Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 10:39   #61
BHPian

Re: Which bike under 1.25L OTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
My experience with Sai Service Bajaj (the one near PMC) is quite good.
Unfortunately my experience at the same place deteriorated over a period of time. I used to give it there always but then owing to the dents and scratches I stopped going there
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 19:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta1.6 View Post
I am in a market for a bike which is under 1.25L OTR. Please suggest. My requirements are:

Considering all these criteria, I am really inclined towards Bajaj Avenger 220 Street. Any suggestions in this regard would be most welcome.
Hey Fiesta , just curious, did you get yourself an Avenger ? Or any other choice amongst those discussed ?
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 08:56   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Fiesta , just curious, did you get yourself an Avenger ? Or any other choice amongst those discussed ?
Hello ,

Apologies for the late late reply. I was very busy for the past one and half month. Couldnt get time to check the forum.

First of all thank you The_Brutailer, sajo, Aakarsh, ku69rd, The_Great, theredliner, schitre05, shekatkar31, centaur, driveabhi for the suggestions. I did TD each and every bike all of you suggested. Shortlisted TB350 and Avenger 220 Street and ended up buying Matte Wild Green Avenger 220 Street for the two reasons:
1) Wife liked it most out of all the bikes as she found the riding position to be most comfortable and she was able to rest her foot on the ground while stopping.
2) Do I need to add any more reasons after the first one.
3) TB 350 was way above my budget and some of my friends who owns this beast pointed out the high maintenance costs as well which is again a concern for me.

Coming to AV Street 220, I have driven the bike around 500kms so far. Here are the first impressions:

Pros:
1) Riding Comfort
2) Riding Comfort
3) Riding Comfort
4) Just enough torque for the city riding
5) Peppy engine
6) Very good handling and ride quality, pretty good on smooth roads and feels stable.
7) Front suspension is good but somehow I feel the rear would bottom out on the rough patches although it didnt but I strongly feel so.
8) Brakes inspire confidence

Cons:
1) I feel the torque should have been a bit more
2) Worst pillion comfort for long rides due to narrow and hard pillion seat. Wife was very uncomfortable on the 200+ kms ride to Ahmednagar and back but was very happy when she decided to ride the bike.
3) Short gears does translate some body vibrations after 80KMPH but are acceptable.
4) Back rest is an accessory and only comes with Cruise 220.

I would definitely recommend it whoever it looking for a VFM cruiser.
fiesta1.6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 12:46   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Hello ,

I would definitely recommend it whoever it looking for a VFM cruiser.
Congratulations on your new possession.

Indeed its a great value for money bike and it will keep you happy since you made the decision with your heart (and because your wife likes it ).

All it takes is a little maintenance and care and the bike will also be happy for a long time.

Buy some good safety gear too.

Post the bike's pics soon here and keep us updated with your ownership experience with the bike as well as the after sales services.

Cheers !
Old 30th October 2016, 16:25   #65
BANNED

Re: 150cc bike to replace the RX135 - Which one?

Congrats on the Street. I had a feeling you would go that way as soon as i read that you would be sharing it with your wife. The Avenger series is pretty popular with the ladies, i think because of the saddle height and the "feel like god" seating position. Its a pretty good choice considering all the factors you had listed out. Cheers.
adidac369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shortlisted TB350 and Avenger 220 Street and ended up buying Matte Wild Green Avenger 220 Street for the two reasons:
Congrats on your new bike Fiesta1.6. Which dealer did you get the bike from ? Mind sharing a few pics and the OTR price ?
The Street seems to have changed the fortunes of the Avenger brand, as it is now selling in volumes never seen before.
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:50   #67
BANNED

Congratulations on the new bike.

If you had to do it all over again I would suggest the 150cc Avenger. I think it has an air cooled engine. Hence lower lifetime maintenance costs.

A friend has one in electric blue color. He travels to his hometown on alternate weekends. This is 160km from where he works. Riding 320 km is not easy every 15 days. He is quite pleased with it.

A few days back I rode the Honda hornet. I can't comment on its power and torque as it is was a short distance. The driver's (or rider's) seat is one of the best ones around. Very comfortable. It has front and rear discs. This was 1.3 on the road, Blr.

Cheers.

P.S.: KTM dukes are great bikes. You would look good on one if you were in college. It would seem out of place if you were in some serious profession, oh say, a cardiovascular surgeon.

Last edited by hangover : 3rd November 2016 at 16:04.
Old 12th November 2016, 11:30   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Congratulations on your new possession.

Indeed its a great value for money bike and it will keep you happy since you made the decision with your heart (and because your wife likes it ).

All it takes is a little maintenance and care and the bike will also be happy for a long time.

Buy some good safety gear too.

Post the bike's pics soon here and keep us updated with your ownership experience with the bike as well as the after sales services.

Cheers !
Thank you very much The Great! Will post the pics soon. I am planning to buy the riding gears but really tight on my budget as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidac369 View Post
Congrats on the Street. I had a feeling you would go that way as soon as i read that you would be sharing it with your wife. The Avenger series is pretty popular with the ladies, i think because of the saddle height and the "feel like god" seating position. Its a pretty good choice considering all the factors you had listed out. Cheers.
Thank you very much adidac369. Indeed it is very popular with the ladies.

Quote:
Congrats on your new bike Fiesta1.6. Which dealer did you get the bike from ? Mind sharing a few pics and the OTR price ?
The Street seems to have changed the fortunes of the Avenger brand, as it is now selling in volumes never seen before.
Thank you very much sajo! I'll definitely share some pics as soon as I can. The OTR price is 98521/-. Got a petrol lock as the only free accessory from Sai Service Wakadewadi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
Congratulations on the new bike.

If you had to do it all over again I would suggest the 150cc Avenger. I think it has an air cooled engine. Hence lower lifetime maintenance costs.

A friend has one in electric blue color. He travels to his hometown on alternate weekends. This is 160km from where he works. Riding 320 km is not easy every 15 days. He is quite pleased with it.

A few days back I rode the Honda hornet. I can't comment on its power and torque as it is was a short distance. The driver's (or rider's) seat is one of the best ones around. Very comfortable. It has front and rear discs. This was 1.3 on the road, Blr.

Cheers.

P.S.: KTM dukes are great bikes. You would look good on one if you were in college. It would seem out of place if you were in some serious profession, oh say, a cardiovascular surgeon.
Thank you very much hangover! We did see the 150cc avenger street but we were sold on the Matte Wild Green color which only comes with 220. Also had a look at Duke 200 as well, wife was not very comfortable with the pillion seat and it was out of budget as well (1.6L OTR).
fiesta1.6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 16:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
New bike
Any updates on the same sir ?
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 17:11   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on the same sir ?
After so many recommendations, kept waiting for the re-launch of 200NS
In the mean time, replaced 2 of my RX (RXG & 135 4s) with RX100 & 135 5s
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 17:13   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Requirements
- New / Used : New
- Engine Capacity : 150/160cc (nothing more than that)
- Budget : Less than a lakh on-road (strictly)
- Monthly usage : Less than 1000km
- FE : anything around 40kmpl
Almost a year after starting this thread, faced so many changes (expected and unexpected) and finally the decision of new bike was put on hold (for at least a couple of years)

Friend of mine is happy to offer his Apache RTR 160, which was lying unused for more than 6 months. Got it serviced and using it for past 1 week along with the other RX.
Old 13th February 2018, 23:08   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apache RTR 160, which was lying unused for more than 6 months. Got it serviced and using it for past 1 week along with the other RX.
Got this bike almost a year back and quite happy with it. Covered around 6k km with a couple of oil change and general service. FE is around 45~50 kmpl for my driving style (60~70 kmph)
Old 1st March 2021, 22:26   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Almost 5 years now, after a hell lot of dilemma finally settled for a D390

150cc bike to replace the RX135 - Which one?-1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I would have suggested the Duke 390
Quote:
Also consider a used Duke 390
Thank you guys

Quote:
Almost a year after starting this thread, faced so many changes (expected and unexpected) and finally the decision of new bike was put on hold (for at least a couple of years)

Friend of mine is happy to offer his Apache RTR 160, which was lying unused for more than 6 months. Got it serviced and using it for past 1 week along with the other RX.
PS: RTR was sold (or rather given away) long back.
Mr.Boss is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed