Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:49   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Royal Enfield opens new store in Ireland

Continuing it's international expansion, Royal Enfield has opened its first dealership in Ireland. The dealership is a partnership with Co Limerick-based RetroVentures. RetroVentures has been hiring out Royal Enfield motorcycles for over two years. The opening of a dealership was the next logical step after the large number of queries on buying a Royal Enfield.

"We have been hiring out Royal Enfield motorcycles to visitors to Ireland for the last two years and have been overwhelmed not just by the level of demand and the amount of positive feedback, but also by the number of customers who come to us to see if they can buy a motorcycle from us. Because of this, and the extensive market research we carried out over the last year, we knew that the next natural step was to open a Royal Enfield showroom," Chris Davidson, managing director, RetroVentures, told The Irish Times.

Royal Enfield opens new store in Ireland-retroventuresroyalenfieldshowroominireland.jpg

Following is the official website of Royal Enfield Ireland: http://www.royalenfield.ie/. pretty much all models across the Enfield Range are available. Sample Price screenshots from website.

Royal Enfield opens new store in Ireland-reireland1.jpg

Royal Enfield opens new store in Ireland-reireland2.jpg

Source: NDTVAuto

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 2nd May 2016 at 13:53.
Rajeevraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:18   #2
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield opens new store in Ireland

Pardon my ignorance but why are there two prices for Bullet Black and Green? One image shows GBP 3995 while other shows GBP 6495!
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

My guess is that it is like this,
1. 1GBP is approximately 1.27Euros. So that by itself means 3995 GBP is close to 5074Euro
2. The ones quoted in Euros are 500CC bikes. Probably the ones priced in GBP are 350 CC. That will account for the additional amount, maybe?

Again, above is my guess only.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd May 2016 at 14:33.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
1. 1GBP is approximately 1.27Euros. So that by itself means 3995 GBP is close to 5074Euro
2. The ones quoted in Euros are 500CC bikes. Probably the ones priced in GBP are 350 CC. That will account for the additional amount, maybe?

Sorry, I missed out on seeing that it is EUR 6995. However, conversion from GBP to EUR is confusing as EUR prices seem high.

Whichever way, these really seem to be priced at a premium but I guess that is how RE wants it to be.
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:09   #5
BHPian

Bullet 500 is priced higher than the Classic 500. That is interesting. I believe that the export spec Bullet 500 is fuel injected unlike the domestic model which has a carb.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2016 at 12:12. Reason: Typo
Blazkowicz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:29   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Sorry, I missed out on seeing that it is EUR 6995. However, conversion from GBP to EUR is confusing as EUR prices seem high.
The site is actually split into 2. Northern Ireland which is in GBP and Republic of Ireland which is in Euro. Since these are On the Road prices, I assume they may include some additional taxes and stuff which explains the difference in amounts post a straight conversion. Just a guess.

Royal Enfield opens new store in Ireland-reireland3.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 21:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Pardon my ignorance but why are there two prices for Bullet Black and Green? One image shows GBP 3995 while other shows GBP 6495!
One pic shows Pounds and the other shows Euros.

Quote:

Export models are all 500 EFI none of them are 350 and none of them have Carbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
Bullet 500 is prices higher than the Classic 500. That is interesting. I believe that the export spec Bullet 500 is fuel injected unlike the domestic model which has a carb.
Yes sir you are correct. Carb model is only India specific.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield opens new store in Ireland

Happy to see the company expanding overseas.

I think other than the EFI, the export models may have better quality components also - like better tyres, better shock absorbers (Palioli may be?), better breaks etc. The Classic 500 in Satin battle Green looks perfect - IMHO, this is the most suited color for the classic. Happy to see that the company offers 2 year warranty in International markets also.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 3rd May 2016 at 13:12.
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks