Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2018, 14:48   #376
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Quote:
Although, now those who would like to see the bike in the flesh and probably take it for a ride will be able to do so from December 15, 2018. According to reports from Jawa, the first set of dealerships will be open from December 5th in key regions across the country. Jn the first wave Classic Legends will open 64 outlets, working up to a full strength of 105 outlets. Both, the Jawa and Jawa 42 will be available for test rides at these dealerships and those who would rather put their money down at the dealerships will be able to do so at a marginal cost of Rs 5,000. Deliveries are expected to start in January.
https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...india/1401083/
Old 4th December 2018, 13:40   #377
BANNED

Spotted the JAWA dealership (Coming Soon) at Ranigunj, Hyderabad.

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img_20181204_1207022320x1305.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img_20181204_1207072320x1305.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 05:16   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Same feeling here - One sounds more like an original Jawa, and the other more like an Enfield!
My first thought on hearing that was just that they are in different gears & speeds. The first guy on the 42 is going at a higher speed, maybe in a lower gear and the second guy is cruising slower at a higher gear.
Old 5th December 2018, 14:52   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Can confirm three more showrooms for Bangalore.

1. Skanda Motors, Dr Rajaji Nagar.
Jawa Motorcycles Skanda Motors Bangalore
No 1036 4N block, Dr Rajkumar Rd, Udayam Nagar, Rajaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560010
077603 55955
https://goo.gl/maps/mtHsjsEYHM62
There is a small correction in Rajaji Nagar location.

I stay very near to this location and the actual JAWA showroom is coming up at a different place but on the same road few meters away [Dr. Rajkumar road].

I spoke with the showroom representative about this discrepancy and as per him this is already corrected in the website.

Showroom will be officially inaugurated on Dec 21st 2018, test drives will be available by this month end.

Here is the correct address:

SG Construction Projects, 1035, Dr Rajkumar Rd, SSI Industrial Area,
4th Block, Rajaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560010

https://goo.gl/maps/EXg267q9po92
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-01fec8791f744058acfabb42a14d8c01.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-67ac30ad82cb4d2e8aaacad0ce84f199.jpg  

Full_Minchingu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 07:53   #380
BHPian

Pune dealers:

Chinchwad Station

Lane No 5, Koregaon Park

near Cafe Coffee Day, Baner

(See attached map image with dealers marked with a red star)

Some observations:
a) All the dealers announced so far are to the North of Pune (if one were to divide Pune horizontally). No dealers in the Katraj, Kondhwa, Hadapsar belt.

b) There was a press release that Jawa showrooms would be placed next to RE showrooms. None of the Jawa Pune dealers are next to RE showrooms (from what I can make out).

c) Another speculation was that Mahindra Two Wheeler dealers would also add Jawa to their portfolio. That too does not seem to have happened so far at least in Pune. And who can blame them?

I will try to go to Koregaon Park (which is closest to where I live) over the weekend and see if the dealership is showing signs of coming to life.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-pune-jawa-dealers-1.png  

Old 6th December 2018, 09:18   #381
BHPian

I was just starting to love the Jawa grey, when Classic Legends decide to take a U turn with the shade of grey. The earlier pictures was a dark smoke grey, which has now turned into almost white.
Graven5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 12:46   #382
BHPian

So this is the new Jawa Grey as per their website. I was drooling over the earlier Jawa grey pictures and now this happens. I think they could have at least retained the grey and accommodated this white colour as another option. The grey was so pleasing colour to the eyes. Hope they bring that shade at least later.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-jawagrey.png  

Old 6th December 2018, 13:58   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
Pune dealers:

Chinchwad Station

Lane No 5, Koregaon Park

b) There was a press release that Jawa showrooms would be placed next to RE showrooms. None of the Jawa Pune dealers are next to RE showrooms (from what I can make out).
Well the upcoming baner dealership is pretty close to the RE dealership. I'd say its walking distance away.
jomson13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 14:15   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
Pune dealers:

Chinchwad Station

Lane No 5, Koregaon Park

Some observations:
a) All the dealers announced so far are to the North of Pune (if one were to divide Pune horizontally). No dealers in the Katraj, Kondhwa, Hadapsar belt.
I dont see it as a problem because:
a. Chinchwad showroom can cover entire PCMC and Alandi side of Pune (except Hinjewadi, Wakad etc.)
b. Baner showroom can cover Aundh, Aundh Road, Khadaki, Wakad, Hinjewadi, Bavdhan (up till Kothrud)
C. Koregaon Park Showroom can cover entire South Pune
May be i am wrong but i think they are focusing more on working millenials in suburb areas. In fact three dedicated showrooms to start with is good move, considering they have just one product category (Jawa).

Regards,
Shubhendra

Last edited by Shubhendra : 6th December 2018 at 14:16.
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 16:51   #385
BHPian

Its already 7th of December, did any of the showrooms really open for walk-ins in any part of the country? And no news on the date of media drives, keep hearing that it is coming very soon.
Old 7th December 2018, 18:00   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhu_Bengaluru View Post
Its already 7th of December, did any of the showrooms really open for walk-ins in any part of the country? And no news on the date of media drives, keep hearing that it is coming very soon.
I checked with the guy in Gurgaon (Delhi NCR) and he said their showroom is opening on 22nd December. As per him the showrooms in India will start opening after 15th December when they are ready and have display vehicles in stock.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 15:13   #387
BHPian

The Jawa dealership as mentioned in the official website for Siliguri, West Bengal seems no where in sight. There is not even a single poster in the site which is notified in the website. Either this is a half hearted attempt on the part of Jawa or they have got the entire location wrong. Anyways, no Jawa dealership in Siliguri as of today and the 15th December deadline is fast approaching.
Old 10th December 2018, 07:37   #388
BHPian

Jawa media drives are slated to be held in Udaipur on 12th and 13th Dec.

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/jawa-mo...mpression=true
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-jawamediarideinvite.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-jawamotorcyclesmediarideindia.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 12:34   #389
R.G
BHPian

Had a visit to the proposed Jawa showroom location in Trivandrum. There is only a huge “coming soon” banner in front of a dilapidated building diagonally across the road from Mahindra showroom.

December 15 - 18 this year does not look like an optimistic date for the Trivandrum showroom for me. From the way it looks , it would take another two months if they start now . I wonder when will the deliveries start, post the test ride etc . Any one with insights on these?

Having booked a 42 , I would only proceed with the purchase after I am convinced about the after sales support and service . Classic legends will have to ensure customer gets a clear picture of how well their rides will be honoured after this initial bling is over
Old 11th December 2018, 18:47   #390
Team-BHP Support

What to expect from Jawa dealerships?

A cafe, a heritage wall, community hangouts and a retro vibe to the whole theme - as per ACI.

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...-expect-410758

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks