Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 15:13   #16

Re: Honda Motorcycles @ Auto Expo 2016

Honda has come up with a super city vehicle in Navi. Have already booked one. Looking forward to the delivery, expected to be around march end or april beginning.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th February 2016 at 09:20. Reason: Typo + please avoid typing with excessive dots... like... this... Thanks!
Old 5th February 2016, 16:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I am surprised at the old CB Unicorn 150 being showcased and the Unicorn 160 is conspicuous by its absence. Is Honda bringing back the Unicorn 150 ?.
The Unicorn 150 isn't just a showcase. Due to popular demand, Honda has in fact brought it back and it will be sold along with the CB Unicorn 160 and CB Hornet 160R.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 19:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
Does the Hornet 160r on display has a new switch-gear?
There were some reports and speculations that honda would update the Hornet with a new premium switchgear and an engine-kill switch.
Has anyone checked it out?
That is one thing I find odd with Honda bikes, why is it so difficult to provide an engine kill switch, when almost all other manufacturers do. And some of the choke implementations are downright strange, like the one on the Stunner (looks like an old Amby's choke).

Were you by any chance being sarcastic?
Old 6th February 2016, 01:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilp.rao View Post
Honda has come up with a super city vehicle in Navi. Have already booked one. Looking forward to the delivery, expected to be around march end or april beginning.
Well done. I'm also planning to book one just to add to my fleet. What was the booking amount? What color did you go for ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th February 2016 at 09:21. Reason: Quoted post edited.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey wait a minute, one look at the Navi and doesn't some one get reminded of the Rajdoot Bobby albeit in a much more updated and modern avataar (see pic below, image courtesy internet) or maybe

It would be interesting to see how it sell in the real auto market when launched as it would be an unique vehicle for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Motorcycles @ Auto Expo 2016-bobby.jpg  

girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 12:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Another model that Honda plans to launch in India is the African Twin motorcycle.
Whoa! Let me gain my composure as I am bit shaken. The ADV Tourer market in India is heating up and how. This has always been one of my favorite ADV Tourers in the market since the earlier days when it was launched with a 750cc and later a 650cc twin motor. It was known as the "Queen of Africa" as it won the legendary Paris Dakar Rally 4 times in a row during the 80's.

I am waiting for this one with bated breath.
Old 9th February 2016, 12:07   #22
BANNED

Was looking towards PCX 150 launch. Will happen or not?
Old 9th February 2016, 21:47   #23
BHPian

Honda traditionally have 'step thru' chassis for 100cc bikes in Vietnam & other Eastern countries. It wasn't a success here when they introduced as Hero Honda 'Street'. But seems Honda is very interested in it.

Now in NAVI they used step-thru, but placed the tank between seat & front bar, to avoid 'step-thru' dislike in India. They even used scooter wheels to make it look different.

To me it looks like a step-thru bike with a tank placed on top of it.
Old 10th February 2016, 16:45   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Well done. I'm also planning to book one just to add to my fleet. What was the booking amount? What color did you go for ?
I have booked red color. Booking was done through Honda Navi app. Booking amount is Rs.1000. The dealer called me as soon as the booking was done and informed that the delivery can be expected around March end or early April. Looking forward to this new toy...
Old 12th February 2016, 10:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilp.rao View Post
I have booked red color. Booking was done through Honda Navi app. Booking amount is Rs.1000. The dealer called me as soon as the booking was done and informed that the delivery can be expected around March end or early April. Looking forward to this new toy...
Congrats on your booking. I'm sure you must be eager to get your hands on the Navi.

By the way did you hear anything about On-road pricing and prices for accessories from the dealer? Also when is the dealer expecting to have it in display and for TD?
Old 12th February 2016, 14:39   #26

Cant wait to get my hands on it...The pricing in Bangalore is not yet announced and I am promised that the information will be shared as soon as it is communicated to the dealers. Even TD dates are not clear. Some clarity should be available around 3rd week of March.
Old 12th February 2016, 19:54   #27
BHPian

A glimpse of Honda at the Auto Expo 2016 :

Honda Motorcycles @ Auto Expo 2016-_mg_1463.jpg

Honda Motorcycles @ Auto Expo 2016-_mg_1462.jpg
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed