Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2006, 13:18   #1
BHPian

Hi guyz,
Iam in a fix,I cant really come 2 a decision...I hav shortlisted P180 ,Blaze or karizma...Iam only 16 and not very heavy built...just 5'7" and 60+kgs...Between the blaze a nd Karizma the price different is around 20K...So I guess thats big difference and honestly,is that diffrerence in price really justified...Kinetic *** and resale also worries me....under real world conditions what mileage can I expect from Karizma and Blaze..under sedate driving(shifts below 5000 rpm)....please help .Quick replies will be highly appreciated...
Thanks in advance.
VIJAY
Old 2nd October 2006, 13:44   #2
BHPian

Please "specifically" mention your criteria... As to what really do you want in your bike... (mileage/ looks/ power/ ease of driving/ budget etc)
As far as mileage is concerned, acc to me pulsar's will be around 45, while
Blaze and karizma will give you about 40 (max)...
Old 2nd October 2006, 14:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Since you are only 16, riding those geared bikes on public roads will be illegal for you. I say, go for the Dio/Activa, use it legally for a couple of years, and then upgrade to a bike (you will have a wider choice too).
Also, height and weight (or build in general) does not matter much when it comes to riding. I have seen people more diminutive than you using bikes heavier than those you have mentioned.
Old 2nd October 2006, 14:21   #4
BHPian

go for the middle path p180 will be good . the new one has good looks and mileage too
Old 2nd October 2006, 15:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Since you are only 16, riding those geared bikes on public roads will be illegal for you. I say, go for the Dio/Activa, use it legally for a couple of years,
Well to be honest, even a 102cc scooty/scooter/bike cant be driven by a 16 yr old LEGALLY!!!! It has to a moped then! (<60cc)
Old 2nd October 2006, 17:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a
Well to be honest, even a 102cc scooty/scooter/bike cant be driven by a 16 yr old LEGALLY!!!! It has to a moped then! (<60cc)
Nopes...they changed the rules in 2003(2?) so that the license now says only "ungeared two wheeler".
Old 2nd October 2006, 18:12   #7
BHPian

well i had been riding honda activa from 16 years n when ever cops stop me for checkin i cud escape with the 50cc ltd license.but accordin to rules it says u can drive ungeared scooter under 50 cc.

actually i wud opt for kinetic blaze as its quite a looker....due to immensive price cuts karizma is now very common as pulsar and if you need to be show catcher its got to be blaze then.karizma is also ok...but pulsar is toooo common...atleast thts the case in our city ...trichur
Old 2nd October 2006, 18:49   #8
BHPian

Blaze for sure

My vote is for the blaze
it looks awesome, performs very well and is very comfortable.
Old 2nd October 2006, 19:13   #9
BHPian

Hi

Check the new P180 with digital speedometers ...........awesome machine !!!!
Old 2nd October 2006, 19:15   #10
BHPian

Infinite number of thanks for the replies guys,
my main criteria is looks ,descent perfomance and descent mileage to boot coupled with good reliability.NOt particula about the resale value.
ess_a:bro,r you sure blaze and Karizma will return around 40???
Sajo:I dont think that any non--geared scooter can be driven around with a learners liscense...r you sure that law permits that??may be Iam wrong.
Hari_rama:even i ehard that in thrissur its Ok to drive non--geared scooters with learners lics...BTW from which Driving school did you take your learners liscense???Do u think that the *** of kinetic in thrissur is good and did you get to drive any ?plzzz post your experience with cops and how you managed to get away with a learners lisc.
Iam basicall looking for a blend of descent power,mileage around 40 with good reliability,resale value is not very important.Any reviews on Blaze...if so plzzz post them.
Thank a lot,
VIJAY
Old 2nd October 2006, 20:43   #11
BHPian

@sajo
Well i'm not too sure as to whether a 16 yr old can get a valid license even for a nongeared scooter... Atleast as far as i know, the thing has to <60cc (maybe 50) and nongeared...

@veelubai
Karizma returns 40 kmpl (just the other day i had a chat with a guy driving a karizma at coll)... For blaze, 40 can be achieved (but i cant confirm as dunno anyone driving a blaze)
BTW Blaze sure looks HOT... The one in red really stands out...
Old 3rd October 2006, 14:55   #12
BHPian

Blaze is something which cannot be spoken in the same platform as Karizma and P180. It is certainly no comparison for performance, image and looks(subjective). For a 16 year old though, I feel its better to wait for another 2 years and buy a good 250 CC bike. Just my opinion, its big risk otherwise. As for Karizma mileage, I get around 30 to 35 for slightly enthusiastic driving. 40 is easily achievable.
Old 4th October 2006, 14:10   #13
BHPian

I Own a Karizma and the bike doesn't stop to amaze me in a positive way. I am getting a mileage of 40KMPL under normal driving ( gearshifts below 5K RPM). I have had the bike for about 2 years now and am very happy with my purchase decision.

Apart from the legal aspect of you being able to drive all of the above rides, my vote still goes for the karizma as an absolute choice. However consider your weight and frame, the New Pulsar 180 will be a better choice given it is lower ( lower even than the previous gen 180).

Thanks,
Sumit
Old 4th October 2006, 21:51   #14

hey,
i think u shuld go for p180(dtsi) as the new model is kinda weird. its very good in handling as u said u are 16 and also it will give a good average too .
Old 8th October 2006, 13:57   #15

Never knew 16 year olds were allowed to ride bikes....

PICK UP
Blaze is basically a non geared so its in a different league all together.It can no way match the pulsar and the karizma.The pulsar and the karizma are evenly matched in pick up,but the karizma has a better top end.(100+)

FUEL ECONOMY
Well the pulsar is the king here best milage of around 46km/ltr and the karizma at 35km/ltr and the blaze is around 32 km/ltr.These figures are under normal riding.

HANDLING and COMFORT
-The karizma is the best handler here due to its long wheel base.
-The pulsar the most comfortable due to its gas shocks and a resonably good handler.
-The blaze has the most comfortable seats here.handling is adequate and comfort is reasonably good(saftely the most comfortable non geared around.

WARRANTY
The warranty of the pulsar is the best its got 2 years on the full bike and 5 years on the engine.The karizma has 2 years on the full bike and the blaze has 1 year.The spares of the blaze and the pulsar are reasonable while that of the karizma cost a bomb.

My advice go 4 the pulsar(check the new one with the lcd speedo)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks