Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Which Scooter? Suzuki Lets or TVS Scooty Zest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Congratulations and a great decision. Access is an underdog as all other Suzuki products. I still fail to understand why Suzuki is not keen on marketing and promoting their products which are absolute gem's.
Thank you, yes I agree with the marketing and promoting part. Even the sales people were not too keen on selling their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avikbrio View Post
Congrats on your new buy! Please let us know your initial impressions because I am looking to buy the new Access 125 at the end of this month.
Thank you, will definitely mention the initial impressions of riding the scooter but more importantly will share the after sales experience with suzuki, which has been pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
Congrats on the new Scoot!

Looks like we will finally be going with the TVS Zest 110 in the next couple of weeks. Seems to be the most practical and fun choice based on all reviews. Thanks for all your help guys!
Thank you, Tvs zest seems to be a great buy.
To be honest, with the after sales experience that I had with suzuki, I now kind of regret not going with a tvs scooty!
Old 24th May 2016, 13:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Congratulations! I will look forward to your initial impressions of the Zest, as I am also planning to buy one after 2-3 months.

Cheers,
Vikram
IIRC , you own a Wego right ? Will the Zest be a replacement for Wego or an additional vehicle ?
Old 24th May 2016, 13:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
IIRC , you own a Wego right ? Will the Zest be a replacement for Wego or an additional vehicle ?
Not anymore. I sold it in 2013 and got myself an Apache 160. Wego was too hard on my back during the daily Kothrud-Kharadi-Kothrud commute.

The Zest will be used mostly for intra-Kothrud duties.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 24th May 2016 at 13:22.
Old 24th May 2016, 13:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The Zest will be used mostly for intra-Kothrud duties.
Aah Okay. Why not the Wego then ? Price difference is minimal. When I took a Test ride of the Wego , it was without a doubt, the most refined scooter I had ridden. Seriously. It would put butter to shame.
The reason I got a Jupiter instead was because the primary rider (wifey) did not want anything with dual colors or decals , and the Jupiter's seats felt much more plush.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 13:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Aah Okay. Why not the Wego then ...
Yes, the price difference is only about 3k. I am a little wary about getting the Wego again because my 1st experience with it wasn't exactly a bed of roses: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3094564

Another related post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3098988

I don't know if these problems were only in the initial lots, or if they still persist. All I know is I don't want to be a guinea pig again Also, my wife might be more comfortable on the Zest due to its lighter weight and more compact dimensions.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 24th May 2016 at 13:52.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 00:10   #36
BHPian

Friends - I am looking to buy scooter for wifey (school/groceries) and daughter (tutions)
Shortlisted for TVS Scooty Zest and Yanaha Rayz. After test driving, wifey shortlisted Zest 110. We would like to keep for at least 5-6yrs.

But, i see lot of reviews on scooty of battery problem/starter problems and lots floating in used market. Will Zest able to pull 120-140 total weight of 2 people. I am little worried.

Please advise.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:03   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Shortlisted for TVS Scooty Zest and Yanaha Rayz. After test driving, wifey shortlisted Zest 110. We would like to keep for at least 5-6yrs.

But, i see lot of reviews on scooty of battery problem/starter problems and lots floating in used market. Will Zest able to pull 120-140 total weight of 2 people. I am little worried.

Please advise.
Most scooters would be able to pull 120-140 kgs but I think 125cc ones would be able to do it with ease, without straining the engine. No major problem with Scooty Zest but it will be difficult to start from halt on an incline (with 140 kgs) due to the lesser engine capacity.

For longer term, I would recommend Ray because of the brand and the quality (and reliability) that comes with it. If you are fine with metal bodies, Wego can be given a try. Ray is a better selling product than Zest (at least in Haryana, where I have not seen more than two Zests but Ray is in abundance) and looks more-unisex (better value in used market).
Old 8th June 2016, 01:52   #38
BHPian

Why dont you consider honda activa-i ?

I recently purchased for my wife ( 5'3") and she is really happy with the decision. Earlier she was driving Wego in Bangalore, but after moving to Mumbai, she opted for activa-i. Except honda ASS, this model is giving around 55 km per liter for her daily airoli- thane distance. Current odo reading is 300 kms

I have owned Wego in 2011, enjoyed every bit of my ride . There were minor niggles related with Battery and engine oil seal leak. Wifey found a bit heavy to handle Wego.

Before purchasing Zest please make sure how stable is it driving on Mumbai highways. How it handles wind blast from overtaking vehicles.

I decided not to go with Lets due to monthly sales number which is around 2000. I felt suzuki can phase out this model and another thing i did not like is the fit and finish.

In the end buy one which is more stable for Mumbai roads. Driving condition varies between cities and driving on Mumbai highways is bit risky due to higher speed and cross winds
Old 12th July 2016, 22:13   #39
BHPian

Hello Guys,
A similar dilemma for me too. In the lookout for a scooty for my wife. Shortlisted the following:-
1. TVS Wego. A nice package with some additional features like body balancing technology and 12'' Alloys. Not so satisfied with the room offered in terms of footboard and lack of cubicles to hold knick knacks.

2. Yamaha Fascino. 'Cute' and Stylish. Bowled over by the looks but poor mileage feedback and a hefty price tag has resulted in a no go.

3. Suzuki Access. A wholesome package with some very useful accessories such as a charging port just below the handlebars. Only issue being the seat height that poses a problem to short height-ed individuals. Suzuki ASS can also be a headache since it's restricted to certain urban parts only.Hence discarded.

4. Hero Maestro Edge. A late inclusion in the shortlist but surprisingly efficient. Everything from utility to driving comfort is a notch above the rest. Specially like the multi purpose key that unlocks both the fuel cap (placed at the rear end of the seat) and the under seat storage. Hero ASS can be reliable. Price (OTR) is 62,648.

As of now we seem to be tilting towards the Maestro Edge.
Since there are a couple of weeks still left for us to take a final call, I request members to suggest / recommend / endorse the choices that I just mentioned.

Thank you
Old 5th August 2018, 19:55   #40
BHPian

Just like a few people here, we are planning for a light and low seating for my wife who is just 5'1''. But that is not the main issue.
She also doesn't know how to drive a 2-wheeler.

My plan is to teach her to ride the scooter after buying it.

Now based on the above feedback, which scooter should I buy?
I an inclined at buying TVS Scooty Pep+ as it has the least power and is light plus it has a low seating. Also it is at least Rs. 10,000-15,000 cheaper than the other scooters mentioned in this thread.

Another important aspect is the usage of the scooter. We are in Dwarka, Delhi and nothing is too far but nothing is too near. It will be used mostly to pickup and drop my son to and fro school bus stop(1 KM each way) and for the occasional vegetable/groceries shopping and similar kinds of ordeals. So I think the monthly running would be well within 100 kms.

So friends which scooter for my wife?
Old 5th August 2018, 20:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
Just like...

So friends which scooter for my wife?
Scooty Pep+... Is a brilliant choice for the requirement. No second thoughts.
ravradha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 12:38   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
Scooty Pep+... Is a brilliant choice for the requirement. No second thoughts.

Thanks Ravradha.

Another aspect which I didn't take into consideration earlier is how much weight can Scooty Pep+ take?

I am on the heavier side and my wife is no less. Our combined weight would be 150 kgs at least. So in a scenario where both of us are riding the scooter will it be able to carry us both and take some speed/pickup?

Last edited by shuvadips : 17th August 2018 at 12:40. Reason: Correct spelling
Old 17th August 2018, 12:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Just like a few people here...So friends which scooter for my wife?
The Scooty Zest 110 looks better and is well put together than the Pep+ and in some shades looks unisex. It's okay to shell out a bit more and be happier later than saving a few thousands and then not being happy with the purchase.

Also, having the least power isn't much of a requirement as once the skill is mastered, the throttle input can be adjusted easily by her.

Please check out both in person.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 19:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:

... be 150 kgs at least....
Pulling power is not an issue for 150 kgs+. But suspension is suspect. For shorter and occasional rides it's not an issue.
ravradha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 20:36   #45

Quote:
So in a scenario where both of us are riding the scooter will it be able to carry us both and take some speed/pickup?
We have a TVS ZEST, 2015 model, driven mostly by my wife. The ZEST's suspension is good to carry two adults & one kid easily and the pick-up is decent. The dirvebility is smoother and superior to Pep+ which is a bit hard to handle, especially in curves. Also, balancing ZEST is much easier than Pep+ in slow moving traffic. Couple of my cousins have moved from Pep+ to ZEST.
vnselvaraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks