Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2006, 02:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
two strokes doesnt have valves, instead they have ports, where as four strokes has valves, may be you can check out the cylinder(if it is easily visible) and then make it out whether its a 2s or 4s.
who says 2-strokes dont have valves? They have power valves, have u heard of that?
Ok, anyways, its a scooter, so how can u see the engine properly. and then how will u need the ports? U can see the exhaust and say if its a 2-strk or 4-strk man.
Old 26th November 2006, 22:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
who says 2-strokes dont have valves? They have power valves, have u heard of that?
Ok, anyways, its a scooter, so how can u see the engine properly. and then how will u need the ports? U can see the exhaust and say if its a 2-strk or 4-strk man.
never heard of power vavles, thank you fieroid.
(i guess some of my knowledge is limited by my mechanical engineering degree, and they teach us only the basics, advanced stuff is upto us to learn . and this forum is exactly doing it.)
Old 26th November 2006, 23:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
None of the 2 strokes sold in India ever had a power valve.
Old 27th November 2006, 01:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
thank you Mpower,
but still i would like to know about 'power valves' (sounds good 'power'). I have strated a new thread on it in the 'technical stuff'. please share some information over there.
Old 27th November 2006, 16:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
none of the 2-stroke made in india had a power valve, but doesit mean ther is nothing like that?
Mpower, india is not a country with so much of tech advancement.
FYI, a power valve is a mechanically operated and throttle regulated shutter that works at the exhaust ports and creates a specific back pressure for better low end and mid-range punch. However under full throttle the port is fully open and gases rush out. However most makers abroad have made their own advancements in this department.
My pal venu even made a prototype of this logic on a standard Suzuki shogun for some students from PESIT college. However that was with a mechanical lever on the left coz the split cable from the throttle was used to operate the oil pump and anyways, this was not a regular bike for use on roads.
I rode it and it had good LET in low revs. Hope this cleared most of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks