Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2016, 13:45   #31
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield Himalayan Toureview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Those are sleeping bags. Listed price is for 1 5L can
Hi Rajiv,

Did you get the knuckle protectors/handguards from Aliexpress as well? Can you please send me the link? I was planning to install the ones from the Duke 390 on my Himalayan but wasn't sure if they would fit right?
Old 13th June 2016, 16:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ijeet, will share pics as soon as I mount it. Meanwhile here's the link to the product

http://s.aliexpress.com/UzAV3mYZ
RotoPax Replica, great. I hope its as sturdy as the real thing. Thanks to Aliexpress we can get this stuff in our country. Hows the sitting position with the tank mounted? is it fouling with your knee?

Thanks for the reply Rajiv. Hope you are having great trip. Don't forget to post loads of pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
the jerry can looks really good.
is there any lockable mechanism ? Im thinking if anyone can just unscrew the main latch and take aware the whole can ?

I found similar variant (but bigger 20L capacity) with built-in lock in that latch.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-...347234625.html
I think this listing is only for the latch. Tank is not included

-Ijeet
Old 13th June 2016, 17:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
I think this listing is only for the latch. Tank is not included

-Ijeet
hhmm... I just read the description, indeed its only 2 x lockable latches / mounting for the 20L/30L can. in one of the Feedback section, the Seller had quoted that only mounting is offered and not the canister. in that case the price seems too much just for the mountings, and even not sure if they will fit the 5L cans!
Old 13th June 2016, 19:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
Hi Rajiv,

Did you get the knuckle protectors/handguards from Aliexpress as well? Can you please send me the link? I was planning to install the ones from the Duke 390 on my Himalayan but wasn't sure if they would fit right?

Hi Eltoro, these hand guards are from duke 390. While they look good ( would say better than how they look on 390) and solve the purpose, I am sorry to share they don't fit well

They hit the windshield on tight turns, it's impossible to lock the bike with hand guards on, Plan to remove them after my Leh tour, as here in this cold weather they help a lot in deflecting the wind

I found some really nice ones on Aliexpress and will share the link when I can
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 19:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
RotoPax Replica, great. I hope its as sturdy as the real thing. Thanks to Aliexpress we can get this stuff in our country. Hows the sitting position with the tank mounted? is it fouling with your knee?

They are really sturdy, actually this listing is an exception, all the other listings for the same size start at $50+

I even tried bargaining at Aliexpress and alibaba but couldn't find a deal better than this

No issues with seating position, the only call out would be that the latch doesn't fit well due to thinner bars on the Himalayan but that's not a big issue at all, a few washers from the nearby hardware shop solve the issue.

As much as I am eager to share the excitement from the ride, would maintain this suspense till its complete.
Old 14th June 2016, 01:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Eltoro, these hand guards are from duke 390. While they look good ( would say better than how they look on 390) and solve the purpose, I am sorry to share they don't fit well

They hit the windshield on tight turns, it's impossible to lock the bike with hand guards on, Plan to remove them after my Leh tour, as here in this cold weather they help a lot in deflecting the wind

I found some really nice ones on Aliexpress and will share the link when I can
Thank you Rajiv for the info. Please do share the Aliexpress link whenever you can as shipping times are quite high and I need to install them before I ride to the Himalayas in August this year.
Old 17th June 2016, 08:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
the jerry can looks really good.
is there any lockable mechanism ? Im thinking if anyone can just unscrew the main latch and take aware the whole can ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
What's on the other side?

you did get two 5L cans for the listed price right?

Quote:
RotoPax Replica, great. I hope its as sturdy as the real thing.

I met a Himalayan rider at Khardungla yesterday, he confirmed that Himalayan accessories are now available. He had the engine guard on the bike and that was the starting point of the conversation

Jerrycan pair for 6k
Engine guard for 2.5k
Rajiv0909 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 09:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jerrycan pair for 6k
Engine guard for 2.5k
Hope you are enjoying Ladakh on the Himalayan. Your feedback will be helpful for fellow riders. Hope things are not falling off as per RE's past reputation. Kindly let us know which city he was based at where these accessories are available?

Cheers...
Old 17th June 2016, 23:47   #39
BHPian

The Royal Enfield Himalayan Toureview

Does this seem like skewed to you?

Author designates Mojo to be underdog

http://m.rediff.com/getahead/report/...o/20160614.htm
Old 18th June 2016, 10:25   #40
BHPian

Why are you saying its skewed?

The author has given his opinion and has elaborated too.
Old 18th June 2016, 13:33   #41
BHPian

The Royal Enfield Himalayan Toureview

I am just asking not saying!

In many instances author has praised mojo. But the point scoring based on some personal opinion rather than some meaningful poll would drag a serious Mojo buyer away!

Like a good story just present facts if you don't have truly convincing data to support your figures. Please leave morale of the story out to for a user's interpretation!

Ok here is one for excerpt where author clearly indicates that Mojo is better. How on earth would you justify the lower score?

"Both the Mojo and the Himalayan boast a semi-digital instrument console, however, the former gets a more modern and compact unit. The Mojo's console comprises of a fuel ..."

Last edited by TMRT : 18th June 2016 at 14:03.
Old 20th June 2016, 17:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
They are really sturdy, actually this listing is an exception, all the other listings for the same size start at $50+

I even tried bargaining at Aliexpress and alibaba but couldn't find a deal better than this

No issues with seating position, the only call out would be that the latch doesn't fit well due to thinner bars on the Himalayan but that's not a big issue at all, a few washers from the nearby hardware shop solve the issue.

As much as I am eager to share the excitement from the ride, would maintain this suspense till its complete.

Thanks for the reply Rajiv,

I heard RE has started selling these cans, priced at 6K per pair so better to pick up from here now.

Thanks again, waiting for your travelogue

-ijeet
Old 22nd June 2016, 21:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Hope you are enjoying Ladakh on the Himalayan. Your feedback will be helpful for fellow riders. Hope things are not falling off as per RE's past reputation. Kindly let us know which city he was based at where these accessories are available?

Cheers...

So far so good! have lost only 2 screws in 1700kms of riding with close to 200kgs of weight on the most treacherous conditions ( details soon) . That said, I met atleast a dozen Himalayan riders during this trip with all kinds of stories - 90% of them are unhappy that they aren't able to push their machines beyond 4K rpm (peak torque) as on altitudes above 12k, @4k the engine starts to flutter (lean air). All of them are extremely happy with the riding comfort and handling. One rider reported a major breakdown ( his Himalayan was amongst the first bikes delivered in the country, had some 7k on the odo) - the battery charging unit started malfunctioning soon after he started his ride from Jammu and eventually stopped performing. He got the charging unit and the battery replaced by RE but that didn't help either. What's noticeable in this experience is how RE responded to this issue, they shipped the alternator( or whatever was needed) via air within 24 hours of this issue being reported

The rider who informed me about the accessories hails from Delhi. I also heard that the panniers are now available for 36k a pair
Rajiv0909 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 08:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
Thank you Rajiv for the info. Please do share the Aliexpress link whenever you can as shipping times are quite high and I need to install them before I ride to the Himalayas in August this year.

Hi Eltoro, here's the link

http://s.aliexpress.com/qYjMfmYv

I feel these would fit better as they may not cover the lever completely/ not hit the windscreen.

I'm gonna try a small mod on the windscreen to see if I can accommodate the existing (KTM) ones. Will keep you posted once if it is successful
Old 13th July 2016, 14:01   #45
BHPian

Hi Rajiv, Congratulations for being a proud owner of this amazing machine!!
I think you bought it from Kings Baner Road, what is the time you have to wait from the time of booking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks