Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2016, 10:35   #1
BHPian

Superb article on the resurrection of KTM

Now I'm not a big KTM fan but I had bit of an idea about its history. I knew that the brand used to be in dire financial condition. However the brand has now made a drastic recovery to the extent that they've managed to sell more bikes than the Bavarian giant BMW at least in Europe.

Like I've said, I'm not a big KTM fan.I used to think it was Bajaj's money that has brought them back into the game. However, I came across this article on Lanesplitter that proved me wrong. Ok maybe Bajaj did have a role to play but money alone is not enough to bring you back from the verge of extinction.

The article highlights the role of the design firm KISKA in the resurrection of KTM. KTM nerds might want to check it out.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/how...e-c-1758099293

Last edited by Bookkeeper : 16th February 2016 at 10:40. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Bookkeeper is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 13:21   #2
BHPian

Re: Superb article on the resurrection of KTM

A Great Read! But let us also not forget Bajaj. Without the cash infusion in 2008 and the manufacturing collaboration, KTM would not have been able to reach the record number of motorcycles sold.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 16:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Superb article on the resurrection of KTM

I am a big fan of kiska designs, been following them from long on facebook and their designs(not only automotives) are really different and out of the box sort, at the same time look beautiful. I think bajaj with the money and manufacturing gave KTM a edge in cost/profilts. Kiska design and KTM engineering has been also been on top of the game.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks