Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 15:42   #16

Re: UM Motorcycles @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I finally took the plunge and booked the renegade sport orange online.
Looking forward to get back to biking once again
Hey, Congratulations. I also have been contemplating the same. I would however would like to wait for reviews and then take the plunge. When is the delivery expected?
Old 15th February 2016, 16:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilp.rao View Post
Hey, Congratulations. I also have been contemplating the same. I would however would like to wait for reviews and then take the plunge. When is the delivery expected?
The delivery is expected in June this year.
Old 17th February 2016, 11:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the gang. That makes it a total of three on team bhp who have booked it. Heartiest congrats.
Which model and which colour did you book.
hi,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I booked deep green and commando model.I am not sure if deep green is allowed in India,still waiting for the delivery.
Old 18th February 2016, 19:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
hi,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I booked deep green and commando model.I am not sure if deep green is allowed in India,still waiting for the delivery.
The company confirmed that they will be supplying this colour and the very fact that they have taken your booking confirms it further.
nik hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 20:09   #20
BHPian

That is a good news indeed. My sincere hope is that the company is here for a long run and there won't be any problem with the spares later.
Old 24th February 2016, 21:48   #21
BHPian

The company has still not confirmed my booking id. Anybody who can show the way ahead?
Old 8th March 2016, 20:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
The company has still not confirmed my booking id. Anybody who can show the way ahead?
Finally the company decided to honour me and my booking with a booking id. Got it today via twitter.
Old 9th March 2016, 17:32   #23
BHPian

That's a good news. Now the waiting starts. I got a mail after booking ,that they will commence deliveries from 16th May and my bike shall be delivered to me by June 15th. Let's see.
Abhay.
Old 9th March 2016, 21:39   #24
BHPian

UM Motorcycles Dealerships

UM Motorcycles India has set up 25 dealerships across India, with 6 alone in Maharashtra.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
UM Motorcycles @ Auto Expo 2016-ummotorcyclesdealershipinindia.jpg  

The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 10:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
UM is an American company which has set up a manufacturing unit in partnership with Indian partner lohia. The arrangement is something similar to the one between BMW-TVS.
Nothing American about this company , do a little digging . Chinese food with an American flag may be a hint , there's nothing that marketing cannot hide
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 08:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
Nothing American about this company , do a little digging . Chinese food with an American flag may be a hint , there's nothing that marketing cannot hide
Where did you get this information from? FWIW I think the motorcycles look pretty decent and the company seems to have a healthy variety of sport bikes, scooters, cruisers and commuter bikes. At least they have the first mover advantage in India. Will have to wait and see.
Old 15th March 2016, 11:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Where did you get this information from? FWIW I think the motorcycles look pretty decent and the company seems to have a healthy variety of sport bikes, scooters, cruisers and commuter bikes. At least they have the first mover advantage in India. Will have to wait and see.
They are a distributor based out of the US that buys products from China , they are not a automobile company in any sense. If it is purely the looks you are basing your decision on then I guess our tastes are poles apart too , their products are extremely tacky looking and will cater to a certain segment , no offence. You should research a bit on the net about what UM really is . Good luck !
Ps: and the arrangement is absolutely nothing like the BMW-TVS one , those are actual motor bike manufacturers with joint R&D , unlike these two jokers

Last edited by howler : 15th March 2016 at 11:36.
howler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 09:13   #28
BHPian

I had a cursory look at their company website. Yes, on closer inspection they expose their tacky side. I was under the impression that they were a historical manufacturer based in US (which I've never heard about ) as claimed in their official website. I couldn't find much information from any other site. From what you are saying this looks like a real bad deal then. Chinese junk at American prices .
Old 18th March 2016, 19:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
I had a cursory look at their company website. Yes, on closer inspection they expose their tacky side. I was under the impression that they were a historical manufacturer based in US (which I've never heard about ) as claimed in their official website. I couldn't find much information from any other site. From what you are saying this looks like a real bad deal then. Chinese junk at American prices .
Well today a large part of manufacturing for many global brands happen in China,
for example the iconic iphone is made in China
, does that make apple a Chinese company?

Secondly China manufactures all kind of goods depending on the amount a company is willing to pay including for quality control. In any case the bikes are to be manufactured in India by Lohias so how relevant is the Chinese connection?

No doubt that it is not a renowned global brand and being American does not mean assured good quality either.

We should wait for the products to be available for test rides and then take a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
They are a distributor based out of the US that buys products from China , they are not a automobile company in any sense. If it is purely the looks you are basing your decision on then I guess our tastes are poles apart too , their products are extremely tacky looking and will cater to a certain segment , no offence. You should research a bit on the net about what UM really is . Good luck !
Ps: and the arrangement is absolutely nothing like the BMW-TVS one , those are actual motor bike manufacturers with joint R&D , unlike these two jokers
nik hill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 10:33   #30

Hi nik_hill, did you get the delivery of your bike? There is no information on the internet on any progress on this front.

Most Viewed