Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 11:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS Jupiter MillionR edition launched to celebrate 1 million sales

TVS Motors has launched a new special edition variant of the Jupiter. Named the TVS Jupiter MillionR edition, this new launch will commemorate 1 million units of the Jupiter, ever since it was launched in September 2013. The new Jupiter MillionR will be around Rs. 2,000 more expensive than the normal Jupiter, which currently starts at Rs. 48,809 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

While most of the changes on the MillionR are purely cosmetic in nature, the most significant update is the presence of a disc brake at the front. The Jupiter MillionR edition can be opted with a 220 mm disc brake at the front, which is opposed to the 130 mm drum brake found on the normal Jupiter.

Cosmetic design changes on the MillionR edition include a new purple colour, a chromed 3-d Jupiter logo on the side, beige floor board, dual tone seats, and a 'MillionR Editition' badge on the front and side. Additional chrome detailing has been provided on the side panels and mirrors.

The Jupiter MillionR edition will be powered by the same engine that supplies power to the current Jupiter. This 110 cc single-cylinder powerhouse generates 8 BHP @ 7,500 rpm and 8 Nm of torque @ 5,500 rpm and is mated to a CVT automatic gearbox.

Source: Rushlane

TVS Jupiter MillionR edition launched to celebrate 1 million sales-2016tvsjupitermillionredition5810x543.jpg

TVS Jupiter MillionR edition launched to celebrate 1 million sales-2016tvsjupitermillionredition6.jpg

TVS Jupiter MillionR edition launched to celebrate 1 million sales-2016tvsjupitermillionredition2.jpg

TVS Jupiter MillionR edition launched to celebrate 1 million sales-2016tvsjupitermillionredition3.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 9th June 2016 at 11:28.
dZired is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 11:50   #2
BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter MillionR edition launched to celebrate 1 million sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
TVS Motors has launched a new special edition variant of the Jupiter.
TVS and its choice of weird names for their limited editions!

Quote:
a chromed 3-d Jupiter logo on the side
Fine

Quote:
dual tone seats
Dual tone? Almost all users I know put a cover on the seat and don't care how many tones the seat has. Maybe girls would be impressed, lol.

Quote:
beige floor board
What!? I have seen black floor boards turn to grey due to the Indian conditions. A beige floor board not only looks W&W with the purple body shade, but will get spoiled within minutes of city usage.

Only substantial bit in this edition is the front disc brake. And for a slight premium, it offers decent value.

Quote:
a new purple colour
A member had commented on the TVS Star City Chocolate Gold edition thread that pink would be next. Looks like he has been heard! A yellow Wego would be next in the pipeline I guess.

Link to post -

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
What next... Candy pink and Lemon yellow?

What happened to TVS? They are the ones who made the Apache, Scooty and Wego!

Last edited by biggrin : 9th June 2016 at 12:00. Reason: added link
biggrin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 20:15   #3
BHPian

I'm completely sold on the handling and dynamics of TVS scooters but would really like a 125 or 150 cc engine.
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 13:39   #4
BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter MillionR edition launched to celebrate 1 million sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
A yellow Wego would be next in the pipeline I guess.
Though looks are subjective, I think a yellow Wego would look great. Can someone do a PS please?

Coming to the limited edition Jupiter, I think its an exercise to keep the brand recall at bay.

A 125cc version should be next to take on the new breed of scoots and to make the customer stay in their showrooms.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 11:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

I would really be interested in the disc brake kit of the Jupiter if its offered for a reasonable price by TVS for existing owners. The brakes are an Achilles heel for what is otherwise a fine package.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks