160, ex-showroom Mumbai.
Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-apriliasr150greenspottedatdealership.jpg
Old 3rd January 2018, 19:24   #329
BHPian

Spotted the green SR150 at the showroom when I had dropped in for a service. I don't really like the outcome, the dark green and red combo is a bit weird I think. Here are a couple of snaps:

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-20171229_115829.jpg

Aprilia SR 150 unveiled at the Auto Expo. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 65,000-20171229_115837.jpg
Old 3rd January 2018, 20:33   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't really like the outcome, the dark green and red combo is a bit weird I think. Here are a couple of snaps:
Agree with you.

I think if the red stickering can be removed it will look quiet nice. All black seat wouldve been nicer as well.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks