Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2020, 20:34   #856
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post

I enjoy the Jawa's exclusivity on Bangalore's roads even today. Eye candy for sure!!

Congratulations, arun1100, your white Jawa looks smashing!

Yes, Classic Legends generated an unbelievable amount of hype with the Jawa's reintroduction, but messed up everything else after launch. Still, one has got to appreciate them for coming up with a beautiful modern design that resembles the original so closely, and for powering it with the excellent Mojo engine.

How is the seat comfort? I've heard people complain that the rider's triangle is not the most ergonomic and that the seat itself is very hard.

By the way, that's a lovely pup you've got. What's the name of the breed?

Last edited by RSR : 1st October 2020 at 20:40.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 07:45   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

How is the seat comfort? I've heard people complain that the rider's triangle is not the most ergonomic and that the seat itself is very hard.

By the way, that's a lovely pup you've got. What's the name of the breed?
Regarding the seat, yes it is hard. I am planning to add some cushion for the extra comfort. Otherwise, the ergonomics seem good. I am 5.11 height; I feel very comfortable to ride.

The pup's a ShihTzu.
arun1100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 10:38   #858
Senior - BHPian

Jawa Motorcycles to cover close to 275 dealerships across India by August 2021, and to 500 over the next 12 months. Jawa deliveries to be accelerated with existing production stock.

Jawa Forty-Two AllStar Black accounted for 50% of new bookings in 2021.

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-smartselect_20210601103948_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st June 2021 at 10:40.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 11:52   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Jawa Motorcycles to cover close to 275 dealerships across India by August 2021, and to 500 over the next 12 months. Jawa deliveries to be accelerated with existing production stock.
This post reminded me that there lies a manufacturer called Java. (S)Low production, (s)low sales and (s)low marketing made me forget this iconic bike. Instead of encashing on to the popularity of this brand and establishing the models, their turtle approach has been suicidal. They can only look on as Enfield eats the cake.

I hope they have got their wake up call and pulled up their socks for a renewed fight. I want them to succeed and increase the competition in the market.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd June 2021 at 07:14. Reason: Rephrased for better readability
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 14:13   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
This post reminded me there lies a manufacturer called Java. (S)Low production, (s)low sales and (s)low marketing made me forget this iconic bike. Instead of encashing on to the popularity of this brand and establishing the models, their turtle approach has been suicidal. They can only look like Enfield eats the cake.

I hope they have got their wake up call and pulled up their socks for a renewed fight. I want to succeed and increase competition in the market.
Absolutely true! Took a couple of threat calls to transfer the booking over to RE to make the dealer deliver motorcycles after 6 months of booking. Current set of dealers anyways are cracking their fingers and scratching their head, dont know what will the additional 500 dealers do if production is so slow!

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 08:15   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend had bought a Jawa 300. Took it for a spin today.

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img20211203wa0007.jpg

Not a big fan of how the bike looks. Yes, it is retro and all. It's subjective as i am not a big fan of retro styling.

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20211203_072751.jpg

Unique speedo dial, which is conventional in the sense it is clockwise, but from RHS to LHS instead of all other LHS to RHS speedos.

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20211203_072738.jpg

The tank had this styling, to remind you of the legacy

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-20211203_072814.jpg

Overall the motorcycle was comfortable, nimble to handle. The performance was marginally better than the classic 350(I haven't tried bs6 ones though).

What I liked the most was the engine note when ridden hard. The bike sounds muted when compared to royal Enfields, but audible enough to get attention. Best part is that the note is raspy and sharper than the Enfields. Refinement is also better.

Mojo's 300 cc does a good job
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 09:03   #862
Senior - BHPian

I would like to share a not so good experience of one of my distant cousin who owns a Jawa especially on his trip from Mumbai to Chennai. If I would've been in his place, I for sure would've kicked the bike & would've started walking.

After making a few trips from Bombay - Pune & surroundings from day-night, confident enough to ride for 2-3 days. He asked for my suggestion on route & I guided him. Only thing I didn't ask him initially was, when was the vehicle last serviced & he didn't mention it to me either.

Started from Bombay at 4:00 Am on a Saturday, rode all through NH4 reaching Davangere by evening; I think around 7:30 Pm or so. Considering my impulsive riding style, I will say he did an enjoyable ride. And the plan was to start next day morning from Davangere by 8:00 Am.

That is when we decided to give him a surprise on Sunday morning & rode to Davangere overnight

On Sunday, when we started after a sumptuous breakfast, he couldn't keep up with my gallop & neither I could ride composed as him & we planned to meet at McD Shoolagiri that evening. In between he communicated that he started riding a little slow as he started hearing squeaking noise from rear brakes as well. We reached McD by around 3:30 Pm & met some old friends & waited for him to arrive. Around 5:30 we saw he wasn't moving from Kamandoddi. When we called, we got to know the rear brakes have been struck & the wheel refused to move.

All of us went to a small workshop at Kamandoddi & got to know the brake pads have been worn out completely & they were on outlook for new brake pads.

At this juncture I've to certainly convey a message that, we got in touch with Jawa Hosur & they were very cooperative. The manager gave the contact of head technician & he got in touch with us & said he can bring the pads or use Royal Enfield's rear pads for now to reach Chennai. All this happens over phone just because the showroom & workshop is closed on Sunday!!

Anyway, we got all this fixed & started at 6:30 Pm riding back to Chennai. Our friends, also being Weather experts warned us on a cloud burst around Vellore & urged us to ride faster. As usual, we rode off swiftly to reach home by 9:30 Pm & got to know the saga next day!!

My cousin had a battery issue nearing Arcot. The AHO was drinking the battery like dracula thirsting blood & probably the RR unit had been conked off. Upon checking the battery, it seem to be good, but he also got a new battery as well & started riding. When nearing Vellore, Jawa switched off completely. He then replaced it with new battery & started riding again. Somewhere between Vellore & Kanchipuram the bike stopped again. He then stayed at a hotel nearby & Monday morning he visited another battery shop, found both batteries are good, surprisingly the RR unit also was good, he then bought a third battery & started riding again. Surprisingly this one never gave up & finally he reached Chennai Monday afternoon.

After reaching, we started doing aftermath which is when I asked why didn't he get the bike serviced for which he said, he indeed got the bike serviced 2 days before (Wednesday) & he had specifically asked for the rear brake pads & oil levels for which he got a response that everything is good for him to reach Chennai comfortably!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd December 2021 at 11:05. Reason: Corrected as requested.
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed