Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:47   #841
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Strangely, I just read this below news article a few minutes back - One owner claiming to have received delivery in just 16 days. Strange how Jawa can have such a huge variation in the waiting period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
A friend here in Delhi booked the 42 on 16th November and he got the delivery today.
That might be due to cancellations! Many people on the social media platforms and forums are reporting their decision to cancel their bookings, owing to many issues and niggles reported. Couple of my friends cancelled their bookings and so did I. It will be interesting to see their dispatch numbers for the last couple of months.

Personally, I know the issues were not too big and are being taken care of by CLPL. But, all the three showrooms in Hyderabad are at least 25 KMs from my residence, and taking the bike multiple times to the ASCs, that far away, to get each of the issues sorted out may not be possible for me. The uncomfortable seat and low ground clearance with center stand installed were the other major reasons.

Just to be clear, I really like the bike, as I have mentioned multiple times in this very thread wanted to own one from day one and was waiting for my turn. But for the sake of peace of mind, went for the other bike my heart was set on, CBR 250R. Got myself an used baby ceeber (2018 make, registered in 2019 with odo at 5.5k KMs) at reasonable price and saved few bucks!
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 15:43   #842
BHPian

I spotted a Jawa Scrambler on test in Gurgaon. No pictures were allowed unfortunately, but what I saw was a similar looking package with blacked out standard exhaust and engine, off-road tyres with bigger front wheel and long travel front suspension. Also single centered speedometer.
Old 8th December 2019, 19:08   #843
Senior - BHPian

I met Perak when I took my Jawa 42 for its service. Looks and sounds awesome, no two ways about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-1575812277658.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-1575812290999.jpg  

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-1575812304387.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 12:29   #844

Ok I have seen enough people bashing Jawa and some defending it and some clearly have more experience than others but speaking here as a 90s kid who saw a Yezdi once around 20 years ago and was intrigued by an Indian motorcycle with dual exhausts so pardon me if I ruffle some feathers.

I had my heart set on the Continental GT 650 and was saving up for a down payment when I came across the Perak just by chance and boy was it love at first sight.

I like flying solo and here is a bike that will never have a rear seat (GT 650 has both options), is the first affordable bike of its kind (we all know the Triumph Bonneville Bobber) and has true dual exhausts (first thing I checked at the showroom on Sunday past as 42 and Standard have some integrated catalytic converter thing going on).

I took a test ride and will be going back again to judge the bike on some more factors like engine vibration transfer path, weld quality, finish and lean angle limit. I will post on the relevant thread when I have formed an opinion but first impression was quite good.

The promised delivery time is April first week and mine will be part of the first lot to arrive at the Nagpur dealership. Even if its late by a little or a lot it just goes in my favor as it gives me more time to save up and reduce the finance amount.

Suffice it to say I am happy to wait for something good. Delayed gratification is sometimes more useful than we realize.

Signing off...
Lathspell is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 15:25   #845
BHPian

Hi,

congratulations on your booking. Hope you will provide us with more info on the ride after your second test ride and a detailed review in April.
May I know what is the on-road price of the motorbike?
Yezdi/Ideal Jawa is very close to my heart as it was my Dad's first bike bought from the place of mfg, ie., Mysore and is the bike which taught me how to ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
...was intrigued by an Indian motorcycle with dual exhausts so pardon me if I ruffle some feathers.
Old 30th December 2019, 16:38   #846

Hi girishv,

Thank you. As I said I would, I went to the showroom again and checked out the bike thoroughly. I am going through the forum to find an appropriate thread to post the test ride review.

Regarding the on road price, the dealership won't put voice to numbers yet as officially booking is yet to begin. I guess I will find out on January 1, 2020 how much it will cost. However they estimate it to range around the 2.4 L neighborhood.

Count on a detailed review in April. I will try to be unbiased.
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:56   #847
BANNED

Jawa and Jawa 42 at Rs 5,555 EMI, scheme launched to boost sales

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-jawaemischemelaunchdiscount2.jpg
Quote:
Jawa Motorcycles, having made their debut in India in late 2018 with two new motorcycles Jawa and Jawa FortyTwo have also recently introduced the Jawa Perak in November 2019. Demand for Jawa motorcycles is no longer the same as before. The Perak is already being offered with attractive schemes of zero down payment as well as easy EMIs of Rs.6,666.

Now it is the turn of the Jawa and Jawa FortyTwo which comes in with attractive finance schemes and easy EMIs of Rs.5,555. These two bikes were launched with much fanfare but soon left many disappointed buyers who had to wait for extended periods for delivery. Lack of communication from dealerships caused many of these buyers to cancel their bookings.

Last edited by wheelguy : 22nd January 2020 at 12:58.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 19:30   #848
Distinguished - BHPian

So here's some news from my side! After yoyo-in between multiple bike options over the past 1 year, I finally picked up a Nebula Blue Jawa 42 - got delivery yesterday (flat 10 days from date of booking !) The bikes in Gurgaon (Bs4 versions) are available ex stock and anyone can get immediate delivery for now. Here are some quick pics for now
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img_20200309_190746.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img_20200309_190731.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img_20200309_190737.jpg
Total onroad (in Gurgaon for Dual channel Abs version ) was 1.86 lacs incl discount of 5k + some free accessories which I got for Bs4 variant. Will start an ownership thread once I log on a few miles!
So far I have already upgraded the headlight bulb to LED and the rest is all stock (so far!)

Last edited by Behemoth : 9th March 2020 at 19:34.
Behemoth is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 07:21   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
So here's some news from my side! After yoyo-in between multiple bike options over the past 1 year, I finally picked up a Nebula Blue Jawa 42 - got delivery yesterday (flat 10 days from date of booking !) The bikes in Gurgaon (Bs4 versions) are available ex stock and anyone can get immediate delivery for now.
Congratulations, ride safe!

BS4 stocks are available in plenty in Bangalore. None of the dealers are giving any discount or freebies. Jawa Classic dual channel ABS costs 2.25L on road Bangalore as of today.
arun1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 09:19   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
BS4 stocks are available in plenty in Bangalore. None of the dealers are giving any discount or freebies. Jawa Classic dual channel ABS costs 2.25L on road Bangalore as of today.
Strange that the dealers aren't giving discounts for BS4 variants. At 2.25L, I think Jawa might be a bit overpriced for the power it offers. But the looks that kindle nostalgia would force a prospective buyer to go with his heart rather than his head
samcan123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 14:02   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Strange that the dealers aren't giving discounts for BS4 variants. At 2.25L, I think Jawa might be a bit overpriced for the power it offers. But the looks that kindle nostalgia would force a prospective buyer to go with his heart rather than his head
Yes definitely.

Would love to take a test ride (if they allow) but to be brutally honest, nostalgia or otherwise, the price sure is a deterrent even for a die hard fan like me. Guess I will continue with my old (1975) bucket of bolts.
vulcanize is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 09:47   #852
Senior - BHPian

Happy to welcome 2020 Jawa Dual channel ABS to my garage. My June 2019 Jawa is now with Bhpian Sandeep K Ram.

Took delivery yesterday from Synergy, Bangalore. Owner of the dealer Mr. Sreekanth and Sales person Mr. Yatheesh were very courteous right from enquiry to booking to delivery.

On road Bangalore cost is 2.25 lakhs. Plus 3k for the accessories.

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20200316_182826.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20200316_182453.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20200314_225756.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20200316_191035.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20200316_190947.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20200316_191025.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20200316_191200.jpg
arun1100 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 08:54   #853
Senior - BHPian

Here's my Jawa posing alongside my 1960 Ambassador.

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20200321_085339.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st March 2020 at 11:30. Reason: missing word
arun1100 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 10:15   #854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Here's my Jawa posing my 1960 Ambassador.

Attachment 1981970
The white and chrome goes so well, I saw one of these outside of town on the open road. It was brand new and If there was ever a time a conversation on getting a bike surfaced, there it was. No doubt the best color to have in a collection. I see why you changed to this one

Congratulations Sir!
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 15:09   #855
Senior - BHPian

Knock knock..

Launch of the Jawa motorcycles was one of the most anticipated one of recent years along with the RE twins. This thread has no posts for the past six months almost since the lockdown times. This speaks for itself the dud market response. Close to two years of launch of these motorcycles, I'm very happy to see the RE twins being a good quality product and well deserved market hit. And now we have the Honda CB350 to add to the competition.

The common complaints from prospective buyers and enthusiasts of Jawa has been primarily the long waiting period, delayed deliveries, unsatisfactory dealership experience, booking amount refund issues, niggles and rusting issues.

I got home the Jawa Classic BS4 in March '20, a week before the lockdown. The Jawa Grey color (white) was readily available and I got the delivery a day after paying the full amount. Jawa Classic, as a Product, is very well executed by the Classic Legends Team. The only niggle I am facing is the Lambda sensor issue due to which the engine check light glows always while riding. Due to the lock-down, I got the Jawa serviced after 3 months of purchase. Overall the experience has been positive and I have no regrets of this purchase.

Will I suggest anyone to buy the Jawa today if they are keen to? Surely, yes. The upcoming RE 350cc bikes and Honda CB350 are good too; hopefully Classic Legends will address all the shortcomings quickly and the sales increase as they truly deserve.

Some pics; admire the beauty!!

First Glance of my Jawa
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-4.jpg

I enjoy the Jawa's exclusivity on Bangalore's roads even today. Eye candy for sure!!
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-8.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-9.jpg

Parking lot at office. Colleagues' Motorcycles
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-10.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-11.jpg

First highway ride in my Jawa
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-12.jpg

Yezdi!! The motorcycle with which the Jawa Classic is compared to. We just cannot expect this 2 stroke's performance or sound in a 4 stroke modern FI'ed Jawa!
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-13.jpg

Jawa with the Classics at home
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-14.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-15.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-16.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-17.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-18.jpg

This pic shows the way ahead for Jawa
Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-19.jpg

I sincerely hope Classic Legends step up now and achieve their targets considering the effort they have put in reviving the Jawa brand and manufacturing such a wonderful machine.

Last edited by arun1100 : 1st October 2020 at 15:17.
arun1100 is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks