Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 15:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Design Director quits after 20 month term

Motorcycle designer Pierre Terblanche has reportedly resigned from his position of Design Director at Royal Enfield, after serving a short term of just 20 months. He was based out of the company's England office. The reasons behind his departure from Royal Enfield aren't yet known.

Pierre had joined the Chennai-based two-wheeler manufacturer in November 2014. He has vast experience in automotive design, with his portfolio containing products like the Ducati Multistrada, HyperMotard, and the X132 Hellcat Speedster. Apart from motorcycles, he had also briefly worked at the Volkswagen Design Studio in Germany in the early days of his career. Pierre had also worked with Italian designer Massimo Tamburini, who had designed many bikes for Ducati, MV Augusta, and Cagiva.

Before joining Royal Enfield in 2014, Pierre had worked for brands like Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Norton Motorcycles, Cagiva, USA-based Confederate Motorcycles.

Source: Autocar Professional

Royal Enfield Design Director quits after 20 month term-pierre_terblanche.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 1st August 2016 at 15:26.
dZired is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 15:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Design Director quits after 20 month term

Damn..
That is a blow for RE. I wonder if whatever projects he was part of, sees the light of day.

In 20 months that he was with RE, i haven't heard much of his contributions either and I still am not sure if he contributed to the Himalayan or not.

Hoping RE continues the way it is without any hiccups.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks