Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2006, 20:31   #16
BHPian

just read his comment that i have quoted, if you cant understand that i cant explain it to you, if you do then i dont need to
Old 16th October 2006, 10:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
What makes you and technocrat ask this question??
This statement...

Quote:
500 kms non stop is no joke on a commuter bike designed for our country.... here bikes are not designed for looooooong rides...
that too for a Pulsar 180 which the original poster has got
Old 23rd October 2006, 13:47   #18

hey folks!!!! i ve reached madras safe n sound!!! will tell u guys bout de bike n de whole journey soon!!!!
Old 23rd October 2006, 15:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
This statement... that too for a Pulsar 180 which the original poster has got
Wow... i didn't know that the pulsar was a cruiser... or at least as good as one...

... and that one could drive non stop for 500 kms without any back injuries or shoulder injuries... or hell any other related injuries...

sorry dude... my bad for comapring it to a harley... i wud have considered if it was a bullet... but a pulsar was hard to digest... just cos it has a 180 cc engine doesnt mean it's a cruiser.. i consider it more of a sprinter... no offence!!!

anyways thanks for the enlightenment...

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd October 2006 at 15:32.
Old 23rd October 2006, 17:26   #20
BHPian

yup riding hard and long on a pulsar 180 is impossible, i guess i am superman since i did 946kms in 22 hours last year on my pulsar 180. which included roughly 400kms of hill riding (Srinagar to Delhi) after 15 days of hard riding in ladakh. oh yes we regularly do 500+km round day trips here in delhi which normally last for 17-18hours and guess what all that on a pulsar! dont believe me check out the triplogs section of BCM Touring and you will know what indian motorcycles and indian riders can do http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
Old 23rd October 2006, 18:18   #21
BHPian

the p180 has a short stroke engine which makes it rev happy but not cruiser friendly. but if u really wanna achieve something, its very much doable. i mean u can even ride a moped for 24hrs, but the point is how stress free the engine does that. thats where the suare and over-square engines excel...
square engines - unicorn, fiero, apache
over-square - zma,T-bird and all bullets...
The square engines give the best of torque and revs in all ranges which is the best bet. The zma is undoubtedly the best touring bike in india. period.
Old 23rd October 2006, 18:52   #22
BHPian

Fieroid we are not discussing which motorcycle is the best when it comes to touring, just read the comment posted by n_aditya that I have quoted below.
Quote:
500 kms non stop is no joke on a commuter bike designed for our country.... here bikes are not designed for looooooong rides... if it was a harley then you need not even ask this question....
Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but a comment like this is not only degrading to pulsars but also to every motorcycle being manufactured in India.

Motorcycles manufactured in India are the real workhorses, be it any task they perform wonderfully. Try taking a Harley to Chang La or for that matter to Tanglang La, they wont even be able to reach the TCP’s before these passes let alone the summit of the pass it self! And most Indian motorcycles in good condition make it to the top without any fuss!

Most often then not it is the rider, who is the limiting factor when it comes to touring rather than the motorcycle itself!

Ps. Harley's don’t come any where near F650’s let alone FZR’s when it comes to touring, Harley’s only sell due to their cult following that they have developed over the years.
Old 23rd October 2006, 21:09   #23
DRC
BHPian

I have done 420 Kms of one stop riding on a LML vespa Select II, 375 kms non stop with a avg speed of 90 kmph on a KB100, with comfort to both myself and the bikes. I do not see any juice in the statement that Indian bikes are stressed in this area.

I am still not comparing with an Harley here.
Old 23rd October 2006, 22:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh sarkar
Fieroid we are not discussing which motorcycle is the best when it comes to touring, just read the comment posted by n_aditya that I have quoted below.
.................................................. ..
Ps. Harley's don’t come any where near F650’s let alone FZR’s when it comes to touring, Harley’s only sell due to their cult following that they have developed over the years.
Hmmm..ur post was on aditya...but i was on the engine front.
ya, its not a joke to call our machines so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
I have done 420 Kms of one stop riding on a LML vespa Select II, 375 kms non stop with a avg speed of 90 kmph on a KB100, with comfort to both myself and the bikes. I do not see any juice in the statement that Indian bikes are stressed in this area.

if u know what i mean....the stroking of diff engines matter a lot to its cruisability and capability to take high speeds...if its all blast mode a short stoke engine is good....any bike here in india has the nerves to run 24hrs. every engine is taken to destructive tests before launch and all our bikes and passed it.
Stress on the engine is a diff matter altogether..

Note from Moderator: Kindly avoid quoting entire post

Last edited by adya33 : 25th October 2006 at 12:56.
Old 25th October 2006, 10:37   #25

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by adya33 : 25th October 2006 at 12:57.
Old 26th October 2006, 10:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wow... i didn't know that the pulsar was a cruiser... or at least as good as one...

... and that one could drive non stop for 500 kms without any back injuries or shoulder injuries... or hell any other related injuries...

sorry dude... my bad for comapring it to a harley... i wud have considered if it was a bullet... but a pulsar was hard to digest... just cos it has a 180 cc engine doesnt mean it's a cruiser.. i consider it more of a sprinter... no offence!!!

anyways thanks for the enlightenment...

They Say Ignorance is bliss... how true this statement is now I Know

Anyways I think Other have already posted what I wanted to.
Old 26th October 2006, 11:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but a comment like this is not only degrading to pulsars but also to every motorcycle being manufactured in India.

Motorcycles manufactured in India are the real workhorses, be it any task they perform wonderfully. Try taking a Harley to Chang La or for that matter to Tanglang La, they wont even be able to reach the TCP’s before these passes let alone the summit of the pass it self! And most Indian motorcycles in good condition make it to the top without any fuss!

Most often then not it is the rider, who is the limiting factor when it comes to touring rather than the motorcycle itself!

well let me be clear my friend... i did not intend to degrade indian bikes nor offend any bikers... all i wanted to convey was IMO they are not manufactured keeping in mind such long rides and other torturous conditions... it is not JUST the bike but the comfort and safety of bikers also that needs to be considered... yes it is NO joke riding for 500 kms non stop...

P.S. I own an indian bike myself. i hope the argument ends here.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th October 2006 at 11:28.
Old 26th October 2006, 20:36   #28
BHPian

Hi Friends,

No doubt Pulsar180 is really a good bike and I donot know whether it is made for long journeys or not but I have already done several journey on my p180 and I can bet that u can drive ur pulsar for several hours with 100 or more speed prvided it should have good e.oil , I generally use power1, earliar I had classic non dtsi p180 which is awesome for long rides though my new black edition is also good but donot have that top end .

I issue which I noticed in my last journey (from delhi to Jaipur i.e 275 Kms one side) is that when my speed is close to 110 and I m trying to touch 120 but suddenly my speed start to degrade ..I mean rpm speed went to 105 from 115approx despite full throttle also rpm drop alonwith that.Can anybody tell me why this happened. Though I took an immidiate break and after all went Ok.no performence issues...nothing.But 1st time I faced this issue and I really like to know.

Also please any body tell what should be the RPM at 120 KMR for p180 black.
Old 26th October 2006, 22:32   #29
BHPian

In that case your engine is over heating! Power 1 is not a suitable oil for Pulsar 180's especially if you do touring. specified grade for Pulsar 180's is 20w50 and power 1 is 15w40. better change the engine oil to caltex revtex 20w50 or castrol active 4t extra 20w50.

n_aditya dont want to drag this issue, but how much touring have you done?
Old 27th October 2006, 10:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yogesh Contrary to popular belief I used Power 1 for over 10k kms in my 180 DTSi & I was extremely happy with it

Also Heard of a poor chap who didnt know what Touring Bikes are & therefore he is out there covering 1000 miles each day on an R1 he was passing or passed from India too. If only he knew R1 aint a touring bike

Sorry for the pun but just wanted to clear this myth tourers & cruisers make longer distance travles easier but that doesnt mean that long distance can be done only on such bikes. Peace

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th October 2006 at 10:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks