Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 18:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Which Scooter? Suzuki Lets or TVS Scooty Zest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
We live in Mumbai where the traffic is pretty much stop and go throughout the day (more stop than go actually) balancing the scooter on just the toes may not be most comfortable imho.
What I wrote/meant was balancing by both side toes at a time. If you notice carefully, you'd see that with experience, one uses only one (left mostly) leg to balance a two-wheeler in stop-go traffic. The both-side technique comes to use when reversing or parking. When a person can have both toes on the ground at a time, he/she will easily be able to place one foot flat on the ground by tilting the scooter a bit. Most of the time, feet are on the footboard and only in some situations will one find the need to put both feet flat on ground together.

The case is different with ladies though. Ask your wife to borrow someone's scooter for 2-3 hours and cover at least 15-20 kms on it. Let her drive (err.. we car enthusiasts ) alone and frame an opinion about it. An Activa or Wego won't be very difficult to find. A long ride will give her an idea whether the seat height is fine or should be less or more. Let her take the final call.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 19:07   #17
BHPian

How about Yamaha Fascino? Is it not a bike designed with ladies in mind?
Old 13th May 2016, 19:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
How about Yamaha Fascino? Is it not a bike designed with ladies in mind?
Fascino is the exact same mechanicals as the Ray and Alpha scooters from the Yamaha stable with retro looks on it. It is infact lighter by 1kg compared to the Ray & the seat height is also pretty low which ensures the ladies are comfortable handling it in traffic. It looks good and even men are buying the Fascino owing to the Vespa-esque looks!!
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 23:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Looking to pick up a new small scooty for the wife. Priorities are weight, seat height and power. My wife is 5.1 feet tall. Weight and seat height requirements mean that the standard scooters like Activas/Jupiters/Wegos/Rays etc are out of contention

The wife seems most comfortable on the Suzuki Lets and the TVS Scooty Zest 110 in that order. The reviews online seem to favour the Zest over the Lets by the tiniest of margins.

Ive test ridden both the scooters and found the Suzuki Lets to be very peppy, smooth and light. The Zest is close behind (The zest i tested was brand new with only 1km on the clock so seemed a bit restricted and not as peppy. Would probably open up after a good run in)

Based on the Test rides alone, Im leaning towards picking up the Suzuki Lets but am a bit wary since its not a very popular model it may get discontinued or spares may be in an issue in the next couple of years. On the other hand, the Zest uses the Jupiter/Wego engine which is popular and will have support for a longer time IMO.

Pricewise both are relatively the same. Feature wise, The Zest has a bit more storage space, The Lets has a better locking system. All else is relatively similar,

Looking for any inputs from the members here or any experiences with the Suzuki Lets or the TVS Zest to help me close on a decision.

Thanks Guys!
Recently I went through with the same exercise when I was selecting a scooter for my wife. My wife's height is 5.5, she wants a scooter with less height and weight. We narrowed our options to TVS Scooty and Zest. She took a test drive she like Scooty than Zest, as she was very comfortable in driving, some how she felt Zest seating position is not that comfortable. Then she took a test drive of Jupiter and she liked it, but when my 2.6 year old daughter stood, her head was touching the handle bar. Then the sales representative asked my wife to take Wego new model with fully digital instrument cluster, which shows trip meter, odo, digital clock, service alerts, low fuel indicator, low battery indicator. She took a test drive of Wego and to my surprise she said she is much more comfortable than Scooty, zest and Jupiter. Even my daughter also comfortable at the front, as I noticed a little extra leg room you would get it.

I never expected my wife would select the wego, when I checked that vehicle and feature, I felt its VFM. It comes with fully metal body, same engine which is in Zest and Jupiter. More importantly it comes with body balance technology where you can drive this scooter even at 10kmph without keeping your foot down. We selected Deep Blue Color which is new. I would suggest check Wego also and decide. We purchased the Wego on April 21st, 2016. As of now we are satisfied.
pkothak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 07:05   #20
BHPian

Get the primary rider (your wife, mom, or whoever) to do the test ride. Once she settles on a shortlist - better go for an extended TD, and if you can rent or borrow the same model of vehicle for a couple of days, nothing like it. Best way to avoid buyer's remorse.

People vary in their ability to handle two wheelers, what seems light and easy to you may not be so for the other person.

Good luck!
Old 14th May 2016, 13:19   #21
BHPian

I think Yamaha Cygnus Ray ZR is the latest entrant and it is not very tall, take a TD with wife and then decide, as the engine is refined and if you have a service centre not far off from your place, it should be a good one. It looks great too and it is not that pricey too when compared to Vespa.
7heaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 13:49   #22
BHPian

I'm in the process for selecting one for my wife as well.

We're in the process of shortlisting between Hero Pleasure and the Fascino. We did test drive the zest, iActiva, gusto and letz.

I being a big fan of the Japanese, is biased towards the Yamaha, but the peppiness on the hero pleasure is simply irresistible. Not very happy with Yamaha, with respect to my FZ's service, hence would mostly end up with pleasure.

But you all know, who gets to make the final decision

Last edited by ramprakashr : 14th May 2016 at 13:51. Reason: Minor typos
Old 15th May 2016, 01:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[B
(While Delivery)
[/b]A basic check of the vehicle's manufacturing date should be sufficient.
If the scooter has variants do make sure you have been delivered the right one. (It can be difficult to determine for 2 wheelers compared to cars. For scooties the higher variants mostly have stuff like chrome guard in front and sides, different colored foot pegs, chrome guard over the exhaust pipe)
Thanks a lot for your inputs, will keep them in mind.
Test ride was taken for new access 125 and for yamaha fascino. Took the test ride for fascino only to compare its engine with access.
I actually felt the difference of 2 extra nm of torque that the 125cc engine had, better throttle response, also less vibrations (as compared to fascino).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
You are absolutely bang on with the Activa. Its a simple case of Great Product but Arrogant People to deal with (both sales and service). The Activa 125 is exorbitantly priced too.
Experienced their attitude day before yesterday when I went for a test drive just for comparison sake. As expected, the arrogance of the sales guy was felt immediately. We were denied a test ride stating honda does not provide test ride for its scooters. We left from there.
Tvs jupiter seemed a bit crammed for our heights, as I mentioned I am 6'2 and my brother is 6'3.
Even though I was looking for a 125cc scooty, still tvs jupiter was the only other scooty that I seriously considered apart from access as Mahindra's 125cc gusto is yet to arrive in delhi.
I really love the petrol tank access given at that back, you dnt even need to open the seat.
Moreover, the height of the handlebar of new access is more than any other scooty, felt good for our backs, we could sit and ride on it in a straight posture.
So new access 125 it will be. We will get it today, on our mother's birthday
Aksthedreamer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 01:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
I being a big fan of the Japanese, is biased towards the Yamaha, but the peppiness on the hero pleasure is simply irresistible. Not very happy with Yamaha, with respect to my FZ's service, hence would mostly end up with pleasure.

But you all know, who gets to make the final decision
Though the performance might not matter much to your wife, still at the price of fascino you can get better options. I was disappointed with fascino after a short test ride, the scooter was not too eager and did not respond well to the throttle input. I could also feel the vibrations. But yes, the quality of parts seemed good and the scooter was well built too.
Old 15th May 2016, 13:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
Congratulations and a great decision. Access is an underdog as all other Suzuki products. I still fail to understand why Suzuki is not keen on marketing and promoting their products which are absolute gem's.

Bad marketing and bad strategies make Suzuki really underachieve in our Indian markets. They have almost all great products, right from Shaolin, Fiero, Inazuma, GS150, Access and now the Gixxer. All suffer from bad strategic planning from Suzuki, even though all of the above products had/have the potential to be great legends.

Do post pics of your ride and ownership experience. Cheers !!
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 22:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new buy! Please let us know your initial impressions because I am looking to buy the new Access 125 at the end of this month.
Old 16th May 2016, 10:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the new Scoot!

Looks like we will finally be going with the TVS Zest 110 in the next couple of weeks. Seems to be the most practical and fun choice based on all reviews. Thanks for all your help guys!

Last edited by The Pain : 16th May 2016 at 10:38.
The Pain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 11:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the new Scoot!

Looks like we will finally be going with the TVS Zest 110 in the next couple of weeks. Seems to be the most practical and fun choice based on all reviews. Thanks for all your help guys!
Congratulations! I will look forward to your initial impressions of the Zest, as I am also planning to buy one after 2-3 months.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 16th May 2016, 14:26   #29
BHPian

TVS Wego would be my suggestion. My wife and Sister in Law's both own a Wego. Based on extensive test drives of almost all the available Scooters in 2014, they both decided to go ahead with Wego. Following are some reasons, why they like it:

1. Balanced Power. It doesn't make you feel going out of your hands like Activa.

2. Wego is very sleek, you can zip through easily in congested by lanes and traffic.

3. IIRC Wego is the only scooter which is in Full Metal. This thing makes it abuse friendly. Both our Wegos have been hit by some idiots on different occasions, left minor dents and scratches. Had it been fiber body, it surely would have cracked.

4. Amazing Body Balance. It actually works like a dream. Specially for female commuters, this scooter is a very easy to ride.

5. No maintenance apart from regular services in last 2 years. FE is 42-45 KMPL in Delhi and Mumbai Traffic.
napster1311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 09:45   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster1311 View Post
TVS Wego would be my suggestion. My wife and Sister in Law's both own a Wego. Based on extensive test drives of almost all the available Scooters in 2014, they both decided to go ahead with Wego. Following are some reasons, why they like it:

1. Balanced Power. It doesn't make you feel going out of your hands like Activa.

2. Wego is very sleek, you can zip through easily in congested by lanes and traffic.

3. IIRC Wego is the only scooter which is in Full Metal. This thing makes it abuse friendly. Both our Wegos have been hit by some idiots on different occasions, left minor dents and scratches. Had it been fiber body, it surely would have cracked.

4. Amazing Body Balance. It actually works like a dream. Specially for female commuters, this scooter is a very easy to ride.

5. No maintenance apart from regular services in last 2 years. FE is 42-45 KMPL in Delhi and Mumbai Traffic.

I'll second that. Wego is underrated. Some of the advantages

1) Telescopic suspension
2) Option of disc brakes
3) Mobile charger outlet
4) Tubeless Tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks