Team-BHP - Royal Enfield starts Roadside Assistance Service
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Royal Enfield starts Roadside Assistance Service (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/177150-royal-enfield-starts-roadside-assistance-service.html)

Royal Enfield has started a nationwide Road side Assistance (RSA) service for its burgeoning community of motorcyclists.
It is through a third party service provider which is a common practice across automobile industry.
The RSA services include support for Out of Fuel, Locked out, Breakdown, Towing, Punctures, Battery trouble and Medical support.
In all cases, if the bike cannot be fixed on the spot, it will have transported to the nearest RE ASC. The transportation will be free upto100 kms. Also RE will bear the cost for its technician's travel and labour for a road side repair. Ofcourse the spare parts costs have to be borne by the owner. I was a bit surprised about the labour cost bit but then there are only a handful of things that you can fix by a road side repair so it's a calculated risk by RE.
The RSA can be availed by all RE owners during riding incidents only (no home services) by calling toll free on 1800 210 0007.
It is a welcome move by RE and also in line with their declared goal to attract first time riders as new customers. For a brand which commands a cult like following inspite of its quirky product quality & inconsistent ownership experience, this move along with the newly opened ASC in Leh-Ladakh is sign of positive change. It also acts as a feeder to its fast growing network of ASCs.
RE currently stands at No. 3 in JD power rankings for Customer Satisfaction behind TVS & Suzuki.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaikhmimran (Post 3995172)
Royal Enfield has started a nationwide Road side Assistance (RSA) service for its burgeoning community of motorcyclists.
It is through a third party service provider which is a common practice across automobile industry.
The RSA services include support for Out of Fuel, Locked out, Breakdown, Towing, Punctures, Battery trouble and Medical support.
In all cases, if the bike cannot be fixed on the spot, it will have transported to the nearest RE ASC. The transportation will be free upto100 kms. Also RE will bear the cost for its technician's travel and labour for a road side repair. Ofcourse the spare parts costs have to be borne by the owner. I was a bit surprised about the labour cost bit but then there are only a handful of things that you can fix by a road side repair so it's a calculated risk by RE.
The RSA can be availed by all RE owners during riding incidents only (no home services) by calling toll free on 1800 210 0007.
It is a welcome move by RE and also in line with their declared goal to attract first time riders as new customers. For a brand which commands a cult like following inspite of its quirky product quality & inconsistent ownership experience, this move along with the newly opened ASC in Leh-Ladakh is sign of positive change. It also acts as a feeder to its fast growing network of ASCs.
RE currently stands at No. 3 in JD power rankings for Customer Satisfaction behind TVS & Suzuki.

Now this is what I call a truly dedicated company that not only understands the market to sell the bikes but also caters to the after sales problems. This definitely comes under premium category of ASS.

It surely may be a marketing ploy to increase sales but as from the customer point of view, this level of service inspires a lot of confidence in me about the brand.

RE is evolving !! - I am happy :D

This is a really good move by RE and with the increasing number of bikes they're selling, it is a must-have.

WOW RE! clap: They should have thought of this long ago. Better late than never, good to know this information shaikhmimran.
Few months back clutch cable of my Classic 350 broke (Thanks to Bengaluru traffic) where I had to push this heavy machine close to 2KMS for replacing a single cable. This is when these road side assistance comes helpful/handy by many :)

Well I came to know about this last week when I had visited the RE Service Centre to buy some accessories. I was told by one of the service staff about the RSA service for RE motorcycles (Service not available for bikes older than 5 years). On enquiry I was told for the cost of RSA for bikes ageing from 1 to 3 years old was Rs.800 annual and for bikes ageing 3 to 5 years old was Rs.1000 annual.

I have opted for this service for my Tbird500 as I don't like fiddling with the EFi unit in case of a breakdown.

I believe the cost is justified given the coverage the RSA entails. It is also a welcome initiative from RE to instil confidence in their customers and making them feel secure in case of a breakdown with this service. I am attaching the fine print for everyone's reference here.

Royal Enfield starts Roadside Assistance Service-rsa.jpg

Note This service is not available for RE motorcycles more than 5 years old. DIY is the best route to go for bikes older than 5 years old.:thumbs up

An awesome move by Royal Enfield.
How can I opt for this service?
I checked their website,there was no mention of it.

Good news !
Also, hoping soon RE will provide tubeless tyres/setup, that will solve one major road worry for the riders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great (Post 3995305)
Now this is what I call a truly dedicated company that not only understands the market to sell the bikes but also caters to the after sales problems. This definitely comes under premium category of ASS.

It surely may be a marketing ploy to increase sales but as from the customer point of view, this level of service inspires a lot of confidence in me about the brand.

RE is evolving !! - I am happy :D

Emm, Honda has been offering the RSA for quite some time now for their 2 wheelers. Not sure about other manufacturers.

Anyways, good offering by RE.

There is another good news associated with RE's new RSA service. New buyers will get this service free of cost for the first year coupled with RE's 2 year service warranty. Can new owners who have just bought their bike confirm this?

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/other...2R8?li=AAgg6KI

Kudos to RE for initiating this, in a way it will quell the perceptions and baggage many people have about RE's.:thumbs up

Last Saturday had to call RSA in Shimla when my one month young RE Thunderbird just died in the middle of the road, I tried to switch the key on & off but nothing shows on the display, neither the bike starts and it also started raining. I called RSA, whosoever received my phonecall was surprised to know that the RE has started RSA, politely he says that he will call me within 5 minutes, after 30 minutes I again call them, again they are surprised to know about RSA. It was raining and I was loosing patience, when I called third time, the guy knew that the RE has started RSA and ties up with Tapan Motors for the RSA, within 10 minutes I receive a call from Tapan Motors stating they will charge 16 INR per KM to & fro service station, I had to argue with them that the RSA is free for first year. Anyhow, RE customer care again calls me and asks if the problem has been solved, I told them the story narrated by Tapan motors asking for 19 INR per KM, he asks me to give the phone number from where I had received the call. After about 15 minutes I receive a call from Tapan motors asking for my location, it approximately took about 3 hours for the help. Nevertheless, the technician who came checked the bike thoroughly and recommended visiting RE Service centre for a thorough checkup.

Is the RSA provided by Royal Enfield or by any other third party agency? Is this service still available in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitpatnaik (Post 4173909)
Is the RSA provided by Royal Enfield or by any other third party agency? Is this service still available in Bangalore?

By RE itself. Seen a couple of mobile service vans in Chennai (Once in ORR and other one near Porur)

Anybody opted this service here? any feedback would be much appreciated. Inside the city the service may be good, however what if someone is stranded in middle of a long tour?

Recently I faced an issue where my bike's battery drained out and had to push for ~200 meters to locate a battery shop. Luckily this happened in the heart of city and I did not face much problem, I was thinking what if this had happened in a village or on a highway.

So to be on a safer side I am planning to opt to this service. Please help on this regard.

Thanks,:thumbs up
-Badri

Scene: The proud owner of a new RE finds himself stranded on the side of the highway. His pillion rider girlfriend, adorned in a stylish open-face RE helmet, RE buff and cool RE T-shirt, is pretending not to sweat buckets while playing with her phone and taking selfies as her cool biker boyfriend struggles to figure out what's wrong. Fortunately, being a n00b rider, he had the sense to purchase RE's new Roadside Assistance service, lest his cool vintage classic Enfield experience becomes a little TOO authentic for his comfort levels.

He pulls off his RE-branded retro-styled leather gloves and fishes his phone out of his sweet leather vintage cafe-racer-style RE riding jacket and dials the roadside assistance number.

It rings for two and a half sweaty minutes before someone finally answers.

RE Roadside Assistance Service (RAS) phone guy (groggily, as though awakened from a blissfully deep slumber):
...mmmf. Allo. What is.

Biker: Yes, hello? Is this RE Roadside Assistance?

RE RAS: Hmm. Maybe.

Biker: So my bike broke down.

RE RAS: Hmm.

Biker: I was riding down the highway and it made this weird noise--

RE RAS: That's normal.

Biker: --and then the engine just stopped--

RE RAS: That's normal.

Biker: --and now I'm stranded miles from home.

RE RAS: Hmm.

Biker: ...

RE RAS: ...

Biker: ...so like, what should I do? I tried the choke, checked if there's enough petrol and it's a full tank...

RE RAS: (long, dramatic, exasperated sigh) Saaarji, this is all normal.

Biker: What? No, it isn't. My bike won't start.

(The girlfriend at this point has exhausted her repertoire of duck faces and "v" handsigns for selfies and is now browsing Instagram and Facebook to check out her friends' repertoires of duck faces and "v" handsigns, with thinning patience. This may be due to the fact that her glamorous "glow" has increased to the point that she's drenched with sweat beyond the capabilities of Instagram filters to remove for any further selfies.)

Biker: So can you send a van or something?

RE RAS: (long, dramatic, exasperated sigh, followed by what sounds like noisy eating) Lunch brek, saarji. Call tomorrow.

Biker: But it's only ten o'clock. Your lunch break lasts the entire day?

RE RAS: (loud belch, followed by a sleepy sigh.) We cannot dispatch our van today.

Biker: Why not?

RE RAS: We lost it.

Biker: What? Where did you lose your van?

RE RAS: In the parking lot. Pappu, our chief mechanic, forgot where he parked it only.

Biker: Wh-what?

RE RAS: Yaa. Very estrange, no? But, what to do. (resumes chewing loudly)

Biker: ...er, okay. Can I speak to your manager?

RE RAS: (Still chewing loudly) Hmm.

(Loud sounds of shuffling, with noises suggesting the phone has been carelessly dropped at least two or three times. Finally a more conversant gentleman gets on the phone, with the added benefit that he's at least pretending to care about his job and/or this hapless customer.)

RE RAS Manager: Allo saarji, this is manager.

Biker: Yes, hello. My Enfield broke down on the highway. Can you send a van or something?

RE RAS Manager: (laughing heartily) A breakdown? Saaarji, this is all part and parcel of the experience of owning such a special bike.

Biker: Yes, I'm off Exit ten, just before the flyover.

RE RAS: You know, Royal Enfield has such a rich and wonderful history and heritage.

Biker: I checked the fuel tank and it's got petrol.

RE RAS Manager: Such evocative design, reminiscent of the days of yore...

Biker: The starter motor doesn't seem to be doing anything.

RE RAS Manager: It's like World War II history, come to life...

Biker: Also, the disc brakes seem to be loose, even though this is a new bike.

RE RAS Manager: So timeless, so unique. It's like owning a piece of history, no?

Biker: Also, I think the chain is scraping against the rear tire.

RE RAS Manager: And unique they truly are. Every Enfield has a unique set of flaws and defects that give it its own special character and charm. **

Biker: Also, I think the engine has fallen off. That might explain why it won't start.

RE RAS Manager: And all the time and effort you will spend endlessly repairing all those defects and flaws, will create a special bond between you and your bike. **

Biker: Also, now the blinkers are on and I can't turn them off.

RE RAS Manager: It's a special bond. Like a deep, lifelong friendship with a vicious and unpredictable sociopath. Or like Stockholm Syndrome. Or like a man addicted to banging his own head against the wall for twelve hours a day until blissful unconsciousness sets in.

(At this point, the girlfriend has moved on from Instagram and Facebook feeds and is scanning Tinder.)

Biker: Listen, can you please just send a van, or even tell me what to do over the phone or something?

RE RAS Manager: Oh, you need a van? Well, why didn't you say so? I'll send one right away.

Biker: Oh, what a relief. Thank you so much.

RE RAS Manager: Yes, let me check... oh good, we'll have one available in about.... two weeks. Okay?

Biker: Wait, what?

RE RAS Manager: Thank you saarji! (click)

Biker: Wait, no-- hello? Hello?

Our hapless hero looks up to find his girlfriend climbing onto the back of an elderly milkman's twenty-year-old Atlas bicycle. Grinning happily, the old milkman rings his bell at the biker and starts slowly pedaling away. As they pass the biker, his now-ex-girlfriend throws her RE iPhone case at him, catching him between the eyes with perfect aim powered by a blind rage caused in part by a mild heatstroke.

As he watches her shrink towards the horizon, a familiar thumping DUG-DUG-DUG sound rises. Our hero turns in time to see another Enfield chugging past him, ridden by a totally bad-ass leather-clad dude with huge, tattooed biceps, long hair, camoflage army pants, a GI-soldier-style half-face helmet and '60s style mirror shades. He nods sagely, not smiling, and gives him the customary thumbs-up sign and keeps going.

Our hero, stunned and wide-eyed, returns the thumbs-up.

At last. He's made it. He's one of them now.

He's part of the club. Part of this elite brotherhood and blah blah blah.

It was all worth it.

THE END

*Standard disclaimer: the above is a work of fiction, but based on the standard Enfield experience. Thank you for reading. If anyone is offended by this piece, I apologize that you own an RE and feel your pain: I owned not one but two Enfields, before long and intense psychotherapy slowly brought me back to my senses. Seriously tho, this post is only joek :)

** This is an actual, nearly-verbatim speech given by the manager of a Royal Enfield showroom. No, he was not joking or being sarcastic, he was absolutely dead serious. Unlike this utterly pointless post.

Anyway, thank you for reading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcussantiago (Post 4410126)
Scene: The proud owner of a new RE finds himself stranded on the side of the highway.....

Two smileys will not do this justice but thats all we are allowed:uncontrol:uncontrol
Marcus, you are the patron saint of long suffering RE riders. The situation you have described could actually happen.
I've been using a friend's CL500 for the last 7 months or so and it has saved me some money. I now no longer need to buy a vibrating massage chair.
Quote:

It's a special bond. Like a deep, lifelong friendship with a vicious and unpredictable sociopath.
That about sums up RE ownership. I'm stealing this line.