Team-BHP - Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/181224-mahindra-bringing-jawa-back-edit-launched-rs-1-55-lakh-51.html)

Mahindra continues to puzzle me with what looks like wrong reporting to SIAM with zero dispatches for the months of April and May. A quick hop onto the Facebook page of the local dealer shows a lot of deliveries. How can that happen if Mahindra claims it isnt sending the bikes to the dealerships :Frustrati

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-64281717_464768217591738_4606996489665773568_o.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-62439989_464768160925077_1606641407374655488_o.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-64559353_464768054258421_6895574095421767680_o.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-64238809_464768007591759_8348652907087790080_o.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4607539)
Mahindra continues to puzzle me with what looks like wrong reporting to SIAM with zero dispatches for the months of April and May.

Perhaps, Classic legends has stopped sharing monthly dispatch numbers with SIAM. Or their PR team is working towards a campaign of '10,000 bikes delivered in xyz days' (am I giving them ideas?).
As far as I remember, every manufacturer isn't compelled to share their numbers with SIAM, luxury car manufacturers don't share data with SIAM, for super-bikes Ducati India doesn't share monthly numbers with SIAM.
On second thought, may be CL were sharing their numbers via Mahindra till last financial year (March 2019) and their registration as a separate entity with SIAM in this financial year is still in process, hence no monthly numbers so far.

SIAM members list

Quote:

A quick hop onto the Facebook page of the local dealer shows a lot of deliveries.
Wonderful of you to keep a track as always. As you have reported in 'monthly sales' threads earlier, dealer deliveries are different than monthly dispatch numbers, remember you sharing similar delivery photos for kawasaki bikes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sukiwa (Post 4607567)
Perhaps, Classic legends has stopped sharing monthly dispatch numbers with SIAM. Or their PR team is working towards a campaign of '10,000 bikes delivered in xyz days' (am I giving them ideas?).

As far as I remember, every manufacturer isn't compelled to share their numbers with SIAM, luxury car manufacturers don't share data with SIAM, for super-bikes Ducati India doesn't share monthly numbers with SIAM.
On second thought, may be CL were sharing their numbers via Mahindra till last financial year (March 2019) and their registration as a separate entity with SIAM in this financial year is still in process, hence no monthly numbers so far.

SIAM members list

Jawa did share the initial dispatches before April 2019.

Quote:

Originally Posted by getsurya (Post 4607118)
Well, after reverting back to single channel ABS version, today morning, the JAWA bike was delivered to me by the evening!!

Congratulations Surya. Finally we have a delivery on forum which can be trusted. Do start a ownership thread as soon as you have put on some miles. Post your experience, I am inclined to think that they have the bikes ready but are not delivering them for some reason.

My Jawa Story (Part 2)
So I brought the Jawa 42 home yesterday. Please note I said BROUGHT not DELIVERED, in fact snatched would be a better word.
Let me explain, I had booked the motorcycle on 22nd Nov 2018 and waited patiently for six and a half months. Come second week of June, there was still no word from Classic Auto Siliguri, the only dealership in the East barring Tinsukia in Assam. However, I got a call on the 8th evening (Sat) informing me about my bike reaching the showroom on the 10th. It was unexpected as I had informed them repeatedly to let me know at least 15 days prior to the delivery so that I could arrange the finances. I never buy my motorcycle or car through finance, it is always cash. Call me a snob or idiot, I have always maintained the habit of buying objects of passion at one go not in pieces. So I deferred the delivery date to 15th of June and did my best to get the money but could not make it. I did let the dealership know that in the morning itself that I could not arrange the finances and could make it only on Tuesday 18th. To my amazement, the Sales Executive at the other end threatened to allocate the bike to someone else if I did not turn up by Monday afternoon. I got angry and let him know that I have waited for the motorcycle since the last six and a half months, that if he did that, I would file a case in the Consumer Court as I was recording the call. At this, he sensed that I was serious about it and immediately became malleable. He asked me to write an email in their official address and mention the date of delivery to my convenience. I sent the email and postponed the delivery to the 22nd of June. The following Monday ( 17th), I went to the showroom and did a thorough P. D. I. After being satisfied with the motorcycle itself, I let the Sales team at Classic Auto Siliguri know that I will be back for the bike, they were visibly unhappy to see me and the guy on the phone turned out to be the Manager. He gave me a call from someone who claimed to be the Area Sales, Jawa who told me that the bike would be allocated to someone after 22nd June 4 p.m.
After arranging the funds, I went there yesterday around 5 p.m. to get the motorcycle. They were SHOCKED to see me as they had not expected me to come so soon though I has let them know of my intention of taking the delivery of the motorcycle. I had about 120k in cash and rest I wanted to swipe which was about 47k but they would not let me in the excuse of additional charge. I was taken to the nearest ATM which took ages to issue the cash. Back to the showroom, I paid cash upfront and realised that I was short by about 4k specifically due to the accessories. So I let the Manager know that I would pay them the remaining 4k when I come to take my registration papers but he doggedly refused to agree. I asked for the phone number of the actual owner but the Manager would not let me contact him. It was a tense situation as I could understand that they did not want me to buy the motorcycle. I asked them to take of all accessories except the leg guard at which the Manager once again informed me that it would take an hour. I told him that I had no issues waiting. Fortunately one of my friend called and transferred me some money. I was then able to transfer the remaining 4k to the dealership account and get the bike in its loaded form. To cut short, my delivery experience at Classic Auto, Jawa Siliguri was a big disappointment. The Sales team tried their level best to dissuade me from taking delivery of the motorcycle, the reason which I came to know later when I was about to ride out from the showroom. One gentleman came in to enquire whether the bike was ready to be delivered to HIM, apparently he had booked the Jawa 42 a month and a half ago. He probably had some understanding with the Sales team at Classic Auto Siliguri. Since they had gone to fill air in the tyres before delivery the bike was not there so he did not know that the bike had already been delivered to me. Hurriedly the Sales guy let him know that the motorcycle had already been delivered to me. This was the worst delivery experience I have ever had, Jawa India should take note of this and also keep in mind the allocation of the bikes. People at the dealership end are minting money out of allocating bikes by jumping the booking queue. My intention of writing such a long blog is to make all my brothers and sisters in Team Bhp,who have booked a Jawa, to be persistent with their delivery enquiry about their motorcycle especially with Classic Auto Siliguri. I hope the good folks at Jawa will take note of this, I have recordings to substantiate my allegations.
The Bike itself..
Indeed the delivered product is vastly improved from the prototype.
Feels built to last.
No issues riding up in the hills.
Attention magnet with people crowding in petrol bunk to enquire about it.
A great effort on the part of Jawa and definitely worth the wait.
Shall update on the riding experience with more mileage in the odometer.

@maverickrider00 and @getsurya congrats !!

So we have two more reliable sources for the Jawa 42 review now. I am particularly interested in the difference CL have brought in for the production version. I honestly don't understand why any major publications are yet to get a production version for their reviews.

@maverickrider00 , if the dealer do help guys to jump the queue , the whole point of this endless wait serves no purpose. This would also mean one can transfer his booking for another person , provided the dealer also concur. I hope CL and Mahindra is taking note of this thread.

Quote:

Despite near zero sightings of the Jawa motorcycles on public roads to date, I wont be surprised if they soon claim they outsold their big competitor lol:

Quote:

You are right, the puzzling part is Mahindra reported dispatches of 36 Gusto scooters and 1 Mojo for May 2019. Which leads me to believe that there might be something more than meets the eye, quite likely what you have speculated below.

Quote:

Its the only option that makes sense really! It is either that or manufacturers just submit any random number to SIAM and balance out the numbers over the year. My observations with Kawasaki make me believe the reported numbers are incorrect.

Quote:

Wonderful of you to keep a track as always. As you have reported in 'monthly sales' threads earlier, dealer deliveries are different than monthly dispatch numbers, remember you sharing similar delivery photos for kawasaki bikes.

:thumbs up Im sure that there are more discrepancies, I just happened to identify a few. The "investigative" work is fun as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickrider00 (Post 4607858)
This was the worst delivery experience I have ever had, Jawa India should take note of this and also keep in mind the allocation of the bikes. People at the dealership end are minting money out of allocating bikes by jumping the booking queue.

Congratulations on your new purchase but its sad to hear the circumstances in which it happened. We hear of bad delivery experiences here and there but this is the worst that I have heard in a long long time. Shame on the dealership for treating a customer this way. I suggest you write about this to Classic Legends and use social media to bring it to the attention of Anand Mahindra and others. Mahindra should understand that their crooked dealers are ruining their chances of doing well in the market, especially in their current situation where they are already on the back foot.

That said, please dont let it sour your complete ownership experience. Enjoy the motorcycle and if you get time, please do share a more detailed ownership thread on the forum. In nothing else, please post pictures!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickrider00 (Post 4607858)
My Jawa Story (Part 2)
So I brought the Jawa 42 home yesterday. Please note I said BROUGHT not DELIVERED, in fact snatched would be a better word.

Congratulations on the new ride. I have started spotting a few on the road and the bike looks lovely. It also looks like the deliveries have slowly started picking up.

However what an utterly horrifying delivery experience. I have never read about a more disgraceful way to treat a paying customer. What you went through was completely unacceptable. Just reading through your explanation made me so angry. It was obvious that the dealer was trying every trick in the book not to sell the bike to you. This takes me back to the travails of buying a new scooter pre-liberalisation.

This is just another clear pointer to stay away from booking or buying this motorcycle for a long time. Classic Legends and their dealerships are clearly not getting their act together. The paying public should be punishing them for this but it dismays me that people are falling over themselves to get a hand on this bike, regardless of how poorly they are treated. It's just not worth it.

Touring review on Youtube-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2rf...ature=youtu.be

Mods, please delete if the link has already been posted earlier.

Quote:

This is just another clear pointer to stay away from booking or buying this motorcycle for a long time. Classic Legends and their dealerships are clearly not getting their act together. The paying public should be punishing them for this but it dismays me that people are falling over themselves to get a hand on this bike, regardless of how poorly they are treated. It's just not worth it.

The motorcycle itself is good and maybe there are other honest dealerships out there, I am just presenting a case of one dealership, CLASSIC AUTO SILIGURI. Please do not distort what I have written in my blog, there is no reason to consider the product as inferior in fact I have mentioned that the Jawa is worth the wait. However, my experience when the bike was bought by me (note not delivered) was very bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_r (Post 4608029)
Touring review on Youtube-

10:52 in the video showcasing aftermarket fog lamps and the knuckle guards on the handlebar. Reminds me of a dialogue from the movie 'Fast Five'. "It's such a shame to put something like this on a classic. Might as well slap neon lights."

I agree that customization is all up to one's taste and personal preference. But still, a knuckle guard on a classic roadster? :eek:

I spotted a couple of Jawa 42's on roads of Bombay during the past couple of weeks. The one I saw in close range was the dark blue variant and I must say it looks deliciously retro classic. Used to riding RE Bullet I found Jawa 42 to be a bit small but that's just me. The overall proportions of the bike makes it look well put together. It unreasonable to expect a 4 stroke water cooled motor (derived from Mojo) to mimic the sound of yesteryear's two stroke Jawa's. The efforts put in by Mahindra CL shows on the motorcycle.

Need to visit their showroom to see that maroon Jawa Classic in flesh. It is breathtakingly beautiful.

Visited Jawa Showroom in Trivandrum during the weekend.Me and family were the only people visiting the showroom at that time and had ample time to check.

To my surprise , I realized that deliveries are happening and there was one Nebula Blue Jawa 42 fitted with all the accessories ( crash guard , the backrest holder etc ) and kept under wraps for the delivery.

To my query , the person in charge mentioned that deliveries are happening regularly and the answer sounded genuine. I asked about the Lumos Lime colour variant and how does it look etc. He allowed me to visit the first floor of the showroom where 6 jawa 42's were kept . He mentioned to please be careful for no scratches etc as they were expecting their respective owners in the coming week.

Both the metallic colours ( Comet Red and Nebula Blue ) looked fabulous . The matte finished ones ( Galactic Green , Lumos Lime and Starlight Blue ) were good looking too. Halley's Teal didn't impress me much. For me the metallic colours looks better on Jawa 42 than the matte finished ones.Also the odd welding marks on the bikes are still present .

I visited Jawa showroom after I had a test ride of FZS v3 . Jawa did feel small , a bit low slung and had wide handle bars in comparison and I preferred FZS's ergonomics better. I couldn't test ride Jawa as it was holiday for the staff.

Regarding the finance schemes , the person in charge mentioned something as follows. If I do a 50K down payment , for 7 years tenure I have to pay close to 3.5 K/month . For 3 years it was 5K/month , if I remember the EMI figures correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.G (Post 4609112)
Visited Jawa Showroom in Trivandrum during the weekend.Me and family were the only people visiting the showroom at that time and had ample time to check.

To my surprise , I realized that deliveries are happening and there was one Nebula Blue Jawa 42 fitted with all the accessories ( crash guard , the backrest holder etc ) and kept under wraps for the delivery.

To my query , the person in charge mentioned that deliveries are happening regularly and the answer sounded genuine. I asked about the Lumos Lime colour variant and how does it look etc. He allowed me to visit the first floor of the showroom where 6 jawa 42's were kept . He mentioned to please be careful for no scratches etc as they were expecting their respective owners in the coming week.

Both the metallic colours ( Comet Red and Nebula Blue ) looked fabulous . The matte finished ones ( Galactic Green , Lumos Lime and Starlight Blue ) were good looking too. Halley's Teal didn't impress me much. For me the metallic colours looks better on Jawa 42 than the matte finished ones.Also the odd welding marks on the bikes are still present .

I visited Jawa showroom after I had a test ride of FZS v3 . Jawa did feel small , a bit low slung and had wide handle bars in comparison and I preferred FZS's ergonomics better. I couldn't test ride Jawa as it was holiday for the staff.

Regarding the finance schemes , the person in charge mentioned something as follows. If I do a 50K down payment , for 7 years tenure I have to pay close to 3.5 K/month . For 3 years it was 5K/month , if I remember the EMI figures correctly.

When one dealer is able to provide deliveries while the others are not able to , it may be that there is some financial problem between those dealers ( who don't deliver ) and Classic Legends. Every auto company offers credit period to its dealers , but would stop delivering after the expiry of certain period of time and resume deliveries again once the payments are cleared. Classic legends , even though a subsidiary of Mahindra, still has to manage expenses on its own.

Its just my thought.

Source : autocarindia

Jawa official accessories with prices revealed

Classic grab rail Rs 749
'Hammerhead' spoiler Rs 999
Grab rail with back rest (extension) Rs 999
Grab rail (extension) Rs 399
Grab rail with luggage rack (extension) Rs 599
Chrome crash guard Rs 1599
Matte crash guard Rs 1499
Bar-end mirrors Rs 1499