Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 14:16   #661
R.G
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

For me and I think many of the people who have booked , "waiting period" is not the primary concern . It is the lack of information on what is on offer. The motorbike I saw and rode was a pre-production version. As a person who booked the bike , I should know what is the final product like . We have waited till the time frame Classic Legends promised the final version would be out . Now it is for them to answer our concerns.

There is no news or information on what is that we should expect . Just as the vlogger who got his Jawa 42 , I am also a commoner who has a lot of questions on what would the final product be. Most of his questions for which he has no answer are something I have shared in this forum earlier. There is no backrest , crash guard etc as a standard option . Come on , I am paying Rs. 2L on a bike with no gimmicks or fancy electronics and these are the bare basics I can expect. ( I have limited knowledge if other bikes do offer these as extra )

Rush lane has published an article on the frustrated customers who did book a bike and have no clue on what is happening .

Quote:
As per sales data shared by Auto Punditz, a total of 54 units of Jawa motorcycles were dispatched in March 2019. This includes dealership display and test ride bikes, along with the few delivered to lucky customers.
Does this mean , most ( if not all )of the people opted for dual channel ABS ? Why is that the major media houses does not have access to the final production version ? Whom should we approach and get clarity on the concerns we have?

Off topic : I find the new Dominar 400 a better bang for the buck , though it is in a different league all together.

Last edited by R.G : 22nd April 2019 at 14:19.
R.G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:48   #662
BHPian

It's not just about the waiting period, there are quite a few reasons why the prospective customers of Jawa are restless and demanding answers from the CLPL group.

Those who have booked the bikes online in the month of November, 2018: They have already waited for long enough, but its criminal of CLPL not to provide them any timeline, they deserve to know when their bikes will be delivered. Their social media has been doing a copy paste job with repetitive answers. A mail/SMS from CLPL with a definitive timeline would have been better.

Those who have booked at the dealerships(me included) in later stages: We are worried that if this is the state of bookings from November, what's going to happen to our bookings.

Now this is just about the delivery, apart from this there are other things that worry all of us:
1. The dreaded "Final production version", this term was used widely by CLPL at the time of launch, for every problem found with the bikes they had only one answer: "The final production version will be different and will not be having all these problems", but we haven't seen the final production version yet(in person).
2. Lack of accessories, for a bike that was announced in November last year, how come CLPL has not worked with accessory manufactures to make them manufacture accessories for the Jawa bikes?
3. The changes that were supposed to be made in the "final production version" are not to be seen in the bikes delivered to few lucky customers (seat length, foot peg position etc).
4. The dealerships are there just for taking the bookings, they don't seem to have any kind of information, ask them a question and they will just throw some random info at you.

I have booked the 42 with the prior knowledge that, I might have to wait for at least '6-8 months', and I am in no hurry to get the bike, I have stated the same even before booking the bike, the idea was and is, once the production bikes are in the market and people start to ride them, there will be ownership reviews, there will be a complete picture, if everything is good, I don't mind waiting for 10-12 months, but if not I can cancel the booking and book other bike, may be a baby ceeber or the dominor.

Last edited by tchsvy : 22nd April 2019 at 15:50.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 17:07   #663
Senior - BHPian

Jawa March 2019 Sales At 54 Units – Unhappy Owners Cancel Booking

Being Rushlane, please take the news with a pinch of salt...

Quote:
Ever since its launch on 15th November 2018, Jawa has been very active on social media. They have been most vocal on Twitter. Be it dealership openings, wishing their followers on festival, sharing updates about awards received, interviews from newspapers, and so on.

Compared to all other months since launch of Jawa, month of April 2019 has seen the least activity on their official twitter handle. Only 3 updates have been posted by the company till now. The first one is their founder’s interview in a magazine, second one is about dealership opening and the third one is about Jawa about to achieve a dealership network of 100.

But surprisingly, there is no update on the question which is being asked by most of their followers on twitter – and that is when will they get delivery of their Jawa motorcycle? Search on social media will reveal that thousands are waiting for an update regarding Jawa delivery.

Since the start of 2019, many have been asking Jawa when will deliveries start, when is the first Jawa going to be delivered, and so on. Finally in the second week of March 2019, Jawa revealed that deliveries will start in the 4th week of March 2019, as the company will finish setting up 100 dealers in the 3rd week of March 2019.

First Jawa motorcycle was delivered on 30th March 2019. On the same day, and the next day, few more have had been delivered. As per sales data shared by Auto Punditz, a total of 54 units of Jawa motorcycles were dispatched in March 2019. This includes dealership display and test ride bikes, along with the few delivered to lucky customers.

It is not clear as to how many bikes the company has been delivered in the month of April. Most dealers we spoke to have said that they have no update from the company regarding delivery timeline. Some of the customers who had booked Jawa in the month of November 2018 we spoke to, have no idea when will they get delivery of their motorcycle. This has also resulted in a few customer angry with the company as there has been no updates regarding delivery process. Some have even gone ahead and cancelled booking of their Jawa motorcycle and bought another motorcycle.

There is no doubt that the demand for Jawa is huge. There are probably thousands who have booked the motorcycle till now. We cannot say for certain as to how many are waiting to get delivery of Jawa, as the company has not revealed total booking numbers received. But the company did say that the booking numbers are huge enough for order books to be full till Sep 2019. Dealers are currently accepting bookings and are giving delivery timeline as Dec 2019.
Source : https://www.rushlane.com/jawa-owners...ZDoNRpgaK4eui0

Last edited by SDP : 22nd April 2019 at 21:19. Reason: Typo
aargee is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 17:40   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
I strongly defend Jawa or for that matter any company on the above statement and find no fault with 'enjoying customer's money' as every person who puts in the booking amount (2.5% of bike value) knows what is the expected delivery timeline and how long his money is going to get locked with Jawa.
That's why i used the word "Ethics" instead of saying that CL is cheating customers. All they have done is delivered 54 bikes. That's not even a bike per dealer. At individual level, 2.5% might not be much but imagine the numbers when you multiply that with say 50000 People.

if you cannot deliver in agreed time frame why take more bookings. Meet the existing demand first instead.

Quote:
when it comes to home grown brands like TATA and Mahindra, people perceive these desi manufacturers differently.
Apologies but i never said anything against jawa just because they are indian brand. People who booked their bikes in november expected a delivery in March, We all know they are no where. It have nothing with indian or foreign brand. In any business, you do simple supply-demand survey to get basics rights. clearly CL have done zero math.
.sushilkumar is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 11:43   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
if you cannot deliver in agreed time frame why take more bookings. Meet the existing demand first instead.
I am sure someone else might call Jawa unethical if they stopped taking new bookings and decline to serve them on a first come first serve basis. At the end of the day, no business can shut door on prospective customers.

Regarding delay in delivery, it's a complex circle of getting the vendors supply on time and getting quality checks in place amongst many issues from a manufacturer point of view and I am happy with it as long as they follow the booking order and I get the quality product even if they don't stick to their delivery timelines. At the end of the day, either I can wait as long as it takes to get the bike or cancel my booking and find no point in cribbing over the situation we find ourselves in and blaming the manufacturer.

As far as updates on the delivery schedule are concerned, I have been informed by my dealer that my bike is not in the current lot of 24 bikes arriving this month end at the dealership and can expect delivery by mid-May. I am pretty much kept in the loop by my dealership and have no qualms about that either.
Old 25th April 2019, 13:56   #666
BHPian

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/bi...ptember/406266

Quote:
Jawa Motorcycles, which has been at the receiving end of some harsh criticism and trolling on the internet for the lag in deliveries of its bikes, Jawa and Jawa Forty Two, has assured that it will fulfil them by September, 2019 as previously stated by the company.
Old 28th April 2019, 21:19   #667
BHPian

As received on WhatsApp:

Mighty impressed by Jawa's efforts to keep themselves in the limelight on social media!

Quote:
This B & W photo is of 5 fighter pilots of Bareilly based IAF Squadron; taken prior to 1971 war. All of them had Jawa motorcycles, a cool style statement in those days.
The Squadron was deployed in the Eastern theatre for '71 operations. These pilots flew over East Pakistan and shot down Sabre jets in dog fights.

The Jawa Motorcycle Company has now launched a modern version of it's iconic model of yesteryears.
To commemorate the spirit of youngsters of yore, the Company traced out four of the survivors in the old photo.
They were invited to Delhi for a presentation ceremony, which took place at Manekshaw Centre recently.
You can see the four veterans in this photo and a fifth motorcycle with only a helmet to mark the missing man.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img20190428wa0256.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img20190428wa0257.jpg  

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 28th April 2019 at 21:20.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 00:20   #668
BHPian

Apparently the center stand is a factory fitted accessory, but the first batches were not delivered with one fitted, so they have started providing a center stand to those customers. I think CLPL is closely following the forums and social media and taking the feedback seriously, thats a good news!

As someone who posted the news that the center stand was not a factory fitment, I am quite happy to be proven wrong and believe its my responsibility to post this update, cheers!
tchsvy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 15:42   #669
BHPian

Jawa should also offer a tacho meter, at least as an accessory.
Ashley Nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 21:31   #670
BHPian

Perhaps, offering the center stand and the leg guard as standard fitment can offset the excruciatingly painful waiting period atleast for those who booked the motorcycle online within 25/12/2018. I would be very happy if Classic Legends hears out this request from an avid fan and prospective customer of the Jawa 42.
maverickrider00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 07:16   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickrider00 View Post
Perhaps, offering the center stand and the leg guard as standard fitment can offset the excruciatingly painful waiting period atleast for those who booked the motorcycle online within 25/12/2018.
Leg/crash guard costs Rs 1000 and backrest with carrier costs Rs 2000 in Bengaluru. Only standard accessories are centre stand and saree guard. Confirmed the same with my dealer as well as Jawa Corporate office guy who called me to inform my bike has been despatched from the factory.
ar134 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 10:32   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Jawa Corporate office guy who called me to inform my bike has been despatched from the factory.
Congrats! Will be eagerly waiting for your ownership thread.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 16:48   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Leg/crash guard costs Rs 1000 and backrest with carrier costs Rs 2000 in Bengaluru. Only standard accessories are centre stand and saree guard. Confirmed the same with my dealer as well as Jawa Corporate office guy who called me to inform my bike has been despatched from the factory.
Nice to hear that!! What's your booking date?
Old 30th April 2019, 16:57   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Nice to hear that!! What's your booking date?
15-11-18, 2143 hrs to be precise

44x1 booking id for the first day.
ar134 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 17:17   #675
BHPian

Quote:
15-11-18, 2143 hrs to be precise

44x1 booking id for the first day.
Wow! Congratulations.

Mine is 22-11-18 and just spoke with the customer care. They said someone will call in coming weeks. I hope it is just 2-3 weeks.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed