Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 07:56   #1
BHPian

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata

What is One Ride?

Royal Enfield organizes One Ride every year in the month of April to bring all the Royal Enfield riders and their rides of different generations together. Thousands of Royal Enfields roar together on this one day across the world.

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rlogo.jpg

I am going to share my story of Royal Enfield One Ride 2016 as me and my Royal Enfield riders' group Guns On Wheels (https://www.facebook.com/groups/GunsOnWheels) experienced it in Kolkata, India.

I request all BHPians to share their experiences of the One Ride 2016 on this thread so that we can provide the readers with extensive coverage of this grand event from across India and (hopefully) the world.

Royal Enfield One Ride 2016 - Kolkata

More than 300 Royal Enfields roared in the City of Joy in the morning of April 3rd, 2016.

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rteaser.jpg

The ride started from various locations / RE showrooms in Kolkata. All the riders converged at Dankuni Toll Plaza and from there, all the 300+ participants rode out in convoy to Aqua Marina, a water theme park in Bandel. It was a sight to behold! People lined up by the high way (and some even followed us in their motorcycles and cars) to take pictures and videos. Breakfast and lunch were good. The bulleteers had child like fun in the water at Aqua Maria. Participants also got to see and test ride the newly launched Himalayan! There are already quite a good number of test ride reports on the Himalayan on Team-BHP, so I would refrain from going into further details in this thread.

Various dealers (Kolkata Bike Zone, Shah Enfield, Austin Distributors to name a few) had put in their honest efforts to make this event a success. Some of the clubs and riders' groups that participated are Guns On Wheels, Eastern Bulls and Bengal Bulleteers. Apart from these clubs and groups there were good number of individual participants as well. Some even participated with their families and kids!

I would let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Team Guns On Wheels and couple of individual participants at Kolkata Bike Zone during registration.

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rkbz_1.jpg

Minutes before flag-off in front of Kolkata Bike Zone

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rkbz_2.jpg

Convergence of all the 300+ riders from different starting points at Dankuni Toll Plaza (apologies for poor quality of the picture)

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rdankuni_1.jpg

Team Guns On Wheels at Dankuni Toll Plaza

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rdankuni_2.jpg

...and showing off their group Logo

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rdankuni_3.jpg

Aqua Marina had to provide their lawn for parking the huge number of Royal Enfields

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1raquamarina_1.jpg

The Bulleteers having fun in the water

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1raquamarina_2.jpg

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1raquamarina_3.jpg

The ride coordinator Ranabir Roy Bardhan did a commendable job (seen here with Somnath Patra and Avik Dutta)

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rcoordinator.jpg

Sourav Murarka's beautifully modified Thunderbird Twinspark.

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rsouravtbts_1.jpg

Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata-re1rsouravtbts_2.jpg

A video coverage of the event by Dipan and Rohit

Picture and video credit: All the members of Guns On Wheels

Last edited by psurelia : 4th April 2016 at 19:05.
psurelia is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 08:55   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pics: The 2016 Royal Enfield One Ride @ Kolkata

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorcycle Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks