Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2016, 01:43   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
It seems that the factory is not producing many white bikes at the moment. I was given an option by my dealership to change my colour to black to expedite the delivery and bring the waiting period down to a month after about 3 weeks of placing the order. It is likely that as the orders for the white pile up, the factory might start producing whole batches of white bikes with only a few blacks.

That's a bad news for those looking to buy the Snow White ( including me). I managed to glance through the bookings done at my dealership, I noticed that 80% of the bookings made till 31st of March were indeed for the graphite black colour. Hence it appears that the RE production team is strictly following the demand forecast

Did anyone observe that the display bikes (mostly white) have disappeared from the showrooms?
Old 30th April 2016, 11:32   #182
BHPian

re: The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Did anyone observe that the display bikes (mostly white) have disappeared from the showrooms?
You're right. Those were a part of the first lot that were given in limited numbers (1-2) to every dealership. In Pune, at least, these limited numbers are the only ones that have been delivered so far. Next lot is supposed to arrive mid May. I'm hoping my white one is also a part of that lot!
Old 30th April 2016, 11:57   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited View Post
And there is no firsthand account of this accident either, to add any credibility.
Guys, lets keep this out of this thread. It was already discussed here and the moderators had moved the post to the "Accidents in India" thread. It was a clear case of drivers (both) over speeding in narrow lane and also the guy on the Dio was underage and drunk.

Links for your reference.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ures-1345.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3946926
Old 30th April 2016, 23:13   #184
BHPian

This sounds scary http://royalenfield.com/community/fo...?topicid=34219
Old 30th April 2016, 23:44   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I did read this earlier but I do think this was a one off case. Haven't come across any such other reports of gearbox issues so far.
Old 1st May 2016, 13:02   #186
BHPian

Quote:
I did read this earlier but I do think this was a one off case. Haven't come across any such other reports of gearbox issues so far.
The issue that the gearbox failed in the first few Kms is terrible and adding to it the attitude of the showroom guys. They should be ashamed of doing something like this. Now, I am going to make more digging in to this because its questioning the very basics of me starting a relationship with RE.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 13:47   #187
BHPian

Quote:
This is absolutely unacceptable and RE should take strict action against the dealer for giving such a nightmarish experience to the customer who just bought the latest product from their stable at a price value of 1.85 lacs.

RE needs to focus on their service centers. Such autocratic and monopolistic attitude is simply disgusting.
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:14   #188
BANNED

Hello all,
Am back here in teambhp after years. On 28th April I bought a Himalayan and have covered some 420kms till now. I am in love witg the performance of this bike. Off course some minor issues are their but hopefully they will get sorted in the 1st servicing.

Following my observations

Pro
1. The suspensions are absolutely rocking and riding on rough roads are just fun. Even my 10 years old kido conveyed the same loudly as pillion. Feels safe and great.

2. The instrument cluster is cool. Specially the temperature, time and compass. The temperature let's me know the actual temperature of the surroundings then the microclimate temperature of the weather station report show on TV and newspapers. Now this is handy for people who are staying in cities like Bhubaneswar where temperature goes up to 48 degrees. Personally I also like the compass and clock as these are helping me in my profession.

3. The breaks good. The vehicle remains stable on heavy breaking too.

4. The throttle response is great. The vehicle has good pick up and does make fast moves in traffics.

5. The ground clearance is brilliant. 220mm is good enough to deal with any kind of Indian roads I believe.

6. One can hardly feel the vibration even at speed of 80 to 90km per hour (this is what I have managed till now. Don't want to go beyond this before 1st servicing).

Con
1. The gears are not smooth. The silencer miss fires while decreasing the throttle at lower gears. RE service guys promised that this will be sorted out in 1st servicing.

2. The switches (lights, engine power switch etc.) provided are of poor qualit. Even the finishing of wielding and bolting are not neat.

3. The bike doesn't have minimum storage space to even store the manual book and essential papers. The space under the pillion seat can accommodate few xerox copies of essential papers after the tool box.

4. RE is yet to supply accessories to dealer for this bike. Even a crash guard is not available with them. The official accessories are ugly IMHO, I have only seen them on nets. Yet to check them in real. Some how I feel the official accessories designed for this bike is not in harmony with the bike and looks disproportionate to the shape and curves of it.

5. The handle is too straight. A bit of curvature towards rider might have been more comfortable.

6. The engine gets heated up fast. One can feel the heat of it from knee to feets after riding it for about an hour.

These are few of my observations after riding the bike for about 400 kms. Now some may find them irrelevant and useless technically. Just to tell you all that am riding a bike after 8 years. I had an Yamaha RX100 then
shaktinanda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:39   #189
BHPian

The Autocar review of the Royal Enfield Darcha jackets is on air. For people who are interested:

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 00:29   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktinanda View Post
Hello all,
Am back here in teambhp after years. On 28th April I bought a Himalayan and have covered some 420kms till now. I am in love witg the performance of this bike. Off course some minor issues are their but hopefully they will get sorted in the 1st servicing.

Following my observations

These are few of my observations after riding the bike for about 400 kms. Now some may find them irrelevant and useless technically. Just to tell you all that am riding a bike after 8 years. I had an Yamaha RX100 then
The gearbox issue should indeed get fixed after the first service. I have heard that RE is replacing a part in the shift mechanism at the first service which makes shifting smoother.

Also, the mineral oil is replaced with synthetic oil at the first service. This might improve cooling.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th May 2016 at 01:01. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire post as it may inconvenience small-screen / mobile users. Thanks!
Old 4th May 2016, 08:00   #191
BANNED

Quote:
The gearbox issue should indeed get fixed after the first service. I have heard that RE is replacing a part in the shift mechanism at the first service which makes shifting smoother.

Also, the mineral oil is replaced with synthetic oil at the first service. This might improve cooling.
Thank you so much for that information sir. I have already completed 500 kms and going for the 1st servicing today. Hope service guys will fix the issues. Probably they will only change shifting mechanism in upcoming bikes and may not replace the same in bike they have already sold. Please let me know if you do manage to get some more information on this. Thanks again
Old 4th May 2016, 12:53   #192
Senior - BHPian

Have taken delivery of my Himalayan and have managed to put in only 50 kms at the odo. So far so good, gears are working absolutely fine.
Torque delivery is completely different from that of my old Thunderbird. Need to work the gear box more but the engine is a lot smoother than my TB. Handling is very good.
Will put in my thoughts once the break-in has been completed and my bikes log in a few more kms.
ku69rd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 13:25   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktinanda View Post
Thank you so much for that information sir. I have already completed 500 kms and going for the 1st servicing today. Hope service guys will fix the issues. Probably they will only change shifting mechanism in upcoming bikes and may not replace the same in bike they have already sold. Please let me know if you do manage to get some more information on this. Thanks again
Keep us posted with the updates buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Have taken delivery of my Himalayan and have managed to put in only 50 kms at the odo. So far so good, gears are working absolutely fine.
Torque delivery is completely different from that of my old Thunderbird. Need to work the gear box more but the engine is a lot smoother than my TB. Handling is very good.
Will put in my thoughts once the break-in has been completed and my bikes log in a few more kms.
Congrats on your new ride!!! wish you lots of happy miles on the Himalayan.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 16:07   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
ku69rd mate congrats on buying the Himalayan. Which color did you choose? I am looking forward to your review vis a vis the Tbird as a fellow Tbird owner. Time to post some pics mate.
Old 4th May 2016, 16:43   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I am looking forward to your review vis a vis the Tbird as a fellow Tbird owner. Time to post some pics mate.

Thanks for your kind words mate, I picked up the white color. Apparently even I was told of an early delivery if it was of black color. Since I was keen on the white color I had to wait for the second lot.

Sure will post my regular comments on this thread and after a few rides will pen a thread. Was surprised to read people commenting on gears and they being hard. With right RPM am experiencing no issues with the shifter. Downshifting needs a small blip of throttle to keep it smooth. Because of the run-in am not exceeding 3K mark so far.
Am posting the only photo that I have taken so far. The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-img20160504wa0005.jpg
ku69rd is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks