Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2006, 18:09   #46
BHPian

The overall look of the speedo console looks really cheap and tacky.

Is this one of HH's last shot at resurfacing in the market using a once popular bike? Well its done a very bad job then
Old 9th October 2006, 18:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

I am back on the thread...

Now we have enough ground to talk. If this retains the 14BHP, I think its a no go with bikers. HH disappointed us yet again with this. No great looks either. Cant they come out with atleast a 180 CC to take on the pulsar??

I had put the new CBZ website on my favourites. Off it goes to the thrash.
Old 9th October 2006, 18:33   #48
BHPian

HH has always made a fool out of themselves after the CBZ. no offence to nybody i bought the CBZ in 2000 & have done 88k+ on that. cities, states u name it. till now gives me between 39-41 kmpl.

the minute HH announced about the ZMA being launched i was one of the first to rush for a test drive, but honestly it was more of an auto rickshaw than a bike. the front fairing was so straight & tall, looked like it was an airbrakehttp://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/su27/su276.html Never seen a sports bike with such absurd fairing. though i love the engine there's nothing that visually puts CBZ to competition just like the old lancer (pre 2003) which still rocks.

they just kept launching dawn, dusk & what not. sorry to say but guess bajaj is gonna kick their a$$ big time in the near future. should i say the only reason HH is goin stong is because of their sub 100 cc class.

& as they say cherry on the cake $UCK@ BIG TIME even with everything advertised.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 9th October 2006 at 18:41.
Old 9th October 2006, 18:35   #49
BHPian

What a let down. I am hoping that the bike looks good on road.
I like my silver CBZ better than this one.
What a let down.
Old 9th October 2006, 18:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Front image. Source: http://rearset.blogspot.com/

Its priced at Rs 54,500/- (Disc Kick version) and Rs 56,500/- (Disc Self version) ex-showroom Delhi

Last edited by mail4ajo : 9th October 2006 at 18:50.
Old 9th October 2006, 18:56   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
HH has always made a fool out of themselves after the CBZ. no offence to nybody i bought the CBZ in 2000 & have done 88k+ on that. cities, states u name it. till now gives me between 39-41 kmpl.

they just kept launching dawn, dusk & what not. sorry to say but guess bajaj is gonna kick their a$$ big time in the near future. should i say the only reason HH is goin stong is because of their sub 100 cc class.

& as they say cherry on the cake $UCK@ BIG TIME even with everything advertised.
Actually the reason HH is still alive and doing well is because of the long time faith and respect it commands.

Brand loyalty is a lot in India. And especially with the lower end 100 cc bikes..... Many many people still buy HH bikes only for that.... the long term reliability... and the good name HH has.

While HH is to be commended for bringing out 100cc bikes and making them popular, I feel they have failed to keep with the times.... They havent introduced any new technology in ages !!
Old 9th October 2006, 20:44   #52
BHPian

that really looks tacky . the front is an untidy job do we find any takers for this in our forum
Old 9th October 2006, 21:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008
Many many people still buy HH bikes only for that.... the long term reliability... and the good name HH has.
The main reason why I choose an Ambition over a Pulsar. Good service and spares quality and availability was another. If I had fallen for the gorgeous looks, I would have been stuck with the Pulsar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008
They havent introduced any new technology in ages !!
Nikhil,get your facts right Dont you know that fuel injection in indian bikes was introduced recently by HH. Bajaj has given diehard indian bikers ladoo by not releasing the Fi on time.
Old 9th October 2006, 22:55   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Nikhil,get your facts right Dont you know that fuel injection in indian bikes was introduced recently by HH. Bajaj has given diehard indian bikers ladoo by not releasing the Fi on time.
Am sooooo sorry....it completely slipped my mind.... I really am.

Ok....let's leave that aside..... What other new things have they brought into the market in the past 3-4 yrs ??

While Bajaj revolutionised the market with so many things..... HH hasnt done much....
Old 9th October 2006, 23:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
  • Side looks a - la- apache except for the the tail lamp portion.
Yes i agree with you..Profile looks very similar to the Apache..

I think the new Super cbz looks pretty ordinary...nothing like the super variety!!!
But the catch is that HH has put bits and pieces of all the available styles..
Bit here , Bit from there..!!

Itwill sell good for ppl who are HH loyal fans ...

But whats with the taillights..!!! they look weird!
but i really prefer the apache in the 150 segment..
its got good styling and also very attractive ..

HH has yet again really let us down with a 150cc engine.. just like the yamaha with the dislikes of gladiator....

I am really losing my hopes with the indian bike scene....
Looks like the dream of India evolving in the bike scene will remain a dream for a loong time...

Last edited by babe_on_wheels : 9th October 2006 at 23:39.
Old 10th October 2006, 00:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels
I am really losing my hopes with the indian bike scene....
Looks like the dream of India evolving in the bike scene will remain a dream for a loong time...
Indian bike Evolution is certainly going to be slow due the fact that the market is volume driven. Ours is a commuter market. Bikes are common man's vehicles unlike the US where only financially sound and serious people buy bikes.

Hence indian companies will come out with bikes that they feel can sell keeping in mind the cost of production, marketing expenses, margin etc. If a Pulsar Fi takes so long to be launched, I can expect to see a true Indian litre class bike when my new born baby turns 20.

If HH or Honda was to sell CBR's in India now, how many bhpians can afford to buy, run and maintain them. If even many can, who will care to? They would rather invest in 100bhp+ midsize car with all the goodies.

I know this is major gyan, but dont expect anything radical in our biking scene in the next few years except for some Indian clones and direct imports by the manufacturers.
Old 10th October 2006, 00:53   #57
BHPian

Not really expecting a huge difference in the market..
But my issue is even with contenders like the pulsar 180, why are they still coming up with 150cc...
If not higher than the 223cc atleast a 180 type??? just to be in competition...
dont they have commuter class HH SUPER SPLENDOUR and its stereotypes??
Old 10th October 2006, 04:48   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR
Don't mean to offend CBZ lovers. It was one hell of a bike in terms of looks and performance. But somehow, I went for the Fiero Classic back in 2000.

The CBZ might out do the P150s and Apaches but not the Fiero classic. I have dragged several times and also had roll ons, no other 150cc 4S bike in India beats the Fiero classic. P150s are peanuts, the Fiero classic gives BAL a run for their money even when riding with pillion. And it's not surprising to see a cult following for the Fiero classic. It is still the most preffered bike for Motocrosses. Probably "Fieroid" can vouch for what I'm saying. He's the dude who's modded his Fiero classic with a 300cc V-twin!

PS: I don't not wish to indulge in "my bike's better than yours" type of arguments.
right-on. yeah the fiero's engine still outclasses the best bikes in business even today. No wonder they simply win races and track events. However I cant talk about the crappy F2 that TVS made...The new CBZ is on the same lines. I always wished a bike with a fiero's engine and the CBZ's engine....but but the new CBZ has just put me down. its really sad. anyways we were planning on making a 180cc cbz for my pal...now we will make it sooner.
BTW - i own a 200cc 18bhp fiero single cylinder capable of doing a true 135kmph easily . the v-twin is a project bike with venu(my pal and a member here) who built it.
Old 10th October 2006, 10:39   #59
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i have followed the indian bike scene since my college days and starting from 1992, i have owned a Kawasaki RTZ Delta, Yam RD 350, Suzuki Shogun and a first gen Pulsar 180. All great bikes in their own terms and have also ridden the CBZ around quite a bit. Now this new CBZ is a total dissapointment! Looks-wise its nothing to write home about. Just look at the silencer styling...even basic BAL bikes have better exhausts! and a 150CC..?! what is HH thinking about...this should make BAL and TVS dealers very happy! I dont think Yamaha is a contender here at all cause they have crappy looking bikes that look like bugs and crawl like them too! I think its time for Yamaha to wake up and show everyone whats its all about! And how about Suzuki...have you guys seen their new bikes ?! Makes me wanna throw up...!! Wheres their Apache/Pulsar contender ?! Whys the indian bike scene so weird !?

Last edited by NIP : 10th October 2006 at 10:41.
Old 10th October 2006, 10:57   #60
BHPian

another "beautiful" example of indian auto industry standards going downwards.

i mean ny tom, dick & harry would have told them which bike looks better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks