Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2018, 22:35   #331
BHPian

Received a mail from Jawa care with the following details along with Booking certificate:

*Color of the motorcycle shown on the certificate is for representation purposes only.
*In case you would like to change your choice of color or motorcycle. This feature will be enabled on the website in a short while.*
*Once the dealerships go live we would also be sending you an email to select the dealership of your choice.

Last edited by ar134 : 21st November 2018 at 22:39.
Old 22nd November 2018, 00:44   #332
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Yes got the booking certificate and the above content in the email
Old 22nd November 2018, 08:40   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So guys, where are the showrooms in Chennai for Jawa ? I doubt I have come across any Mahindra 2 wheeler showrooms.

Has anyone in Chennai booked as well?
There is one Mahindra Two Wheelers showroom, DP Motors, in Tambaram Sanatorium who are authorized to sell Mojo. So, most probably they will also be allowed to sell Jawa bikes alongside. Not sure about other parts of the city though.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 14:38   #334
BHPian

Excerpts from Autocar India article regarding Jawa dealership locations across the country :

Mumbai : Andheri (West), Chembur, Thane (near Viviana mall) and Vashi.

Delhi : Krishna Nagar, Gujranwala Town, Saket and Tilak Nagar.

Hyderabad : Ranigunj, Banjara Hills road number 12, Gachibowli Hitech road and Kukatpally.

Pune : Baner, Koregaon Park and Chinchwad station.

We have also found out from our sources that Bengaluru will have five dealerships, four Jawa showrooms will be setup in Chennai and one dealership has been allotted for Kolkata.

Link to the article : https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...evealed-410535

I am glad Bengaluru is poised to have maximum number of dealers

Last edited by ar134 : 22nd November 2018 at 14:43.
ar134 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 16:30   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
One of the major reasons being that Mahindra have sold a large number of Mojos in Bangalore compared to other cities. Bengaluru has lot of bikers who are interested in the Jawa and RE Twins so naturally they have selected more number of dealerships for namma Bengaluru.
Also AFAIK, Bangalore has the most number of Mojo showrooms and the exclusive Mojo showroom was first launched in Bangalore and then in other cities, so the trend will continue with Jawa as well.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 16:59   #336
Senior - BHPian

The Mahindra showroom in Netakalappa circle, Basavanagudi, Bangalore is being renovated since a month now. Guess it will open as a Jawa showroom soon. Google maps seems to point the same.

Location here,

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...19!4d77.572236
unk9ja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 17:22   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
The Mahindra showroom in Netakalappa circle, Basavanagudi, Bangalore is being renovated since a month now.
Can confirm three more showrooms for Bangalore.

1. Skanda Motors, Dr Rajaji Nagar.
Jawa Motorcycles Skanda Motors Bangalore
No 1036 4N block, Dr Rajkumar Rd, Udayam Nagar, Rajaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560010
077603 55955
https://goo.gl/maps/mtHsjsEYHM62

2. Jawa Safina Plaza, Infantry Road.
https://www.safinamotors.com
Location - Jawa Motorcycles Safina Motors Bangalore
84/85, Infantry Road, Beside Prestige Building, Tasker Town, Shivaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
https://goo.gl/maps/kDXRXPxRx792

3. Jawa Square Auto, Hosur Road.
https://jawabangalore.com
Jawa Motorcycles Square Auto Bengaluru
Glassics” No 8 & 9, Krishnagar Industrial Layout Hosur Main Road, Near Forum Mall, Venkateshwara Layout, Suddagunte Palya, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029
088844 67801
https://maps.google.com/?cid=14265688968573728402
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 22:36   #338
BHPian

New video from Jawa, for bookings -

Old 23rd November 2018, 10:48   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
New video from Jawa, for bookings -
https://Youtu.be/-26ADT5H9eU
Strange to see a not so convincing advertisement for a brand which is being revived after so many years. The audio has a blip in the throttle whereas the girl in the video has applied constant throttle. Now it makes me wonder if Jawa has also superficially added some more effect to the exhaust note in the video just to attract attention. Also the exhaust note significantly differs between the Jawa and the 42 which again makes me feel that the advertisement company might have added some sound effects.
samcan123 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 11:27   #340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Also the exhaust note significantly differs between the Jawa and the 42 which again makes me feel that the advertisement company might have added some sound effects.
Same feeling here - One sounds more like an original Jawa, and the other more like an Enfield!

But from an earlier video taken at the launch event - the sound doesn't resemble either of these notes!
Old 23rd November 2018, 12:32   #341
BHPian

were the jawa classic / 42 released internationally? if so there must be some review videos online.
Old 23rd November 2018, 12:54   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
were the jawa classic / 42 released internationally? if so there must be some review videos online.
No. At least what I understood from the launch event was that these models are specific to India and Jawa has no intentions of export as of now.
Old 23rd November 2018, 14:50   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post

Secondly, Jawas engine (derived from Mojo) is a tried and tested unit with a known pedigree. And yes its liquid cooled with FI.
Only if company has sorted rest of the cycle parts, it should be a superior product compared to RE 350.
For a motorcycle whose life was about 3 years during which it never reached 3-figure sales in any month (I could be wrong, But I believe it’s sales milestone was 97 in a month when the numbers went past the CBR 250), this “Mojo Engine is a superior product” is turning out to be an interesting urban legend.

Is this based on fact or actual experience? Did that motorcycle ever do any half decent volume for its engine to be spoken about in such lofty terms?

I personally believe this “Mojo-engine” hype is a bit over the top, but hey, that’s just me.
Old 23rd November 2018, 15:45   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I personally believe this “Mojo-engine” hype is a bit over the top, but hey, that’s just me.
Agreed! Pedigree is sketchy then fair enough. The chances of Mahindra messing up an engine and drive train is less, hence the excitement I imagine.

While the sales was limited, there are few motorcycles in the market that can be identified by exhaust note. RE(minus the new fancy ones), RX100, Yezdi/Jawa, KTM, Harley(Big ones) and Mojo.

So the engine does stand out from the crowd, easily the best looking one with the Jawa uniform, what it needed was less Tupperware plastered over it otherwise called as Mojo body.

I hope it works.
Old 23rd November 2018, 15:51   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Is this based on fact or actual experience? Did that motorcycle ever do any half decent volume for its engine to be spoken about in such lofty terms?

I rode one for few hundred kilometers hence commented. One of my friend owns one (ridden for 20K kms) and swears by it (he has few other bikes as well). I was about to buy Mojo but almost negligible sale and future of product stopped me.
I currently ride Himalayan (BS3) and i know what happens when you buy a newly launched indian product. I have more trust on 40 year old Jawa, 23 year old shogun, 18 year old Yamaha RXZ, 20 year old Bullet than Himalayan.
None of my rides were uneventful in Himalayan but its a wonderful product for quick short fun.

Last edited by Shubhendra : 23rd November 2018 at 15:56.
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks