Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2016, 18:35   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker_of_things View Post
Have you been doing much riding in the rains? The bulb turned out to be the culprit as its sockets were corroded.

I'd suggest you take a look at the major sockets and connectors and fuses as well. Some people did face the issue of their Himalayan shutting down randomly, which was resolved by replacing the main fuse.
Yup, though not much but I have taken the bike in the recent rains. I ll do the suggested check myself first. Thanks for the info.
Old 26th September 2016, 12:06   #47
BHPian

I took my bike for checking a couple of things last week.

1. Hard clutch lever
They have solved this now. They have checked the clutch plate and found no issues there. However one small fix has remarkably sorted out the issue. The clutch cable comes tired along with other cables below the handle bar. They just let clutch cable untied and now its much easier. They had adjusted the clutch play as well.

2. Seepage of oil from RHS engine case:
There was very little oil seepage from the right engine case. They have now put a new bleeding and paste and it's fixed now.

3. Engine cut-off while running:
I had reported that the bike stalls while running. They have checked the wiring harnesses. No stalling since Friday.

4. Low beam not working:
The filament had gone kaput and they replaced the bulb free of cost. I insisted them to dig in to the root cause of the bulb going kaput so soon. They said they have checked everything and all is fine.

5. Hard gear shifts:
Nothing much has changed here. Still the shifts are hard in city traffic. On long drives on highway which I did during the weekend the shifts are smooth and easy.

I received the crash guard from the guy in Cochin and installed them today at the ASC.

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474870932262.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474870960690.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474870981628.jpg

I also installed the heel guard ₹263

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474871249933.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474871740570.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-1474871081577.jpg  

Last edited by Jude300 : 26th September 2016 at 12:15.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 19:44   #48
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home

Hello Jude,

Thanks for sharing your ownership experience thread. As a new owner of Himalayan I found the thread immensely useful to go over! Please keep sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
- fuel indicator drops quickly post the half mark disproportionate to the miles covered
I am seeing this issue now in my bike. Fuel indicator is showing almost empty and in red. But the fuel knob is not yet turned around for reserve. Did the RE service center manage to fix this issue? I am hoping at least the reserve fuel knob works as expected as the fuel indicator clearly doesn't.
Old 21st January 2018, 10:35   #49
BHPian

It's been some time since I posted an update here. Almost forgot I did this post.

Got a call from RE saying they are doing a camp to assess 3 parts in the bike and do a free replacement if required. I couldn't understand all the 3 but one is the gear indicator sensor. They offered a free pick up and drop. They have taken the bike and should receive it today. Will post an update then.

Happy to see the company coming forward to do the voluntary recalls.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 06:32   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't recall seeing the link I'm giving below before on the forum.
If it has already been posted, please forgive me.

The link is to a Royal Enfield site where SIDDHARTHA LAL, CEO, ROYAL ENFIELD explains the thinking behind the Himalayan.

It is a quick read and gives some good insight into why the motorcycle is what it is (and what it isn't).

https://royalenfield.com/usa/motorcy...yan-adventure/
ArizonaJim is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 00:53   #51
BHPian

HI!
Is this engine guard the one offered as an RE accessory?
Does it protrude sideways out too much? Was wondering if the crash guard/engine protector is intrusive while riding?
Old 31st March 2018, 06:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
HI!
Is this engine guard the one offered as an RE accessory?
Does it protrude sideways out too much? Was wondering if the crash guard/engine protector is intrusive while riding?
No it doesn't protrude to much and is not obtrusive while riding.
Old 20th September 2018, 08:00   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi @jude300,
I guess you have gone past the 2 year ownership period of the bike. How's it holding up? How's the maintenance coming up for the bike - any niggles or regular issues?

Been on the fence for a while, I'm planning to head to the showroom to do the test drive this weekend; and if I like it (which I have very less doubt), I'll be more or less booking one.
Old 17th August 2022, 10:31   #54
BHPian

It's been years since I updated this page and years since I got the 'My Time' with the bike, which had now happened. As the country celebrated the Independence day I am celebrating my Independence week with Bagheera, me in Ernakulam and family in Chennai.

6 year old Bagheera still serves me we. No breakdowns and fuss free ownership. Only downside was the shabby service at the dealership. The usage has been very low as I don't use it much within the city and thus have clocked only a little over 7.5k kms.

Apart from regular engine oil and filter changes, Cone set and fuel pipe replaced at 7100kms. Carburettor was cleaned once after I had kept it unused for an extended period.

Added the prospec easy clutch (long version) recently and it has eased the clutch effort a bit. Seriously feel it is heavily overpriced at 3300.

Replaced stock headlight bulb with Led Nighteye bulb and it has improved the visibility. But the bulb is a tight fit in to the headlight cowl, may its just the case with the BS3 version.

Found out a reliable seller in Chennai of spares from whom I had ordered Guardian Gears tank bag for Rs.1600, single Night Eye bulb for Rs. 800, handle bar riser for Rs. 1500 and RE HIMALAYAN genuine hand guard for Rs. 2200. He supplies genuine stuff at discounted price for all motorcycles and will also ship it via courier.

Coming back to the bike, the performance is still good while the noisy engine is sometimes irritating. The clunky gearshift is a trademark but I have managed to get a slightly smoother shifts by following some suggestions from youtubers. Bagheera still runs on stock rubbers and brake pads. It still feels good to ride it despite it being far from refinement unlike a Honda.

Now brought it to Ernakulam where it is enjoyable to ride in the winding roads that go up and down. It feels more connected to thus terrain and climate. Need to see how it fares in the torrential rainy season. To keep my seats dry fit additional autofoam seat covers for the Himalayan. Only a good rain will tell if it is worth it.

Some pics from yesterday after a wash and my silicone spray treatment.

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-20220816_135703.jpg

Still looks as good as new

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-20220816_135943.jpg

With the double decker
Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-20220816_153007.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-20220816_152927.jpg

Yours truly
Royal Enfield Himalayan Ownership Thread - Bagheera comes home-20220816_152556.jpg

P.S. Just noticed after posting this, it is my 410th post here and Bagheera is 410CC

Last edited by Jude300 : 17th August 2022 at 10:42.
Jude300 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks