Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2016, 16:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Car features you'd love to see in bikes

Most superbikes now a days have some of those features!
Ducati offers keyless go, so does BMW on some models.
Honda VFR is automatic.
Most superbikes (899,1199,hayabusa etc) have a hydraulic clutch.
Most superbikes have MIDs with almost all features of a car MID and even have lap timers,modes etc.
Old 23rd February 2016, 16:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
There was a certain Orangutan in motoring circles, who had a wish for a specific feature on motorbikes. The feature is simple. It should prevent bike from falling off while in operation.

Jokes apart, i desire nothing in a bike apart from what they already have today.
My requirements are very simple. All i need are some good tires, a stonking engine, tachometer, speedometer, and the luxury of Electric start. Every else is a bonus.
Two wheels supposedly move the soul. So, i would like minimum to no electronics and fancy gadgets playing nanny between me and the machine.
Completely agree. As is it, thanks to so many electronics, they make sure there's no connection between you and the car. (Electric steering and fancy infotainment screens etc) Atleast keep the bike pure. All i need apart from the things you mentioned above is ABS on all bikes and Traction control on high capacity ones.
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:56   #33
r.K
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
Motorcyclist's want to experience the world around them.
This includes the wind blowing on them, the smells from the roadside and yes, even the heat and cold and rain (up to a certain point).
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
My requirements are very simple. All i need are some good tires, a stonking engine, tachometer, speedometer, and the luxury of Electric start. Every else is a bonus.
+1.
One wants to "feel like God" like the avenger ad says, when riding a motorcycle. The symphony of your engine, the feel of the wind hitting your face, the scenery running on your sides, empty roads, the smile which lights up your face when you experience these. That is what makes motorcycling an experience. I do agree ABS these days is a requirement, at least for higher bhp motorcycles, and an electric start. And maybe some extra comfy seat cushions.

If I do want something MORE, I would like adaptive headlights (for partially/fully faired bikes), auto turn-off indicators (already available in Harley), and maybe Bosch's Motorcycle Stability Control (Source: Bosch Mobility Solutions). This is a boon if you need to break when you are already into a corner:

P.S: MSC is not a feature which is borrowed from a car.

This post does not endorse Bosch's MSC feature. Neither am I promoting the same. Mods, kindly edit/remove if required.
Old 24th February 2016, 23:08   #34
BHPian

And if the C1 does not suffice or is hard to lay your hands on, then may be this will do.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/02/can...-f3-turbo.html

Last edited by AJITHAAA : 24th February 2016 at 23:11.
Old 24th February 2016, 23:15   #35
BHPian

BMW did try it's hand on a covered two wheeler with the C1, but I don't think there are many people who would want to be seen on a covered two wheeler (just my thoughts as a biker, may be I am wrong).

Car features you'd love to see in bikes-bmwc11254.jpg

Might as well name it BMW DM. Divorce Machine. Imagine you all cozy while your better half braves the weather.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th February 2016 at 23:21. Reason: Attachment corrected.
Nagato710 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 23:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

An auto switch-off indicator. 9 of 10 times I am forgetting to switch off the indicators after the turn. Buzzer will sound ridiculous to the riders next to you at a signal.
Old 27th February 2016, 19:58   #37
BHPian

Bikes are perfect the way they are. Of course they should have probably ABS and other safety features but not way too many things tacked on to them.
Old 27th February 2016, 22:36   #38
Team-BHP Support

Auto-fold mirrors. Darn need 'em while parking.
ABS
Dual tone horn [or a loud exhaust] My current stock exhaust is louder than the OE horn]

Nothing much. Let the electronics go to cars & make them pleasurable. Let the bikes remain pure.
Old 27th February 2016, 23:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

One feature I would like to see on lower priced bikes (already available on higher end bikes) is multi-cylinder engines. Even the cheapest car today has a 2 cylinder engine.
Old 29th February 2016, 00:19   #40
BHPian

Air conditioning.

Period
Old 29th February 2016, 10:26   #41
BHPian

DCT Transmission, heated grips,ABS & TC : Honda Africa Twin (Coming to India)
Airconditioning : Most of the bike come with a Heater and Cooler. Ride slow for heat, Ride fast for cooling.
MID, ABS, Rev matching (Quick shifter) : Triumph Street, speed, Daytona.

Affordable, Protection from weather, Automatic Transmission, ABS & air-conditioning : Tata Nano.

** Disclaimer : Light hearted Jab, do not take it seriously.
Old 1st March 2016, 18:21   #42
BHPian

I believe many bikes still needs to be installed with after-market "fuel lock" (commonly known as petrol lock), and owners need to maintain a separate key for it. hope there is some innovation and standardization in this area. sry, this might sound too basic enough in this thread!

Also, on the touring / adventure segment bikes, a standard fitment for the 3/4" screw to mount the action cams at strategic locations - just for the geek guys ?!

Last edited by pcpranav : 1st March 2016 at 18:28.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 19:00   #43
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2016 at 09:32.
emperorofindia is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th March 2016, 07:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
I believe many bikes still needs to be installed with after-market "fuel lock" (commonly known as petrol lock), and owners need to maintain a separate key for it. hope there is some innovation and standardization in this area. sry, this might sound too basic enough in this thread!

Also, on the touring / adventure segment bikes, a standard fitment for the 3/4" screw to mount the action cams at strategic locations - just for the geek guys ?!
also I would like to see 12v socket as 'default'. this part's availability should be across of bike's segments / price-bands, as it could be useful to a variety of users.
Old 28th March 2016, 14:57   #45
BANNED

Cruise control for long rides!

Most Viewed