Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 13:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Throttle Play in Motorcycles

Cable ties are standard in all Indo- Jap bikes, unless they are deliberately removed.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 22:00   #17
BHPian

The first thing that came to my mind was, these guys at the service center are following specs and not missing something as insignificant as throttle play!

Throttle play, clutch play brake lever position etc is completely individual preference.

These are minor things, like you said you don't complain, its all good.

If you want quicker throttle response you might want a quick throttle kit.

Happy riding
Old 15th February 2016, 22:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
The first thing that came to my mind was, these guys at the service center are following specs and not missing something as insignificant as throttle play!

If you want quicker throttle response you might want a quick throttle kit.
The service center guys do a pretty good job 9 out of 10 times. With regards to quick throttle kit, I've said earlier that I prefer everything in the stock setup to the greatest extent possible.

I've had a major service done couple of days before starting this thread and the cables were replaced. I took the bike for a 30 km ride but didn't notice any issues.

Now that I've a better understanding thanks to the replies received, I'll check for the issues associated with zero play and post an update tomorrow.
Old 17th February 2016, 14:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Cable ties are standard in all Indo- Jap bikes, unless they are deliberately removed.
I tried searching for cable ties but couldn't find any. Instead there are hooks welded into the frame and all cables are held together by these hooks.

Last edited by Bookkeeper : 17th February 2016 at 14:20. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 19th February 2016, 15:39   #20
BHPian

I feel that a little bit of throttle play helps, specially in dense traffic.
You can move around your wrist a bit and don't have to keep it still at a particular point.
I ride around the city of Bangalore in a Pulsar 220, and surely can't imagine riding that bike through bumper to bumper traffic without throttle play. Would be difficult to control and have to be very precise with the input when starting from a standstill.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks