Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2006, 20:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498
piddly eh!! looks like the place where u stay bro!! every one own a ducati 999... or a YZF R1..

I forgot for a moment i was in India... and were talking abt a 150cc..
Just FYI: in the 150 cc segment in India there is no bike which can out perform the Cbz..
No offence to anyone,

Yes very very piddly, There is no bike that beats the CBZ ? I think the RX 135 5 Speed still sells in India and it is in under 150 CC category.
If you have followed the way Honda has been making motorcycles the last 30 years there has never been an engine which is 160 CC, the multiples are 125, 175 , 250 and so on. So where did the CBZ get it's engine from ? maybe a motorboat or genset I recockon, that is why it probably does not even move like a bike should, but at that price can't expect marvels to happen.
Now, Where do I come from? I live in India 2 to 3 months of the year and the rest I live in Kansas as I run a business out of here,
where I live, engines are big, If you get a chance to come down to Kansas you can come and have a look at what a 1300 CC bike is supposed to sound and move like in the US.
YZF R1 is really a nice bike, one hell of a ride! but the cult status among bikers are Brands like MV Augusta, Benelli ,Ducati, Cagiva, Munch etc Japs make neat bikes and the fastest, but not the most glamorous.
Old 29th September 2006, 20:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

TEh videos in that link are teasers :(
Is the Pulsar 180 v3 out?

Ron have Complan, pls grow up.
Old 29th September 2006, 20:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

I m really waiting to see the bike and all the specification, i think we need something more than karizma, i was planning to buy comet but dropped the plan because of the reviews of poor service from kinetic, now i am really waiting to see something which is above Karizma and i hope this we will get something soon.

Last edited by pdev29 : 29th September 2006 at 20:40.
Old 29th September 2006, 21:24   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The site looked a bit circumspect, if you ask me.
Old 29th September 2006, 22:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Not right now dude , 0 - 60 in 6.5 is fast but not fastest , I guess....even apache or 150 DTsi can do the trick
Hey bro!!
although i feel like laughing.. not at u but at the general thought that people have.. that the apache and the pulsy150 have what it takes to outperform the cbz...

Just fyi.. I am biker from the core and I know what i am talking abt.. every sunday we have drags at the ITC Stretch.. in case u are unaware..the cbz is at par with the zma till 90kmph.. don't beleive ur ear's.. why not come one sunday to itc and see it ur self..
As far as the P150 and Apache are concerned... i will give both the bike 2 bike lenghts lead and still belt the crap outta them....

He he....
Cheers
Shrey
Old 29th September 2006, 22:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Not right now dude , 0 - 60 in 6.5 is fast but not fastest , I guess....even apache or 150 DTsi can do the trick
Not really bro, tried and tested...in 150 class as SSJR mentioned none can stand infront of a CBZ in outright performance i.e initial and topend both. One field where they can out perform a CBZ is fuel economy! 2stroke is a complete different ball game, cant be compared!

Last edited by The Wolf : 29th September 2006 at 22:27.
Old 29th September 2006, 22:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929RON
No offence to anyone,

Yes very very piddly, There is no bike that beats the CBZ ? I think the RX 135 5 Speed still sells in India and it is in under 150 CC category.
If you have followed the way Honda has been making motorcycles the last 30 years there has never been an engine which is 160 CC, the multiples are 125, 175 , 250 and so on. So where did the CBZ get it's engine from ? maybe a motorboat or genset I recockon, that is why it probably does not even move like a bike should, but at that price can't expect marvels to happen.
Now, Where do I come from? I live in India 2 to 3 months of the year and the rest I live in Kansas as I run a business out of here,
where I live, engines are big, If you get a chance to come down to Kansas you can come and have a look at what a 1300 CC bike is supposed to sound and move like in the US.
YZF R1 is really a nice bike, one hell of a ride! but the cult status among bikers are Brands like MV Augusta, Benelli ,Ducati, Cagiva, Munch etc Japs make neat bikes and the fastest, but not the most glamorous.
Hey Ron!!
looks like ur knowledge of bikes in India is very limited.. may be cuz ur in the states that's why!!!

FIRSTLY, I was not aware of the fact that anyone who rides a bike would in the sane mind frame compare a 2ST WITH A 4ST...

SECONDLY, u think when a bike is called a 150cc the engine capacity is exactly 150cc .. lemme give u some examples... the P150 is a sub 150 cc bike its a 148cc bike, the cbz is a 158.6 cc bike.. a ZMA is not a 250 cc its a 223cc...

For eg in cars.. the maruti 800 is not a 800 cc engine, a maruti 1000 was not a 1000cc engine, THE HONDA CITY VTEC IS NOT A 1500 CC engine but all of them respectively belong to the following classes, 800cc, 1L,and the 1.5L class

Dunno abt Kansas!! cuz i did my graduation from NYU.. so dont know much abt the US.. or what a 1300cc bike should sound
but just to enlighten some souls here ... the CBZ engine is NOT TAKEN FROM A GENSET OR MOTORBOAT... EVER HEARD OF THE HONDA CB150F.. I GUESS NOT!! Thats a MOTOCROSS BIKE.... google it up..

SOME great man had once said.. WHEN U LIVE IN ROME, LIVE LIKE A ROMAN..
I am now in India so lemme talk here abt indian bikes.. not to mention..I used to ride a Aprillia in the US..

For me looks are not that important.. for eg.. the apache looks good and so does the pulsar, but they get beaten outright by the cbz.. but for some people the looks are damn important... nt performance.. plus not everyone in the US also can afford the "CULT" bikes...

Someone tell me.. doesnt "THE DOCTOR" ride a YAM!!!

Cheers
Shrey

PS: no offence to anyone

Last edited by F50 : 29th September 2006 at 23:48.
Old 29th September 2006, 23:43   #23
BANNED

Quote:
No offence to anyone,
The cult status among bikers are Brands like MV Augusta, Benelli ,Ducati, Cagiva, Munch etc Japs make neat bikes and the fastest, but not the most glamorous.
You cannot say no offence, and pass around nasty comments about any bike. Any CBZ owner would be offended when you say, its powered by a genset engine.
I rarely see a MV Augusta in Malibu, & Hollywood. Even the hollywood stars love and ride japs with lots of mods. CBZ performs the job it was designed for - very well. At today's gas prices, I would love to have my VFR give me CBZ mileage.
Old 30th September 2006, 00:53   #24
BHPian

My personal Opinion was the CBZ is a bad bike, cos I have riden it when I was with my brother back in India,
We rather not get into the college boys conversations like my bikes is better and what not,
People have their opinion, People in the US for ex: Forbes says Elantra is one of the worst cars made ever, they have their reasons and different ways of analysing. If I say that Elantra owners in India who are very happy with their cars as it serves their purpose will jump on me, but that still wont make it a good car for me.
In my analysis the Hero Hondas don't come anywhere close to what i expect from a bike, maybe I dont care about Gas prices as It does not affect my life on a daily basis, as I don't ride a bike to work. I have never measured the mileage on any bike I had in the last 5 years. Its a product of luxury and is used sparingly, so who cares.
People might say who cares what I analyse, but I think i can cos I live both in India and in US because of business needs,have riden bikes from both places as I am a biker at heart, then the place I live is completely different from India, currency, availablity, affordability etc etc.

One small thing, I can see the energy some people have when they describe on how good their 150 CC indian bike is, it's all good, but after one has changed at least 4 to 5 superbikes in life, the smaller bikes are quite forgetable unless they did some great tyre burning like the RD maybe. At least I am like that.
My younger brother stopped riding his RX after we got a CBR 600 in Bangalore, its obvious. He sold it off at probably 25% the money he had spent on it, but that was really a nice bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas

Ron have Complan, pls grow up.
HE HE , at times its fun to get the pulses raising,life's a little boring without controversy, was just having some fun, nothing personal, I got myself a lesson on what CC was and etc etc, fun thing is my teacher should come to see the racing culture where I live, I don't really talk about the Stuff I have back here on the forum, cos at times it may look like show off to some, but I have had my share of some proper Dirt bike crashes in my days and still own a KX250 which is kept in Cedar Rapids as that's where I grew up and my motocross buddies live.
I am a member at the Kansas City Speedway and go Nascar Racing at times,but at an amateur level, if people want I can post some pics of me on Track.

It's my days off work, so have time to post a lot.

Last edited by 929RON : 30th September 2006 at 01:06.
Old 30th September 2006, 01:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498

... the CBZ engine is NOT TAKEN FROM A GENSET OR MOTORBOAT... EVER HEARD OF THE HONDA CB150F.. I GUESS NOT!! Thats a MOTOCROSS BIKE.... google it up..
Dont mean to interrupt, but, As far as I know Honda never made a 150 CC dirt bike in this lifetime, not 2S not 4S, or maybe I am wrong, but google says.......

Your search - honda cb150f - did not match any documents.

ssjr0498 : Are you sure ? cos I know what a CBZ is and I know very well what 125 CC dirt bikes are capable of, they are completely different engines, blocks, stroke length, valve timing, carbs, you name it.
Old 30th September 2006, 01:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

RON dude, what are you trying to say my dear pal, compare apples to apples and not jack fruits?? Ok agreed cbz is a bad bike, as you say...but before you call something bad would appreciate if you could give reasons considering which you would call it bad. Tell me what more do you expect from that 150cc street bike from what it has to offer??

According to me, its fairly stylish, pretty decently powered(no 150cc four stroke has outrun it wrt performance in almost 6 or so yrs here!), handles like a gem and gives fairly good FE...

ssjr0498, guess you got it wrong, CBZ engine comes from CRF150F moto bike.

Last edited by The Wolf : 30th September 2006 at 01:28.
Old 30th September 2006, 01:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Lets not jump to any conclusions as yet. Too much speculation has been done on the pulsar F1. I avoid any news and threads on it. I know everything on the bike, but yet to see them on the roads.

Wait and watch what HH comes out with, although I personally feel it could be 250+ else it might canabalise the Karizma sales. They haven't even showcased the bike. We could brainstorm the pros and cons once that happens. Too early to write home about or write off the new CBZ.
I guess, this thread is also going to be on my ignore list. Guys, why dont we just hold off till the bike is shown in flesh?? Why this speculation over something that has not seen the light of the day?

Our BHPians have already travelled to US and fro arguing over the CBZ. The focus seems to be on foreign honda which cannot be compared to our bikes and is unrelevant on this thread. This is my last post till the bike is released or someone comes up with a full test ride.

I will spend time sensibly else where to improve my knowledge on cars & bikes.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 30th September 2006 at 01:35.
Old 30th September 2006, 01:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
According to me, its fairly stylish, pretty decently powered(no 150cc four stroke has outrun it wrt performance in almost 6 or so yrs here!), handles like a gem and gives fairly good FE...
Yeah CBZ is a decent bike, was first of it's kind , and it started a revolution to a certain extent.
Our bikes will never be great cos the market is different, but there is some movement now.
However the statement that CBZ handles like a Gem is not really true, at times that bike can get real twitchy, maybe because of its Chasis.
Cradle type chasis are much more rigid as they are one peice and handle better.
The weight distribution also is very uneven, maybe because of all those looks they tried to get out of a bike which was not meant to be that heavy, the amount of force you feel on your arms when you brake hard is not the same as your body, a bike has to feel one piece, not different parts going in different directions, Maybe I cant put it together very well in words but a biker will know what I meant.
Verdict : CBZ does well for stock performance and what it costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf

ssjr0498, guess you got it wrong, CBZ engine comes from CRF150F moto bike.
I take my words back about Honda not having a 150 dirt bike

Last edited by blueraven316 : 30th September 2006 at 01:46.
Old 30th September 2006, 04:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One small thing, I can see the energy some people have when they describe on how good their 150 CC indian bike is, it's all good, but after one has changed at least 4 to 5 superbikes in life, the smaller bikes are quite forgetable unless they did some great tyre burning like the RD maybe. At least I am like that.
If you think Indian cars and bikes are piddly, then may I ask what you are on this forum for?? This is a forum for discussing (mostly) Indian cars and bikes. If you think there is something wrong with the CBZ compared to P150, Apache etc please explain in detail based on your analysis.

Any jack who works in Walmart for minimum wage can buy a superbike in the US. I can show you 100 superbikes in India which are better than whatever it is that you have.

The CBZ was a revolutionary bike when it came out because it was the first 4 stroke bike that was not built for FE but for performance. The 150cc class remains one of the hotly contested classes in India and also generates good sales volume.

Last edited by Mpower : 30th September 2006 at 04:11.
Old 30th September 2006, 12:27   #30
BHPian

Hmm! Well people are getting personal, I did not mean this.

I was just giving a point of view and some people seem to be too sensitive to it. I apologise if I really hurt anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Any jack who works in Walmart for minimum wage can buy a superbike in the US. I can show you 100 superbikes in India which are better than whatever it is that you have.
Sir, you don't even know who i am am, not met me, I don't mean to be rude to you, but I have never met any jack working in a walmart riding a superbike till date,I have lived in the US for last 12 years, just like India this place also has a niche category of people who ride superbikes,just that its lot more in numbers than india cos of the easier availability and parts backup.
And hey, any jack in walmart can't buy 4 cars including a classic V8 and 2 superbikes, don't think an average Walmart employee can afford that, and average jacks don't get to drive Nascars and hey what are we going to get by saying things to eachother.
Now lets not start comparing what people have and what people don't, I personally know people in India itself who have better bikes than me can ride very well to match with that.
My idea is not to put anyone down and If I did, Sorry !

P.S: Come to Kansas, your views will change, I am not the kind you are thinking I am.

Last edited by 929RON : 30th September 2006 at 12:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks