Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2018, 22:27   #76
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Where in Pune is the Jawa dealer opening?
Three are planned for pune. Baner, koregaon and chinchwad station.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 08:01   #77
BHPian

Make : Jawa
Model : Jawa 42
Variant : - None
Booking Date : 18th Nov
Color : Lumos Lime
Expected Delivery Date : Call center said mid to end Feb
Dealer & City : Pune (most probably Koregaon Park)
Freebies : None
Others : None
Accessories planned : Windscreen, pillion back rest but not immediately

Purchase will be consummated post test ride which will hopefully be available this month. After 20 years of car driving, getting back to bike riding (believe folk like me are called Bambis or Born Again Middle aged BIkers). Never imagined my next ride would be a Jawa / Yezdi which had vanished along with my youth. Oddly enough, it is not nostalgia that gets me to book this but just the need for a low slung tourer with ABS, reasonably powered (> 25 BHP), not vibey, not an RE, not too heavy and a price point under 3 L.
bevivek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 15:43   #78
BHPian

After the initial hype, it looks like the interest in the GT Twins as well as the Jawa died down? No action happening on this thread for the last couple of days.
Old 4th December 2018, 19:24   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
After the initial hype, it looks like the interest in the GT Twins as well as the Jawa died down? No action happening on this thread for the last couple of days.
Not everyone is going to book a bike which costs upwards of 2lacs on-road just because of the hype it created. Maybe there are few who are waiting to test-ride the bikes before making a decision and there maybe few who are waiting for some more reviews and hence are sitting on the fence (including me )
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 15:12   #80
BHPian

Booked - Royal Enfield Interceptor
Dealer - Kolkata Ride Zone, Chinar Park
Colour - Silver
Booking amount - Rs 5000/- (used my debit card)
On road price - Shall come to know when the vehicle is allotted
Accessories thought of - Crash Guard

Showroom and Test Drive experience

07th December 2018, drove down to the Chinar Park showroom. The showroom looked nice, neat, clean and well organized. Asked the SA for the test drive of the Interceptor, for which he requested me to be seated as the bike was out for a test drive.

In the mean time, he took a copy of my DL, brought a brochure and we started discussing colour options. On looking at the brochure, i fell for the black and mentioned the same. Just then, his colleague mentioned that the bike is back, and I could proceed for the TD. I must have waited for about 5 mins.

The TD bike was the Silver Spectre, which looked much better than black, so tilted towards silver.

Kindly keep the following in mind before I proceed

1. I shall be riding a 4 stroker for the first time
2. I shall be riding a bike after 18 years
3. 18 years ago I owned a Kawasaki Bajaj KB100 RTZ Delta, which i rode for 8 years
4. I have ridden the RX 100 and RD 350 couple of times (28 years ago)
5. I am 6 feet 1 and a half inch tall and press the weighing scale at 120 kgs
6. First time riding a bike with push button start and ABS

The SA provided me a helmet and also a shower cap (nice gesture). The helmet was comfortable, though without a chin guard. The clasp clicked well in place and I made sure I adjusted the straps for a snug fit.

The TD bike had 1307 kms on the clock. The SA mentioned the gear shift pattern ie one down rest up. I asked if the clutch had to be kept depressed when hitting the starter button, he replied - not required.

I saddled the beast - had a look at the twin information pods. Turned the key, loved the needles swing. Unfortunately the information on the pods looked plain jan, more on that later.

I fired the beast. Let it idle for some time - the feeling was as if one is on his / her first date and both are really apprehensive as what to expect - hence the awkward silence. Twisted my wrist - wow the sound impressed. Since i have never ridden the Bullet (just heard its beating sound), ofcourse the difference in exhaust sound is like cheese and chalk.

Slotted 1st, nice positive engagement. Very light clutch, which I released and off we went. Rode towards Rajarhat and then towards Eco Park. Loved the torque. Did not exceed 60 kmph as Kolkata Police hate the opportunity to dish out an overspeeding chalaan.

The road was a mix of bad stretches, speed breakers and smooth stretches. Managed to stall the bike once, as I could not access which gear I was on after I crossed the speed breaker - gear position indicator is definitely required, hope Siddartha Lal and RE are listening!!

The mirrors - with my built, no matter how much I adjusted them, I just could use 15% of the mirror area, the rest being blocked by my arms / shoulder. Please suggest a remedy for this.

The seat - felt extremely soft. I am pretty sure, 6 months down the line, I shall feel as if I am sitting on the metal frame. Suggest remedy please.

The suspension - Felt extremely hard. Maybe the rear suspension was set on the hardest setting or maybe the tyres were over inflated I do not know, but I could feel as if the suspension was dead.

The distance of TD 12 kms.

Torque - Amazing amount available at low rpms, really impressive.

When I reached the showroom, the SA was waiting outside. He asked me, Sir, how is the bike - I said, I shall book it!!

Once back inside the showroom, I was requested to give a feed back on a questionnaire on the SA's phone. I mentioned three dislikes

HARD SUSPENSION
TOO SOFT SEAT
NO GEAR POSITION INDICATOR

Ensured that the booking amount is fully refundable in case I change my mind.

Also, one day, need to visit them again, after sun set to check the head light beam (which is very important for me - this could be a deal breaker - please suggest good powerful aux lamps)

The RE twins have been dissected by practically all the automobile buffs, my review is just a lay man's personal experience.

Hope these lines add value to prospective Interceptor buyers.
ALTIMAed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 15:45   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
HARD SUSPENSION
TOO SOFT SEAT
NO GEAR POSITION INDICATOR
Congrats ALTIMAed.

Front suspension felt a little stiff on both the bikes, but the rear is soft of the Interceptor and stiff on the GT just due to different preload settings. Please check the air pressure / preload settings to be sure.

Seat can be changed to the touring seat of the GT which is harder and wider. I've attached a pic of the same in this thread -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...-650-twin.html

PS: Would be great if you could add this ride impressions there as well. Will be missed out by many here.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:16   #82
BHPian

One observation I missed out, the handle bar was to far from my comfort level. Shall definitely need to adjust it towards myself and add risers.
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 22:24   #83
BHPian

I never imagined that I'd even consider any RE bike. With the 650 twins they have really turned the tables.. After riding them, one can never believe that they are actually made by RE!!
Well anyway I am still not sure if I want another Bike, but looking at how tempting the twins are, I just booked one
Make : Royal Enfield
Model : 650 Twin
Variant : Interceptor
Color : Orange Crush
Booking Date : 09/12/2018
Expected Delivery Date : March or later, I am in no hurry anyway..
Expected On-Road : 3L (2.34L Ex-Showroom + 47.7K RTO + 18.5K Insurance)
Dealer & City : Whitefield Motors, Bangalore
Freebies : The usual Helmet I suppose
Accessories Planned : Flyscreen, Engine Guard, Sump Guard. They don't have the official accessory list, I will opt for other useful functional accessories at the time of delivery.
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 10:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Model : 650 Twin
Variant : Interceptor
Color : Orange Crush
Booking Date : 09/12/2018
Expected Delivery Date : March or later, I am in no hurry anyway..
Expected On-Road : 3L (2.34L Ex-Showroom + 47.7K RTO + 18.5K Insurance)
Dealer & City : Whitefield Motors, Bangalore
Freebies : The usual Helmet I suppose
Accessories Planned : Flyscreen, Engine Guard, Sump Guard. They don't have the official accessory list, I will opt for other useful functional accessories at the time of delivery.
Congratulations on Your booking.

They do have the official accessories list - You can check my post in the Twins thread (now closed one). And anyways, the accessories list and photos are already published in the RE official site; so no need to check elsewhere.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 12:18   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Congratulations on Your booking.

They do have the official accessories list - You can check my post in the Twins thread (now closed one). And anyways, the accessories list and photos are already published in the RE official site; so no need to check elsewhere.
Thank you. Yes, I meant this particular showroom did not have the accessory list with the prices to show to customers and they do not have the accessories on display either. All they have are the bikes with certain accessories fitted.
Old 10th December 2018, 20:31   #86
BHPian

For someone who had decided not to buy a RE product ever again, the live stream by Sid and team on 14th November had me hooked especially the 2 AVs shown by the RE team during the launch for the twins just before the price reveal. Both were sweet sounding high quality clips highlighting the allure of each machine.

Though I have not yet taken a test ride despite 2 visits to the RE showroom, I just could not control myself and went ahead and booked it. The final call would be taken once I take the test ride.

Model : Interceptor 650
Variant : - NA
Booking Date : 9th December 2018
Color : Ravishing Red
Expected Delivery Date : Mid Feb or later as per SA
Dealer & City : Voyage Motors,Kandivli (W) & Mumbai
Accessories planned : Large engine guard (matte black),Aluminium Sump guard, Tall Flyscreen.
thumpmeister is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 20:30   #87
BHPian

Make : Jawa
Model : Forty Two
Variant : Single Channel ABS
Booking Date : 21st March 2019
Color : Lumos Lime
Expected Delivery Date : In about 6 to 8 months!
Dealer & City : Bright Automotive, Hyderabad
Accessories planned : Crash guard, Gel seat pad, windscreen, and few others depending on availability.

Took a test ride few weeks ago, took one more today, finding it comfortable to ride and flickable in city, booked one in Lumos Lime matte shade. They say there will be few changes/improvements in the final production version, seat will be a couple of inches longer, and IIRC foot pegs will be forward set. I am in no hurry to get the bike and willing to wait for those '6 to 8 months'.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 16:58   #88
BHPian

Make : Pure EV
Model : ePluto 7G
Booking Date : 9th Feb 2020
Color : Red
Expected Delivery Date : In a month
Dealer & City : Akshay Enterprises Pure EV Dealer, Wakad, Pune
Freebies : Free set of Accessories
Others : Pre Launch Offer Discount

Was looking for a Scooter for daily commuting to office and small commutes to market. Since I believe that Electric Scooters are a good alternative to Petrol Scooters for city commutes, I decided to buy one. Certain conditions made me finalize on this one and I am waiting to get my hands on it. Planning to post an ownership review once I get delivery.
souvikjana83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 15:22   #89
BHPian

Any idea about discounts going on for Activa or Jupiter as the BSVI deadline is nearing.
Old 15th March 2020, 23:59   #90
BHPian

Make : BMW
Model : G310GS
Booking Date : 14th March 2020
Color : Red
Expected Delivery Date : In 10 days
Dealer & City : BMW Motorrad, Jaipur
Others : A healthy discount of Rs. 70,000.

I'm currently riding a CBR 150R (My Veronica). Did some recent tours (600 kms) which opened my eyes to a new world. I wasn't feeling very comfortable on the motorcycle while touring. No doubt it's a brilliant motorcycle, just that i wanted a more comfortable ride. Went forth with the Beemer . The decision was stupendously aided by the ongoing huge discounts on the bike. (And couldn't contain my excitement )

Cheers and Happy Riding everyone.
Archie_27 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed