Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2016, 07:55   #1
BHPian

My love story: Honda CBR 250R review

Introduction:
Owning a motorcycle is akin to being in a relationship. Just like your bae, motorcycles crave for your love, time, and attention. And when you are in love, you never see these cravings as menial tasks. You do it out of affection, from the bottom of your heart. After a hard day at work, swinging your leg over your motorcycle could plaster a big smile on that tired face because she has all the charms just like your bae. If you feel this way about your motorcycle, then you are in love.

I too have a love story…

The story begins not very long ago, in the year 2012. I was just finishing my first year engineering. Just like every other college going lad, I too fancied having a fancy motorcycle. After some considerable drama in the house, I succeeded in convincing my parents that I need a motorcycle. Enfield was the top choice for my father. The idea of owning an Enfield at the age of 19 somehow didn’t appeal to me. In my eyes, however charming a motorcycle that the Enfield was, it was slow, crude and not so fashionable (That was then though. After 4 years, I too succumbed to the charms of the Enfield and have a Classic Chrome 500).

After more haggling and some bribery (read promises of securing a good GPA), my parents gave in to my whim of purchasing the motorcycle of my choice. The CBR250R ABS it was going to be. The choice was color was clear and it was going to be red.

Probably the prettiest angle:
My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-img_0771.jpg

CBR 250R never appealed to me in the looks department. It looked bulbous and blunt to me. I wanted something that looked fast even when standing, something outrageously sharp, like the KTM RCs. But back then, the biggest bike I could convince my parents was the CBR. You could say I would be better off with the Duke 200 or R15. The Duke 200 never appealed to me the way CBR did and R15 was slow compared to the CBR to be blunt. I loved the way the R15 looked and the way it handled but that was it. So it wasn’t love at first sight for me.

Ownership:

It was on April 27th, 2012 that I saw her for the first time. She still didn’t appeal to me by the way she looked but I was sold by the big numbers (power, displacement and torque) she carried. After finishing the necessary paper work, at 6pm the bike was ready to be delivered. She was mine now, my own set of wheels, my wheels to freedom. Even god showered his blessings on us with rain that evening.

After taking delivery, I followed my parents’ car on my motorcycle. I was all smiles and they could see it. I have to thank them for everything. The customary blessings were taken in a temple and we called it a day. That night, I slept with the keys on my pillow, my heart in the garage and probably a smile on my face.

The next morning, paying no attention to my father’s instructions about never taking the motorcycle outside Bangalore, I ran to the garage just to make myself believe it wasn’t a dream. She stood there shining, waiting to be ridden but she had to wait for the weekend to pass. By now my friends, their friends and probably even their neighbors knew I got my CBR because of my uncontrolled excitement.

Like every other Monday, everyone probably missed the weekend that passed and loathed the week ahead. For me, it was the other way around. I was going to ride my CBR to college for the first time. The smile still didn’t wear down yet. I reached college, sat in class all day long showing off the key, the helmet et all and waited for the last bell to ring. Then I ran to the bike and took the longest possible way back home – 25km ride became an unplanned 200km ride. The excitement and the smile finally died down during this ride because I had to be wary of the speeds. I religiously maintained the rpms below 5000 until the first service. I will not harp about how beautiful this ride was because I loathed it, it was boring to say the least. First service was done on the 11th day. The next day I took her to Nandi hills. While I was still careful about running her in, I was thoroughly enjoying redlining her on the open stretches. The 200 km ride was uneventful but relieving, for now I can take her to the redline just how she wants it. The following day was my first big long ride with her. It was 600km round trip to Bisle Ghat in a day. Though the ride itself brings back a lot of memories what I realized that day was how relentless this machine is. I fell for her all over again. She rode through the smoothest and harshest of roads with the same undaunted confidence. Through rain, slush, constant high speed runs, un ending craters, she brought me home safely.

Along side her brothers and sisters:
My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-img_3955.jpg

Post this, my hunger to ride farther led to me doing rides as long 2800 km in a matter of 40 hours and other big rides. She never failed, not once. And today she stands proudly at 40,000 km looking the same way she did 4 years ago. Though 40,000km in 4 years don’t seem like much, I have to mention that she has been dormant for the last one and half years owing to the Enfield and also me being in the US for studies. The only thing she ever asks for is some regular maintenance every 6000km and chain maintenance every 1000 km both of which I followed religiously.

Pros:
+ Relentless and reliable engine: The engine never feels strained even after constant high speed runs. You can devour as many miles on the highway as your back and butt can withstand.
+ Comfort: While you do require butt breaks every 200-250 km, the seating position, ride quality and seat itself are quite forgiving for short and tall people equally.
+ Brakes: The combined ABS system has just bowled me over. It instates so much of confidence and the way it works is quite unobtrusive. The brake feel and bite is also quite above average.
+ Size: While some would disagree on this, the CBR is a very nimble machine in traffic. It can clear gaps with utmost ease defying its bulbous looks.
+ Performance: I do wish it had more power now, but 4 years ago, it was one of the fastest bikes in the segment. Even today it is no slouch by any means and my motorcycle has seen upwards of 160 kmph (speedo) even recently.
+Maintenance: While not exactly pocket friendly, it is a very easy motorcycle to live with. One has to keep an ear out to strange noises but repairs like that never seemed expensive to me.

Cons:
- Looks: Why couldn’t Honda go mad with this bike? After all it was carrying a sports tag! I do know Honda wanted to position it as a sports tourer but then why the ‘CBR’ tag?!
- Suspension: Soft front end is a big letdown. While I did get used to it, I wish it had stiffer forks.
- Console: Again, like the looks, the console looks drab. Bare necessities like trip meter and clock are present. Beside that there is nothing. And the console itself looks so uninspiring.
-Vibrations: Yes, surprisingly the motorcycle vibrates. Although it is not very pronounced, I was left with numb hands once in a while over long rides.
- Value for money: For 50k lesser, I would’ve got myself the Duke 200 back then. The Duke had steel braided brake lines, better tires and a much more informative instrument cluster. Seeing this, the CBR may not come off as a VFM product.

The uninspiring console:
My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-pic5.jpg

The other major irritant is the OEM set of tires. While not extremely bad, there are plenty of better options. The stock ContiGos are terrible in the wet. With the mediocre grip, I expected them to at least last longer but my rear tires never lasted me more than 12000 km. I am running my 4th rear tire now and I have never performed any sort of burn outs or anything to eat up the tires. And since it is ABS equipped, the bike doesn’t skid. The 12k life span of the tire is not justified at all. Also, it should’ve come with a better pair of horns from the factory although that changed with the next update. I got myself a pair of Pulsar 220 horn which has been fairly reliable so far.

Alternatives that were considered:
To begin with, CBR was never in the list because of its high price. Hence the alternatives considered might be an unfair competition. Nevertheless, following were the alternatives:

1. Apache RTR 180 (ABS): This was the top choice on my list. I wanted one in white. I loved this bike so much for its nimble handling, sweet mid range and the terrific brakes. I decided to look beyond the vibrations of the engine because of all these points. And at Rs. 91,xxx (On Road, BLR) I thought it was a terrific deal because of the added safety of ABS. This was going to be my motorcycle until the CBR seed grew in my head.

2. Pulsar 220: The throttle response on this is electric to say the least. Though the performance figures may seem normal, the bike felt lively. What made me shy away from this machine was that it was ubiquitous and I was looking for something more exclusive.

3. Classic 500: Though not my choice of motorcycle, it was considered for its ruggedness and the attitude it carried with it. Royal Enfield may be the last word in refinement but their bikes are ageless. However, as mentioned above, RE never caught my fancy back then.

4. Duke 200: I am a little over 6ft with a heavy build and my friends said I looked funny riding it. While that is not the reason for not considering the bike, I never felt connected with the Duke. I always thought of it as a motorcycle and nothing more. It didn’t make me feel like owning it.

5. R-15: The whole and sole reason of this bike being out of the list is its engine. For only about Rs. 10,000 more, I could get the Duke 200 which was in a different ball park altogether when it came to performance. Otherwise, it is a sweet little motorcycle and I respect it for all its abilities.

Somewhere in the wild:
My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-img_0845.jpg

Living with her:
I really miss my motorcycle. That should be saying a lot about how it feels to ride the CBR. She is fast (by the standards of the competition), smooth and effortless. Till date, I have religiously warmed up her engine every single time the engine temperature was below three bars. That and the regular care I showed towards her probably have kept her hale and hearty even with so much trashing of the engine.

1. In the city:
I have read auto journalists say things about her size and being a little handy through traffic. She may be obese but she really belies her size when on the move. According to me, she is just the right size. The engine with all its torque right where it should be, in the mid range, helps cover gaps with unbelievable ease. And she does all this without feeling urgent. The mirrors may be placed wide on the first look, but you will appreciate its placement soon enough: they are just the right size to not be bothered while cutting through traffic and they are as usable as rear view mirrors ought to be. The seating position is not too sporty which is a plus for riding through traffic. The clutch has just the right amount of weight and feel to it. Fuel efficiency in the city is about 25 kmpl with heavy traffic.

2. On the highways:
The highway is her forte and that is where she shines. The engine, the ergonomics, the chassis, the suspension, everything complement each other to give a rounded package. If you love touring, the CBR will never disappoint you. She has the space to carry some heavy luggage and the heart to pull it with gusto. And when morons turn up on the highway without the slightest of a warning she has bloody good anchors to stop you from kissing the tarmac. The CBR comes with a 13 liters tank with about 10 liters being usable. With that, the tank range I get is about 260 km with chin-on-tank kind of riding. The mileage has been fairly consistent throughout its life and I never complained. With sedate riding, I sometimes saw upwards of 35 kmpl. The engine loves to be revved. The 10,500 redline comes up quickly through the first four gears. I do wish a more throaty exhaust note, but for a Honda, she is loud. The suspension is what makes highway journeys so comfortable. It quietly soaks in small craters and speed humps. It does crash into larger ones, but the bike feels stable if ever you hit one at a high speeds. The ergonomics are spot on for long journeys. I did wish a lot of times for softer seats but it isn’t too hard to live with it. It will be a full tank of fuel before you could ask for butt breaks. Riding in the night has never been a problem thanks to the adequate headlights. There are obviously better options but the OEM bulb (60/55 W) has decent throw and I never faced any issues with it.

3. Through curves:
She is obese as I mentioned earlier but the perceived weight never lets you believe so. On the move she is light and hence easy flick-able on the hills too. You can carry some good pace into the corners and the chassis will not disappoint you. She is stable through corners and bumps. What is irritating is however the nose dive every time you brake into the corner or exit one. Besides that she is quite consistent, impressive and an easy vehicle to lean on. What helps matters while climbing up hill is the amount of torque it has. Constantly shuffling between the right gears is not needed for most part of it.

4. Off road:
Though not built for such things, it is a pretty easy bike to handle in such situations. The bottom cowl has good clearance and will hit only if you are being too careless. There is enough power to slide and get out of sticky situations. Riding off road while standing on the foot pegs is rewarding sometimes and with the CBR it is easy to do that though not natural. But don’t think of it as a go-any where motorcycle. It belongs on the road. Thick slush can stick to the insides of the front fender because it is not an off road vehicle with huge gaps. Also the suspension travel is limited.

Along with her best friend:
My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-img_1262.jpg

Since I have never set foot on a track, I cannot comment on her behavior here. But from my experience with the bike, she will only be appreciated if she gets stickier rubber and stiffer forks. Also, more power will never hurt out on the track.

With all said and done, I love her. I love her to no end and she has not failed me once. She took daily commute to college for 50km with the same ease as she did when I rode her in 49 degrees for over 1000 km in a day. She might not be perfect in every sense, but I am never going to part with her. CBR is my first motorcycle after all. So much is my love for her that I give weekly instructions on the phone to my parents in Bangalore about its upkeep. :P

I do want something much much much more powerful (read CBR1000RR or S1000RR), something that will scare the living day lights off my life because after all, motorcycles are supposed to do that according to me. In today’s times, the CBR is dated and while it never scared me like I wanted, this CBR 250R is going to hold the most special place in my heart forever. Through the thin and thick of my still young life she stood by me and I want to grow old looking at her just the way she did on 27th April.

Ending pic:
Attached Thumbnails
My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-side.jpg  

My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-pic1.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2016 at 07:56. Reason: Spacing :)
saishivaj is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 20:36   #2
BHPian

re: My love story: Honda CBR 250R review

Nice review. I may be wrong but as far as i know honda fixed soft front end issue on post 2013 CBR250R.

What happened to your rear contigos? excessive punctures or were they just worn out in 12k kms? Why didn't you try michelin or MRF tyres?

Since you own both, a comparison between your RE and CBR250R as daily commuter/tourer may help some potential buyers of either bike.
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 23:30   #3
BHPian

re: My love story: Honda CBR 250R review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
Nice review. I may be wrong but as far as i know honda fixed soft front end issue on post 2013 CBR250R.

What happened to your rear contigos? excessive punctures or were they just worn out in 12k kms? Why didn't you try michelin or MRF tyres?

Since you own both, a comparison between your RE and CBR250R as daily commuter/tourer may help some potential buyers of either bike.
Thank you so much for taking time to read the post.
I am not too sure about the front suspension being fixed. I haven't ridden the newer ones, nor did I read any reports of it being fixed. I hope it is true though.

My ContiGos had no problem except for wearing out earlier than I thought. Considering their average grip levels I expected them to last longer than that. I wanted to try Michelin pilot street but my every time that I had to change the back tire, my front tire would still remain Contigo and I have this mental block of keeping both front and back tires with the same thread pattern.

I will surely do a comparison between RE Classic and CBR250R soon.
saishivaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 07:58   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My love story: Honda CBR 250R review

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorcycle Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 11:57   #5
BHPian

I have a black 2011 CBR 250R too (non ABS though).
I can totally relate to every word you just said. I have never been let down even once by her and every single ride puts a smile on my face.
I was on the verge of selling the CBR to buy the Himalayan but now I feel its a stupid move, so i'll just hold on to this technological marvel which has never left me stranded. Neither on the street nor on the highway.
Though its a little underpowered with quite less torque, I feel for Bangalore's roads, this just works fine.
Nice ownership review. Hope u get to ride your baby soon when you're here for a vacation.
Coplay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 21:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
I have a black 2011 CBR 250R too (non ABS though).
I can totally relate to every word you just said. I have never been let down even once by her and every single ride puts a smile on my face.
I was on the verge of selling the CBR to buy the Himalayan but now I feel its a stupid move, so i'll just hold on to this technological marvel which has never left me stranded. Neither on the street nor on the highway.
Though its a little underpowered with quite less torque, I feel for Bangalore's roads, this just works fine.
Nice ownership review. Hope u get to ride your baby soon when you're here for a vacation.
Thank you Coplay. I would've had thoughts to upgrade too, considering how dated the CBR feels but it does the job quietly without any fuss. Talking about performance, yes, it has aged there too but again, if you aren't going to go on the track this would suffice for most needs. For me it holds a sentimental value for being my first motorcycle
Old 30th March 2016, 10:48   #7
BHPian

That was a nice write up. It was a good decision to a pick a motorcycle that comes with the safety net of ABS as it is essentially the difference between life and death.

On the above mentioned cons:

Yes, the bike does handle like a boat. However, there are a few common mods that can make it better. Adding a fork brace will help stiffen the ride. You should be able to find this online. If you do not mind spending more on better tires, check out the Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2. A cheaper alternative is the Michelin Pilot Street Radial. Though the Michelins last longer, Pirellis offer great grip. With a fork brace and the tire upgrade, the bike will certainly handle much better.

On the console, being a KTM rider, I actually like the CBR's pod. Though KTM offer more information, some of it are woefully illegible on the go. Tach readings are always a guess. So it is fair to say that both have their set of advantages and disadvantages.
MonsterTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 22:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Lovely thread. And post the CBR, I've started looking for excuses to ride out 250-300kms for work It's a no-fuss commuter, tourer and very practical to own as well. Ride safe and have a load of fun.
zenx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 23:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
That was a nice write up. It was a good decision to a pick a motorcycle that comes with the safety net of ABS as it is essentially the difference between life and death.

On the above mentioned cons:

Yes, the bike does handle like a boat. However, there are a few common mods that can make it better. Adding a fork brace will help stiffen the ride. You should be able to find this online. If you do not mind spending more on better tires, check out the Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2. A cheaper alternative is the Michelin Pilot Street Radial. Though the Michelins last longer, Pirellis offer great grip. With a fork brace and the tire upgrade, the bike will certainly handle much better.

On the console, being a KTM rider, I actually like the CBR's pod. Though KTM offer more information, some of it are woefully illegible on the go. Tach readings are always a guess. So it is fair to say that both have their set of advantages and disadvantages.
Thank you MonsterTorque for your appreciation. I will definitely try the Michelin Pilot Street Radial the next time. I have ridden a CBR with these tyres and was mighty impressed. It seemed to have a more rounded profile which increased the agility and it definitely felt stickier. About the fork brace, I will look up and try it out. Any suggestions for the brand and pricing for this?

Regarding the KTM's Console, I completely agree with the legibility issue. Yet I find it more suited to the character on the Duke/RCs. CBR's is much more legible as you said.

Quote:
Lovely thread. And post the CBR, I've started looking for excuses to ride out 250-300kms for work It's a no-fuss commuter, tourer and very practical to own as well. Ride safe and have a load of fun.
Thank you zenx. How much has your bike covered now? I see it to be a 2011-12 model. I hope you have more of such "work" related rides! Ride safe
saishivaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 17:59   #10
BHPian

Very nicely written and I would also reiterate that the CBR is quite underrated but is sturdy, very advanced technologically, and very apt for a sports tourer. There are though quite a few better bikes around in the segment as on date.

I have one in Red bought in March 2012. Unfortunately, I have never been able to use it much - have done 1500 kms in about 4 years :( The bike starts in one crank even after 1.5-2 months of just being parked though.
Old 31st March 2016, 19:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

My buddy had a CBR250 and that was one of the first bikes I learnt how to ride on. Smooth machine, decently powerful considering the speedo is capable of throwing some incredible numbers on display for you, but as you said, doesn't feel intimidating in any way. I agree with everything you like and dislike about the thing. Great write-up and great shots BUT how are you able to live with the Continentals? Go for Michelin pilot streets that's what my friend ran on the rear tyre and it definitely felt much better than any other CBR250 that I rode. Have you considered a powertronics piggyback ecu? Being a Bangalore resident, this ought to be an enticing option to keep your bike feeling lively through the years to come.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 20:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
Very nicely written and I would also reiterate that the CBR is quite underrated but is sturdy, very advanced technologically, and very apt for a sports tourer. There are though quite a few better bikes around in the segment as on date.

I have one in Red bought in March 2012. Unfortunately, I have never been able to use it much - have done 1500 kms in about 4 years :( The bike starts in one crank even after 1.5-2 months of just being parked though.
Thank you animeshb. 1500 km in 4 years? Go out and ride! Now is the best time to ride and fall in love with motorcycling! Hope you have more miles coming up soon. Ride safe.
saishivaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 20:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
My buddy had a CBR250 and that was one of the first bikes I learnt how to ride on. Smooth machine, decently powerful considering the speedo is capable of throwing some incredible numbers on display for you, but as you said, doesn't feel intimidating in any way. I agree with everything you like and dislike about the thing. Great write-up and great shots BUT how are you able to live with the Continentals? Go for Michelin pilot streets that's what my friend ran on the rear tyre and it definitely felt much better than any other CBR250 that I rode. Have you considered a powertronics piggyback ecu? Being a Bangalore resident, this ought to be an enticing option to keep your bike feeling lively through the years to come.

Thank you IshaanIan. Contis, as I mentioned are not unmanageable but Michelins are definitey good. This time when I am in Bangalore for the summer, I will change to Michelin. I haven't considered the piggyback ecu seriously yet, but I was looking for some options. Powertronics seems like a reliable one. I will dig in a little deeper and find out if it is going to be worth the money.
Old 1st April 2016, 17:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post
Thank you zenx. How much has your bike covered now? I see it to be a 2011-12 model. I hope you have more of such "work" related rides! Ride safe
It's getting to a 29k. I bought it at 22k. Been no trouble at all thus far - I think it's a 2012 Aug or thereabouts. Love the highway runs on this.
zenx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 18:10   #15
BHPian

Long due update:

Post getting my Interceptor 650, (Ownership link (1 year with my RE Interceptor 650)) the baby Ceeber has seen lesser usage. However, I did take her on a wonderful trip from Bangalore to Spiti last year. Here is a quick update on the trip the baby Ceeber has been on.

The bike is now hovering around the 80,000 km mark and I am happy to report that she is still as reliable and performing as well as she did on Day 1 and this is despite what I put her through during the Spiti ride last year.

While a detailed Spiti travelogue is underway, my friend and I rode from Bangalore to Spiti last year in yet another unsuccessful attempt to scale Khardungla. Here is how the trip went:
We both started the trip from Bangalore on two CBR250Rs, mine 7 years old then, and his roughly 7.5 years old. First day we reached Nagpur and the second day Delhi, all through incessant rains. We took a day's break in Delhi to get the bikes cleaned and ready for the torture that lay ahead. While Spiti wasn't on the plan, after speaking with some enthusiasts who have done the route, we quickly changed plans to do Leh via Spiti. After the break on Day 3, we started early from Delhi and reached Rohru on Day 4 through some of the most beautiful landscapes we had ever witnessed. Day 5 we got rather adventurous and rode from Rohru to Kaza. While the vistas just got better and better with each mile, the road got equally worse. Call us fearless or stupid, but we reached Kaza at 12 AM midnight which meant we rode almost 5 hours in the dark. The bikes held up beautifully.

Since we were new to this circuit, we went by google's time prediction and believed that we could make it Leh the next day. However, when we discussed this with the veteran hotel owner, he brought us back to senses and told us we'd be good if we made it till Keylong.

We woke up lazily the next day and my friend was feeling a little under the weather. So he took some medicines and slept for a while longer. Then we decided to extend our stay at Kaza that night and explore the pin valley.

The plan for next day was Kaza-Chandartaal (this was a 2 hour deviation) - Keylong. This is the day when all things went helter-skelter. After Kunzum pass, when we were on the way to Chandartaal, my friend's CBR gave up. We went through a water crossing and then his bike refused to start. We waited for a while and tried again, it started. We thought water could've entered some circuit which caused this and continued. After finishing Chandartaal, we were back on the Kaza-Manali road when somewhere between Batal and Chatru, his bike died on us completely. We unloaded all the luggage and checked the fuses and then swapped his battery with mine. We push started my bike with his dead battery and it seemed to work and his bike could be cranked with mine.l So we loaded the luggage again and started. Within 2 km again his bike gave up. Without mobile network and the sparse traffic, we were clueless as to what to do.

We then attached his fork to my foot peg and towed it for as long as we could through that terrain . This was definitely a testament to my baby Ceeber. We were almost near Chota Nada when he couldn't hold the handle any longer and we had to end our circus. With a heavy heart, we decided to park his bike safely and continue on my bike till we can get a truck to tow his bike. So we parked it, loaded my bike with me, my luggage, him, and his luggage. That is roughly 250-275 kg payload at that altitude! That night, I apologised to my bike. Lucky for us, we didn't have to go through that ordeal for long and a fellow good samaritan traveling along that route offered to carry our luggage until Gramphu where we would be going in different directions. From there on, my friend and I, still above 200 kg of payload, continued wading water streams and high altitudes on the old little Ceeber and she didn't skip a beat! So proud of her. We reached Gramphu and found a tow truck et all. Then we took a call to return to Bangalore due to some reasons and got his bike towed from Chatru to Chandigarh. I rode the mighty Rohtang pass, solo at night starting from Gramphu at around 10 PM and halting at Manali while my friend came with the truck and his bike. It was an adventure I would never forget. The next day we started from Manali in the afternoon, in the same set up, me riding and my friend in the truck. I will write a detailed post in the travelogue.

Teaser Spiti Pics:

My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-3dcb20d1d1944584ad3814bfccb43ac4.jpg

My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-ef8d85f943dd4cae9bb41f4a7ee295fa.jpg

Apart from this little adventure, the CBR has been through some short trips around Bangalore and has been chugging along absolutely fine.
After getting the INT, I have been touring a lot on that and already covered 11,000 km however, the CBR is the one closest to my heart still.

A quick ride with dad to the Kanva Reservoir near Bangalore.

My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-img_3259.jpg

Some pictures after a DIY wash and wax last weekend

My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-img_4113.jpg

My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-img_4115.jpg

My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-img_4116.jpg

My love story: Honda CBR 250R review-img_4117.jpg

Will continue to update this thread more regularly now.
saishivaj is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed