Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 16:46   #61
BHPian

Re: KTM launches MY2016 Duke 200, Duke 390, RC200 & RC390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Congrats!

Does yours have the adjustable front brake and clutch levers? I checked with my SA here and he confirmed every single change listed on page 1 of this thread, except the front levers

So, are yours adjustable or fixed ones?
Thanks.
Re-posting the list of changes. There's no mention of adjustable levers in the original list. So I'm not sure which post you are referring to.
My Duke 200 does not have adjustable front brake and/or clutch levers.

Quote:

List of changes in the MY2016 range

All models are powered by the same liquid-cooled engines, but feature the following changes:

1. RC 390 gets slipper clutch
2. Duke / RC 200 gets 300mm front disc
3. Disc brake thickness increased on all models
4. Reworked radiator fans
5. Plastic flaps & NOK seal for front fork
6. Modified ECU dampers
7. Vapor recovery system for the fuel tank
8. Reworked front & rear alloy wheels
9. Forged levers on step holder
10. Revised mounting points
11. Reworked frame with M6 tapping
12. Adjustable handlebar levers
13. Different paint quality, although same shade
14. New pillion seat assembly
15. No on / off switch for headlamp
16. New MRF tyres for Duke / RC 200
17. RC models get revised rear view mirror
18. Better cushioned seats
Old 19th April 2016, 16:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Thanks.
Re-posting the list of changes. There's no mention of adjustable levers in the original list. So I'm not sure which post you are referring to.
My Duke 200 does not have adjustable front brake and/or clutch levers.
Do re-read the list - point 12
Old 19th April 2016, 16:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

Does KTM sell powerparts here in India, I was going through a pdf brochure and they seem to have a wide list of parts including light-weight sprockets, adjustable levers etc. They should seriously consider stocking these parts in India and selling them at a reasonable cost. I'm sure there would be many takers
Old 19th April 2016, 17:18   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Do re-read the list - point 12
Stupid me. Extremely sorry about the confusion
I thought point no. 12 is referring to adjustable handle position.
Old 20th April 2016, 02:56   #65
BHPian

Did not find any comments for "4. Reworked radiator fans" for 390 ( not RC)

1. How is the experience with this new design change for 390 ? What exactly has been modified. Is it just the blower direction

2. Do we still encounter severe heating issue in 390 ,especially in city traffic ?
Old 20th April 2016, 06:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Do we still encounter severe heating issue in 390 ,especially in city traffic ?

Severe heating is not an issue. But the inability to keep that heat below a specific temperature so the system does not shut down may be called as an issue. When the engine is continuously purring with no real movement in traffic its pretty common for any engine above a specific size to heat up.

Severe heating is a functionality by engineering and science.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 10:11   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Did not find any comments for "4. Reworked radiator fans" for 390 ( not RC)

1. How is the experience with this new design change for 390 ? What exactly has been modified. Is it just the blower direction

With the power packed small engine, heating is bound to be an issue, especially in stop and go traffic. The RC redirects a bit of heat away from your legs but D390 has no such option.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 10:22   #68
BHPian

yes, i understand that these engine release too much heat during city rides. If we check out the list of modification for MY2016 series dukes, 4th point suggest there is design change with the radiator fans.

Anyone has an idea what exactly the change is ? Is it a new fan or redirecting the heat o/p to some other direction
Old 20th April 2016, 17:03   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
yes, i understand that these engine release too much heat during city rides. If we check out the list of modification for MY2016 series dukes, 4th point suggest there is design change with the radiator fans.

Anyone has an idea what exactly the change is ? Is it a new fan or redirecting the heat o/p to some other direction
The newer radiator fan has a shroud which directs air to towards the silencer area. This way it overcomes the earlier issue of throwing up the air in all directions and directing it to a specific area and away from your legs.

Can someone confirm if the fan on the newer bikes are uni-directional or bi-directional? The earlier bikes had fan throw air towards the front till 5kmph was achieved and thereafter towards the rear thereby minimizing the discomfort to the rider.
Old 21st May 2016, 18:01   #70
BHPian

Does anyone know how the adjustable levers look? I went to the showroom today but they looked like the older levers
Old 5th June 2016, 00:13   #71
BHPian

After a long time of anticipation, waiting etc, got myself a May 2016 RC 390 a few days back
What it gets in addition to the early 2016 models is the updated mirrors. These mirrors provide much better coverage than the older ones. I feel it provides even better coverage than my RTR's mirrors once adjusted properly. Below are a few pictures of the bike with mirrors. Apologies for the poor quality since the pics were taken in a hurry with a poor mobile phone cam.

KTM launches MY2016 Duke 200, Duke 390, RC200 & RC390-0-copy.jpg

KTM launches MY2016 Duke 200, Duke 390, RC200 & RC390-1-copy.jpg

KTM launches MY2016 Duke 200, Duke 390, RC200 & RC390-2-copy.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Does anyone know how the adjustable levers look? I went to the showroom today but they looked like the older levers
The Indian models do not come with adjustable levers. The levers are still the same as the old ones.

Last edited by theredliner : 5th June 2016 at 00:19.
theredliner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 02:33   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
The Indian models do not come with adjustable levers. The levers are still the same as the old ones.
The adjustable levers would have been a welcome addition to the lineup. I was quite elated when i first read about their addition. Sad to know they have been omitted from the Indian models.

On a side note, have you tried asking KTM if they can fit the adjustable ones on demand or aftermarket is the way to go?
hakunabatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 10:10   #73
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Can someone confirm if the fan on the newer bikes are uni-directional or bi-directional? The earlier bikes had fan throw air towards the front till 5kmph was achieved and thereafter towards the rear thereby minimizing the discomfort to the rider.
The fan in MY16 Dukes are unidirectional. The throw was only to the front irrespective of the speeds. The fan cowl design is different with the new ones and older models which re routes the hot air downwards.
CGB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 10:56   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
After a long time of anticipation, waiting etc, got myself a May 2016 RC 390 a few days back
So there you're, after all that deliberation. Congratulations on your shiny new acquisition.

Between Red, can you please elaborate on your buying experience with the dealers ?
I distinctly remember giving you some recommendations. Just want re-affirm in case things have changed.
tabrez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 21:55   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
So there you're, after all that deliberation. Congratulations on your shiny new acquisition.

Between Red, can you please elaborate on your buying experience with the dealers ?
I distinctly remember giving you some recommendations. Just want re-affirm in case things have changed.
Thanks tabrez. You seem to have got me confused with 'Senior - BHPian' Red Liner

That said, I did go through your and others' recommendations about a month back.

Here are my experiences with the dealers,

1. KTM Indiranagar: I went there asking for a test ride of RC 390. The test ride bike was crashed by a customer apparently and it was unavailable. When I was about to leave, I was asked if I was willing to ride RC 200. I obliged and took it for a spin. The gentleman took my number and told me that he'd give me a call once the bike is back and said that he'd be getting it to my office for test ride. I did not get a call after that until about a month later, hours before I was about to book the bike.

I sometimes feel that I should have given them a second chance by calling them back myself as the overall experience there was nice other than them not calling me back for almost a month.

2. Mekhri Circle KTM: After I did not get a call back from Indiranagar for almost a week, decided to drop in to Mekhri on my way back from work. It was around 5 pm and there were no SAs in the showroom at that time. They also told me that the RC 390 test ride bike was crashed (duh) and that it'd be back by weekend.

I decided to visit them during the weekend since it is the nearest showroom to my place. That was the time I met an SA who was really soft spoken and helpful. RC 390 was still not available, but the SA offered me Duke 390. I test rode it. The SA called me after a few days saying that the RC was available. But when I went there, the SA was not available, but he had called his manager and had apprised him of the situation. The sales manager there is a bit of a stuck-up guy when it comes to test rides. He let me ride the bike only for a short duration, that too in a route decided by him. At that point I had decided that I wouldn't buy from that showroom.

The SA later called me after a few days and asked me as to when I'd be doing the booking. I told him that I'd better get a proper test ride or they can forget about the booking. The SA then brought the bike to a place of my asking near my home the same day and let me ride it for the duration I wanted. This SA was the only reason I bought the bike from that showroom. Other than the SA, the experience was mixed bag between average and below average. Delivery experience was like collecting the bike from service center.

3. KTM Langford: After the initial disappointing test ride experience at Mekhri, I went to Langford after struggling in peak hour traffic for over an hour. The interaction went decently well. I asked them if they could bring the bike near my office (around 9 km) whenever they're free (asked them only because the SAs from both the showrooms I had interacted before had told me that they take the bikes for test rides even 20+km away). He agreed, but later I got to know that it was only because they didn't want to say no directly to my face as I never got a call back from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
On a side note, have you tried asking KTM if they can fit the adjustable ones on demand or aftermarket is the way to go?
It'd definitely have been good to have the adjustable levers. I haven't asked KTM about sourcing it since the quality of levers built at Bajaj's factory is quite bad. Buying it aftermarket would be a much better choice IMO.

Last edited by theredliner : 6th June 2016 at 22:01.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks