Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2016, 14:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited View Post
I've switched to the mirrors of the new Avenger and they make a HUGE difference.
Do they come in black? Some photos please...
Old 26th July 2016, 14:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The new avenger has blacked out mirrors.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 14:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Dheeraj,
Check out the Bajaj Avenger Street mirrors, they are blacked out and looks appropriate for the Himalaya.
The bajaj V15 also has a similar styled but slightly smaller ones and come in plastic back instead of the metal ones like the Street mirrors.

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-avengerstreet220style.jpg

Image Courtesy: http://www.bikesindia.org/uploads/im...-220-style.jpg

The cost of Avenger Street mirrors are around 780 for a pair in Namma Bengaluru

Last edited by ku69rd : 26th July 2016 at 15:05. Reason: Updating the cost
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 16:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
The field of view is really good. Makes a world of difference compared to the stock mirrors.

Attachment 1533676

Attachment 1533677

Attachment 1533678

Congrats brother, This bike is really comfortable esp for a 6"2' like me but the puny engine and unrefined engine from RE doesn't do justice to the bike.

IMHO, the rear of the bike most attractive, with those rugged tires, reminds me of a motocross dirt bike.

Check out the RE Himalayan with Akrapovic exhaust, who knows could be your next mod. It sounds mean for a single cylinder.

Source: Rushlane

http://www.rushlane.com/royal-enfiel...-12200703.html

Just wondering, have you given bar end mirrors a try? they look sporty and cool. Wish you many happy miles on your new acquisition.

drive_angry
Old 16th September 2016, 02:34   #35
BHPian

It's been a while since I posted something about Bagheera. I was busy with work and life and so it has been.
Bagheera is doing great and as I have always said I am mighty impressed.
1900 km Update:
+ There are no creeks or lose nuts or bolts. All parts are intact.
+ Ride is comfortable and the sweet spot is at the 90s.
+ Mileage is around 31 - 33kmpl

- When the engine warns up well especially in heavy traffic, the great shifts become very hard and noisy. Shifting between first and second gear is a real pain. Finding neutral becomes hard too leaving you frustrated to the core. Even though i have my rubber gear cover on, my leather shoes have torn where it comes to contact while shifting gears.
- very mild oil seepage around the RHS engine cover.
- the front mudguard is narrow and it does not protect from water splashing from the front wheel. It send out a heavy splash of water and wets the shoes badly.
- I had changed to the continental GT rear view mirrors. They have started vibrate a bit.

Other niggles faced:
This happened thrice. The bike stalls while on the run as the power cuts off and the instrument cluster turns off. In a few seconds the instrument cluster comes back to life. Got the wrong checked after it haplotypes for the second time and the mechanic said all was fine. It occurred again yesterday and I took it to the service center to check. They have spoken with the territory service manager and have asked me to bring the bike for a thorough inspection next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1473973460640.jpg  

Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 07:39   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Does your motorcycle have a "safety side stand switch" which prevents the engine from running if the side stand is down?

I ask because the regular Royal Enfields sold in the USA have this switch.

It is notorious for causing short power losses which cause the engine to stumble.

Some of us try to adjust its position so that it takes more than a few jiggles of the side stand to shut off the power.
Others, like me, totally disconnected it by unplugging the wire from the switch to the main wiring harness.

While trying to ride my RE with the sidestand down is dangerous, I consider it less dangerous than having the engine quit while I'm near drivers in their cages (auto's).
ArizonaJim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 08:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
Does your motorcycle have a "safety side stand switch" which prevents the engine from running if the side stand is down?
Afaik, they are more of an indicator. They don't prevent the engine from running if the side stand is down.

I have started the motorcycle many times on the side stand.
Old 16th September 2016, 08:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
Does your motorcycle have a "safety side stand switch" which prevents the engine from running if the side stand is down?.
No, as maker of things has stated, is just an indication. My suspicion is that there could be some loose connections in the instrument cluster.

I missed to mention this. Last Saturday evening the headlight didn't turn on while on low beam. I had to ride with the high beam on but I was pretty sure that the low beam couldn't have gone kaput so quickly. I was playing with the high and low beam switch and suddenly the low beam burns. I have mentioned this to the service center as well. Will post updates after the check up next week.
Old 16th September 2016, 10:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:

And finally, that's my garage.

Attachment 1514567
Nice crisp review.

This is sorta off topic:

That is a t.i.g.h.t. fit for the Ford Ecosport. I'm curious to find out how you park it each time without it kissing the wall.

Old 16th September 2016, 10:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post

That is a t.i.g.h.t. fit for the Ford Ecosport. I'm curious to find out how you park it each time without it kissing the wall.
Ha ha. Many asked the same q. It's practice. Also I am damn slow when I park and that helps. I have rarely kissed the wall gently but it doesn't hurt the car as I am dead slow and it's the number plate that comes in contact with the wall.
Old 16th September 2016, 12:18   #41
BHPian

Some stuff that I have bought for Bagheera.

BTWIN 500 cable bike lock:
MRP: ₹1500
SALE PRICE: ₹400
Shop: Decathlon, Poonamallee, Chennai

We have CCTV setup in our flat now but I feel it's better to have additional safety to secure our stuff especially when away from town.
Saw this lock in decathlon for a mouth watering price. It's heavy and really strong but has been discontinued now I guess as it's too heavy to carry around. But for me it was not a problem as I wanted it for use while parked at home and not to carry out around. I don't use it daily but when I go out of station. Being black it's not visible unless you look closely. I use the lock to chain the rear wheel to the frame and it hides nicely below the battery compartment. It's 1 metre long and very thick.

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474007936760.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474007955368.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474007978039.jpg

Hydration pouch:

BTWIN BLADER 500
CAPACITY: 2 LTRS
MRP: ₹1500
SALE PRICE: ₹800
Shop: Decathlon, Poonamallee, Chennai

Bought this hydration pouch to quench my thirst on the drive. I didn't go for the one with the bag as I have a small bag which I guess will help. Have not used it yet and hence cant comment.

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474008387184.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474008407835.jpg

Last edited by Jude300 : 16th September 2016 at 12:32.
Old 16th September 2016, 12:26   #42
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
Other niggles faced:
This happened thrice. The bike stalls while on the run as the power cuts off and the instrument cluster turns off. In a few seconds the instrument cluster comes back to life. Got the wrong checked after it haplotypes for the second time and the mechanic said all was fine. It occurred again yesterday and I took it to the service center to check. They have spoken with the territory service manager and have asked me to bring the bike for a thorough inspection next week.
Jude, Hello to you! The issue which you are facing is the same i faced with my Duke 390. Please check the wire harness from Engine Kill switch that connects to fuse box. Mine had a loose connection of which the bike shuts down and starts by itself due to loose contact.

I am kilkattalai and wish to meet you soon in person.
Old 16th September 2016, 12:30   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Jude, Hello to you! The issue which you are facing is the same i faced with my Duke 390. Please check the wire harness from Engine Kill switch that connects to fuse box. Mine had a loose connection of which the bike shuts down and starts by itself due to loose contact.

I am kilkattalai and wish to meet you soon in person.
Thanks CGB for the info. I ll ask the service guys to check that.

Sure we can meet some time. I come to work to Kandanchavadi. I'll pm you my mobile
Old 16th September 2016, 12:52   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

That hydration bag you have is super value for the coin. The pipe's great, you can smoke that water down like a cuban. Pouring water in with that clip style sealer is a cinch. And absolutely no leaks.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 16:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I missed to mention this. Last Saturday evening the headlight didn't turn on while on low beam. I had to ride with the high beam on but I was pretty sure that the low beam couldn't have gone kaput so quickly. I was playing with the high and low beam switch and suddenly the low beam burns. I have mentioned this to the service center as well. Will post updates after the check up next week.
Have you been doing much riding in the rains? I faced a similar issue on my older classic 500, it used to turn off when I switched to high beam and then wouldn't turn on again at all. I looked at the fuses turned out one of them controlling the lights had been fused. I replaced, and it happened again. I then checked the headlight socket. The bulb turned out to be the culprit as its sockets were corroded.

I'd suggest you take a look at the major sockets and connectors and fuses as well. Some people did face the issue of their Himalayan shutting down randomly, which was resolved by replacing the main fuse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks