Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 17:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS launches 24/7 Roadside Assistance for 2-wheelers

TVS Motors has launched a new 24/7 Road Side Assistance (RSA) programme for its two-wheelers in the Indian market. At present, the company has rolled out the scheme in 70 cities across the country. A total of 200 cities are expected to be brought under the RSA programme by the end of next month. TVS is aiming to offer the service throughout India by March 2017.

In addition to all new vehicles sold, the RSA program will extend to all existing TVS vehicles that are currently under warranty. All TVS scooters and motorcycles are eligible to benefit from the said programme. No additional charges related to the RSA programme will be levied on new/existing customers in the warranty period. Authorized TVS dealerships across the country will be organizing awareness campaigns to promote this new initiative.

Services offered under the RSA programme include spare key pick-up, flat tyre support, fuel delivery, and onsite repair. The company will also help in arranging cabs, towing vehicles, and will even offer accident assistance in case of a mishap. In order to avail the RSA package, TVS customers can either call on 1800 419 2077 or connect through the TVSM service app.

TVS launches 24/7 Roadside Assistance for 2-wheelers-fkjdghnjm.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 26th September 2016 at 18:00.
dZired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 19:13   #2
BHPian

re: TVS launches 24/7 Roadside Assistance for 2-wheelers

A welcome move. TVS has been the pioneer with many things in the 2 wheeler segment in India (ABS etc.). This is another one which will surely bring a smile on customer's face
Old 27th July 2017, 14:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS launches 24/7 Roadside Assistance for 2-wheelers

I just had a very good experience with TVS Roadside Assistance.

At about 8 AM today morning , me and the good lady were out to buy some stuff on our 2016 Feb TVS Jupiter, when all of a sudden while going over a speed hump, the engine died.

I assumed that it was a minor glitch, and proceeded to park at the side of the road and kickstart it back to life. Many attempts later, it still stubbornly refused to start. Fuel level was fine, and it was recently serviced in May. The engine felt just as if there was no fuel at all.

After half an hour of continuous trying , I gave up, and just thought of checking whether TVS had an RSA program on my phone, and lo, they did! Called their tollfree number, and it was instantly answered by a courteous fellow. Inquired the nature of my problem, verified a few details and logged a request on my behalf. Got an immediate service confirmation over SMS with the ticket number as well.

45 minutes after my first call, got a call from a service technician asking me the exact location details, as he was already on his way. He was coming from TVS Auto Assist , which I assume is not affiliated to any dealer. He fiddled with the spark plugs and battery connections and checked the fuel lines, couldnt find anything, and the vehicle still wouldnt start. He himself called TVS and asked for towing the scooter to the nearest service center. Got a call from TVS office in Chennai confirming the same. They even offered to have someone wait by the vehicle if I needed to go somewhere , and asked if I needed taxi assistance too!

Since the breakdown was only a few hundred meters from where I am currently put up at, declined a taxi and since the vehicle was parked infront of a shop, had a word with the shopkeeper and he was okay with me leaving the vehicle there.

An hour and a half later, the towtruck arrived, loaded the vehicle in a couple of minutes, and off we were to the Shelar TVS workshop in Kothrud. All through the process, the lady at TVS office in Chennai was constantly in touch with me.

This actually brought out a lot of curious onlookers :

TVS launches 24/7 Roadside Assistance for 2-wheelers-breakdown_tvs.jpg

The towing was not charged to me , and they left after getting a stamp from the TVS A.S.S.

I still dont know what is wrong with the scoot, but a full 10/10 to TVS RSA!
The jobcard just mentions "Breakdown service".
sajo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 15:15   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So the actual RSA was not just a hogwash. Good they were responsive in assisting with the breakdown and getting the vehicle to the authorized service center.

Please do update us at what went wrong with the Scooter.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 15:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Sure, just got a call from the service advisor, who says they suspect a weak compression and they are still checking. Which is surprising, since I did not notice any loss of power or any other symptoms before it died.
Old 27th July 2017, 18:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
but a full 10/10 to TVS RSA!
Lovely! I doubt if RSA for any of our cars are so good. Glad to know your experience and even more glad that it was excellent. Since the time I owned an Apache FI, I have always been an admirer of TVS and this report of yours just make me feel even more happy.
Old 28th July 2017, 11:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Got the scooter back. They cleaned the air filter, drained the fuel and filled it back, and it started without an issue. Dont know what caused the stall though. Neither do they.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 11:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Why is the RSA only offered to only those under warranty? Or is it that it's free to vehicles under warranty, and paid for those out of it (i.e. if they avail of any services under the RSA umbrella?)?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 28th July 2017, 12:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Why is the RSA only offered to only those under warranty? Or is it that it's free to vehicles under warranty, and paid for those out of it (i.e. if they avail of any services under the RSA umbrella?)?

Cheers,
Vikram
I guess it is free only for those under primary warranty. Extended warranty and those out of it can avail of it for a small fee.

This is what the website has to say :

Quote:
This service will be provided to all TVS Motor 2 Wheelers either free of cost or at a reasonable cost to customers, depending on date of sale of vehicle & models covered.

- Free of Cost (FOC) :
All Motorcycles & Scooters sold before or after the date of launch of the program in the town shall be covered till the end of its primary warranty period (1 / 2 years as applicable)

- Chargeable Basis :
For Moped & Vehicles out of primary warranty, customers can avail the facility by paying service charge at the time of availing the service. No separate membership fee required.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 12:08   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the scooter back. They cleaned the air filter, drained the fuel and filled it back, and it started without an issue. Dont know what caused the stall though. Neither do they.
Interesting. They would have drained the from the carb and it would have started . Airfilter would not get choked so easily to not be able to start it at all.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 18:52   #11
BHPian

Availed the RSA after my accelerator cable snapped (see thread here) . Their new number is 18002587111. The executives were pleasant. They put me on the line with their mechanic who instantly said that it was an issue with the cable and would need to be towed. The call centre insisted that he come down and take a look. When he did come and confirm that it needed to be towed, they arranged for a van. Further, was told to hand over my keys to him if I wanted and move on so my daily schedule doesn't get affected. The best part was they booked an Ola for me too and paid for it (it's valid upto 25 km). Only drawbacks were:
1. This was a little time consuming
2. They tried to send me a link to trace my location but I never got it
3. Sent the scooter to a service centre different from the one I wanted after assuring me they would. In all fairness, they did try to call me but my phone died after using it continuously for so long
All in all it is a good service to avail
Old 27th January 2020, 19:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wish the same could be said about ROYAL ENFIELD Roadside Assistance! all I can say is that there is nothing royal about it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks