Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 17:26   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
15-11-18, 2143 hrs to be precise

44x1 booking id for the first day.
Awesome, I booked on 20th November but later upgraded to dual disc option. I don't know when my turn will come.
getsurya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 15:53   #677
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

I was happy to see this on my twitter feed today:

Name:  JAWA.png
Views: 2715
Size:  472.8 KB

Those positive vibes lasted only till I came across this:

https://www.rushlane.com/where-is-my-jawa-12307438.html

Quote:
From my estimated guess it seems Jawa (Mahindra) has totally screwed up with it’s vendoring of one or several essential components that go into Jawa. Either the vendor cannot supply the parts to a quality that is needed or vendor supply was severely overestimated. Is this a problem between the manufacturer and its vendors? I don’t know since people have been kept in the dark. The motorcycle has already passed all certifications by ARAI to be legally sold in the country.
Now, this is only guesswork, so I was willing to ignore it, then when they mentioned about fake posts and replies on social media, I checked them out and voila!

Links to social media posts/replies from the Rushlane article:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2061...1434507699481/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2061...1434507699481/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2061...0992161077049/

So, CLPL's PR is doing all it can to paint a positive picture, but without bikes on the road, its all in vain. And IMHO these are cheap tactics to divert the negative comments they are getting for each post they are posting on social media. Honestly, it's all getting little dark now and I hope at least now CLPL(or even Anand Mahindra) comes forward and clears the air, the dealerships who invested lots of money and the customers who put their trust in CLPL without even seeing the bike in flesh deserve to know what's going on.

Last edited by tchsvy : 3rd May 2019 at 16:14.
tchsvy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:29   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
So, CLPL's PR is doing all it can to paint a positive picture, but without bikes on the road, its all in vain. And IMHO these are cheap tactics to divert the negative comments they are getting for each post they are posting on social media.
Well, seems to be par for the course with this brand: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahind...ents-motorbeam

Though, not just Mahindra, am pretty sure ALL big brands across ALL product segments post fake positives online using PR agencies and multiple fake handles/accounts. SOP these days. Used to work in advertising and still have a few friends who work for PR agencies- the stories you hear after hours will be more than enough to make you view ANYTHING put out by a brand with skepticism.

Thank god for independent forums like ours!

Still we have more than enough people online who invest their emotional security (or should that be insecurity) into a brand that they do free PR for them online and defend them against any bad review posted by other users! Very strange. Love your particular vehicle guys, never the brand, no brand treats consumers well, especially in our country.

Last edited by am1m : 3rd May 2019 at 16:30.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 21:48   #679
BHPian

Quote:
I was happy to see this on my twitter feed today:

So, CLPL's PR is doing all it can to paint a positive picture, but without bikes on the road, its all in vain. And IMHO these are cheap tactics to divert the negative comments they are getting for each post they are posting on social media. Honestly, it's all getting little dark now and I hope at least now CLPL(or even Anand Mahindra) comes forward and clears the air, the dealerships who invested lots of money and the customers who put their trust in CLPL without even seeing the bike in flesh deserve to know what's going on.
Hi! Greetings to all,

Observations: Mr.Anupam Thareja, Founder- Classic Legends, explained in one of his interviews with the press, approx November 2018, that he had this Brand- JAWA, a factory for production line and assembly, vendors, and fans of Iconic and what not of yesteryears! and the business model was all ready and in place, very low investment, high demand, etc.

Now, we have elections, next the govt has some embargo on imported steel from China, is my guess. Vendors are given a order based delivery, so CL will place order for manufacture and assembly of X numbers, and the production will complete the order. It's now anybody's guess what can go wrong.

Regards to all.
joednazareth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 10:52   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joednazareth View Post
Now, we have elections, next the govt has some embargo on imported steel from China, is my guess.

Regards to all.
Found below on steel imports from china. They have imposed anti dumping duty on them apparently

Government imposes anti-dumping duty on certain steel products from China

The above duty was imposed on 19 oct 2019 while jawa was launched on 15 Nov 2018. That is almost a month after steel embargo. I would have given them benefit of doubt if it was afterwards. There is lot that Mr Anupam need to answer to it's customers and shareholders.

IMO, they have lost lot of good will already. By coming clean, i am sure people will appreciate their honesty and openness. You cannot build & keep a brand going with deceit & lies for too long.
Old 4th May 2019, 17:34   #681
BHPian

There is something seriously wrong with Classic Legends. Either they did not foresee such demand and their production facilities were not geared up to churn out a corresponding number of motorcycles, or something in the supply chain cracked (is there a sense of a conspiracy theory here - something like when Tata launched their first passenger car?), or maybe it's just a classic example of really bad planning.

All said and done, it is high time they pulled up their socks and started delivering what is obviously a decent motorcycle to the people who have reposed their faith in it.

Maybe time for Mr Mahindra to step in?

Last edited by Ironhide : 4th May 2019 at 17:41.
Ironhide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 18:02   #682
BHPian

I myself saw two batches of 24 and 9 bikes arriving at my dealership within a span of 1 week with my bike being one of them and see no reason why we should speculate that too being armed with half baked information from various sources on the internet as is evident in the last few posts.

My sincere advise to all prospective customers who find the waiting process too much to handle: Cancel your bookings and look for other options rather than venting out your frustration with various conspiracy theories.

I don't defend allegations regarding their PR agency etc but you can't have a real time update on your bike booking on lines similar to e-retailers have on the products we purchase online.

P.S: I am on the rolls of the Central Government of India undertaking only and not paid to defend any manufacturer !

Last edited by ar134 : 4th May 2019 at 18:04.
ar134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 23:27   #683
BHPian

Quote:
I myself saw two batches of 24 and 9 bikes arriving at my dealership within a span of 1 week
That's a really good and positive news, something that all were waiting for.

Quote:
with my bike being one of them
Congratulations! I hope you will be the beacon of light we all 'prospective' customers were waiting for, we will be looking forward for your ownership thread, hope it will be up soon!

Quote:
and see no reason why we should speculate that too being armed with half baked information from various sources on the internet as is evident in the last few posts.
It (half baked information from various sources) was all we were getting, that's exactly why all were waiting for an official statement from CLPL.

Quote:
My sincere advise to all prospective customers who find the waiting process too much to handle: Cancel your bookings and look for other options rather than venting out your frustration with various conspiracy theories.
With all due respect, if I didn't like the bike I would have done that, like few hundreds might have already done. But it ticks most of the checkboxes for me at least on paper, my concerns were and are 1. After sales service 2. How it would fare in long term, and to know these we need few bikes on the road, hence I was waiting for the deliveries to happen. And like I have already mentioned earlier I was informed that I will have to wait for 6-8 months when I booked the bike, I don't have any right to complaint after only couple of months, and I am pretty aware of that, and the rants were not about the waiting period but about the complete lack of communication from CLPL's end and the shady PR was only adding more fuel to the conspiracy theories.

Quote:
I don't defend allegations regarding their PR agency etc but you can't have a real time update on your bike booking on lines similar to e-retailers have on the products we purchase online.
Agreed on the e-retailers part, but if the PR is doing a shady job, it's bound to raise few eyebrows, don't you think?

Quote:
P.S: I am on the rolls of the Central Government of India undertaking only and not paid to defend any manufacturer !
And I am on the state Government's payroll, and don't have anything against the company, infact I am so in love with their priduct, that I only want them to succeed, more options to choose from will only give more power to the customers!

And Sir, like some great soul said, love your job but not your employer like wise I am quoting a bhpian here, "love the product, but not the manufacturer". Cheers!

Last edited by tchsvy : 4th May 2019 at 23:34.
tchsvy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 08:45   #684
BHPian

Quote:
I am quoting a bhpian here, "love the product, but not the manufacturer". Cheers!
Jawa will call prospective owners only once their bike is ready for despatch from factory and not otherwise. I repeat don't expect any other updates except for maybe checking out for delivery dates of those who have booked a few days ahead of you. If your bike is not ready for despatch, I don't know what other status or update is required. Maybe someone is expecting a '34 days ,18 hours , 21 minutes , 55 seconds' countdown for your bike to be delivered.:banghead:

A little OT : I am sure when Royal Enfield had long waiting queues people hardly have a damn and danced to the tunes of the company with no fuss. Just because I have a newbie like Jawa, we treat them with disdain and accuse them of the all the bad in the world as we know they are not the 'mighty' RE which sells outdated tech at inflated costs (sadly, that's what we deserve!).

So no point in hiding behind the 'only information available is half baked news' excuse and bad mouth the company. Imagine if the same had happened with your or my organisation with us having done nothing wrong but left no stone unturned to establish the setup and followed the booking order religiously, how would we feel?

I neither love 'the product' nor 'the manufacturer' , I just love my bike/car !
Old 5th May 2019, 10:30   #685
BHPian

I quote myself, "the rants were not about the waiting period", rather there were few unanswered questions that the prospective customers were looking for answers. At least I was not looking for a timeline, that I have already mentioned in my previous posts.

The difference with other 'established brands' is that Jawa is not an established brand, any company will build their reputation, trust, brand loyality with their products, brick by brick. Without a product on the roads, with each promise unfulfilled, they are bound to face some criticism from the 'prospective customers'.

I don't have any agenda to badmouth CL, and Sir, this is indeed an excellent platforn to have a healthy discussion like we are having now AND to share concerns in a hope that somebody like you or any other inforned bhpian might have an insight/internal info and there is good chance that the manufacturers themselves come out with few statements addressing those concerns.

With a reference to article 19, I rest my case.

Last edited by tchsvy : 5th May 2019 at 10:31.
tchsvy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 11:02   #686
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure when Royal Enfield had long waiting queues people hardly have a damn and danced to the tunes of the company with no fuss. Just because I have a newbie like Jawa, we treat them with disdain and accuse them of the all the bad in the world as we know they are not the 'mighty' RE which sells outdated tech at inflated costs (sadly, that's what we deserve!).
I am no fan of RE but few things to mention.

A) Royal Enfield is a established brand under a established group. They are selling in Indian market for decades now. When they quote a waiting period, people accept it knowing that factories are churning bikes and dealers are busy delivering / servicing them. Go to any RE showroom and see yourself.

B) Jawa is getting this treatment because neither they are established brand not they have a history to be looked upon. I hope you know that the shop which downed shutter earlier was a different entity and current one have zero relation to them & is as good as any startup.

C) Their dealers are more clue less than customers. They are busy killing mosquitos. I am yet to see a single bike in NCR.

Apart from name, they have nothing & they have played on that brand value till date but you goo that far only.

FYI - RE doesn't sell any outdated technology. Their bikes are as modern as anybody else in the market. High time, that we write things responsibly.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 5th May 2019 at 11:03.
.sushilkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 11:34   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

A) Royal Enfield is a established brand under a established group. They are selling in Indian market for decades now. When they quote a waiting period, people accept it knowing that factories are churning bikes and dealers are busy delivering / servicing them. Go to any RE showroom and see yourself.

B) Jawa is getting this treatment because neither they are established brand not they have a history to be looked upon. I hope you know that the shop which downed shutter earlier was a different entity and current one have zero relation to them & is as good as any startup.

C) Their dealers are more clue less than customers. They are busy killing mosquitos. I am yet to see a single bike in NCR.

Apart from name, they have nothing & they have played on that brand value till date but you goo that far only.

FYI - RE doesn't sell any outdated technology. Their bikes are as modern as anybody else in the market. High time, that we write things responsibly.
A) When we have 'an established player with decades of expertise in manufacturing bikes:, I find it amusing why people are booking a new bike by a 'fringe player' with no background (on the contrary Mojo engine is far superior to RE 350 on all fronts) and getting eager by the minute to get their bikes delivered which borders on frustration. For your information sir, I have an RE 350 at home (owned by my cousin) and know everything about the showroom, the way they make you fill forms regarding current and past bikes you have owned while booking as if they are evaluating whether even a booking is worth taking or not (all these in the past though !) to the current scenario of bikes being readily available off the shelf (except the twins, which Jawa doesn't compete with) and showroom people bugging you to book/test ride their older bikes. Regarding the ownership experience of RE bike we have , one has to be a part-time mechanic to live with it happily!

B). Sir, I would place on record and confess with all humility I have done a thorough research of what would just be my second bike (after Pulsar 150) before I have put in 2 lakh rupees of my hard earned money on this bike. For me , old Jawa or legacy doesn't matter but knowledgeable enthusiasts like you would surely appreciate the fact that current Jawa stable has Mr Boman Irani of the erstwhile Ideal Jawa family, if at all that point was important while analysing the capability and legacy of the bike.

C) Dealers have put in atleast 2 crores per dealership and would have done their SWOT analysis. With due respect Sir, let us not worry about dealers and allow admins on Team-BHP to do their job of judging how irresponsible my posts appear rather than you donning their hats forcefully !

When they have nothing to offer, I don't know what's the fuss about when you have the choice to ignore and look elsewhere. Don't think it's a good idea to thrust down upon someone's throat the views you dearly value though.

I compared Technology on Mojo bikes to RE 350/500 ( of course not twins as they are at a different price point and segment) and it's anybody's guess on this forum to take a stand.

High time, we remain tolerant towards each other's views than to reduce the standard/decorum of Team BHP debates to the level of prime time news channels debates and shut each other making personal attacks

Last edited by ar134 : 5th May 2019 at 11:55.
Old 5th May 2019, 11:54   #688
BHPian

Quote:
A) When we have an established player with decades of expertise in manufacturing bikes, I find it amusing why people are booking a new bike by a 'fringe player' with no background (on the contrary Mojo engine is far superior to RE 350 on all fronts) and getting eager by the minute to get their bikes delivered which borders on frustration.
I don't want to make it RE vs Jawa thread & discuss which is better. Please re-read the initial statements issued by JAWA wrt to deliveries.

Quote:
B) current Jawa stable has Mr Boman Irani of the erstwhile Ideal Jawa family, if at all that point was important while analysing the capability and legacy of the bike.
How does association of mr Boman Irani helps here to end user. He is a artist par excellence with zero experience in auto manufacturing. Point is , RE have a history of delivering on promises while all jawa have done so far is "empty Promises" and good social media management.

Quote:
C) Dealers have put in atleast 2 crores per dealership and would have done their SWOT analysis. With due respect Sir, let us not worry about dealers and allow admins on Team-BHP to do their job of judging how irresponsible my posts appear rather than you donning their hats forcefully !
You lost the point. I am least bothered with dealers and their SWOT analysis. I am just trying to highlight the lack of information and transparency with in CLPL family.
.sushilkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 12:09   #689
BHPian

Quote:
How does association of mr Boman Irani helps here to end user.
I categorically stated for me the family or legacy doesn't matter. Mr Anupam Thareja and Mr Ashish Joshi are credited with the turnaround of RE in India by none other than the current RE bosses.

If there is any information , it would be passed on to customers. I am not sure CLPL can manufacture information for the sake of it. Regarding transparency of delivery information, kindly refer to Rushlane article posted in this thread earlier by a fellow BHPian which has bookings numbers and estimated delivery timelines. From personal experience , I can vouch for the fact that delivery timelines as stated in the article have been adhered to with a margin of maximum 1 week delay.

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2019 at 08:05. Reason: STRICTLY no rude posts or personal attacks on Team-BHP
Old 5th May 2019, 23:31   #690
BHPian

Quote:
How does association of mr Boman Irani helps here to end user. He is a artist par excellence with zero experience in auto manufacturing.
I guess you have mistook this Boman Irani for the actual Boman R Irani behind Jawa motorcycles and CLPL.
jpcoolguy is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed