Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2019, 09:52   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

With due respect, I have taken a test ride, and feel Classic Legends made a mistake by hurrying pre-production bikes to the showrooms. The bikes are right there for anybody to take a test ride, and not a secret anymore. So chances are the commentators have experienced its ride.
Look, we are auto enthusiasts at heart and the comments are feedback which we hope the manufacturer will take seriously, and nothing else. We want the market to grow. RE has too much of a stronghold right now. I wish them the very best and pray they come out with better-finished products in days to come. Even if they are looking at a minuscule percentage of the market, the bike needs to be spot on.
Being a good bike, as you state, where does MOJO stand today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I find that some of us are being pessimistic without seeing the bike albeit riding one!
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 18:59   #542
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post

It is precisely for its retro looks/modern and proven engine combination that I have booked a Jawa 42. I am not convinced of its highway performance though.
To be honest I find many of the observations in this thread in poor taste. There are so many cribs about top end, low end, fit, finish, colour options, support, network, seat thickness, features, ABS etc etc. We need to cut the manufacturer some slack.
They are offering a decent product at a reasonable price. How many products of such styling, power and features do we have at this price? Very few !
Let's see the bike on the road, let's buy some of them, let us tolerate the manufacturer as we have others for a long time, let's wait a bit before we pull them down...as is our national pastime !
fiestarry is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 20:50   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Let's see the bike on the road, let's buy some of them, let us tolerate the manufacturer as we have others for a long time, let's wait a bit before we pull them down...as is our national pastime !
To add to that , people have already established the money trail passed on to the YouTube bloggers which would put the investigation capabilities of top agencies of the country to shame :banghead: .
While at one end of the spectrum we hold Mahindra/Jawa responsible for providing micro test rides, at the other end we conveniently conclude regarding fit, finish and reliability (almost write an obituary too!) of the bike taking those very micro test rides. While I respect opinions of every individual and their right to point out flaws/shortcomings , some (multiple) posts seem to ruthlessly thrust down someone's throat their view point which reminds me of the prime time 'sensational debates' on television.

Last edited by ar134 : 6th January 2019 at 20:51.
ar134 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 22:37   #544
BHPian

No one is criticizing without any basis. The fact is everyone is wanting Jawa to succeed. The expectation is high because of the legendary name of Jawa coming in here. Many riders like me are comparing to Jawa or Yezdi which we own. These machines were way ahead of its time in terms of technology and looks. Only passionate owners will know about the auto clutch feature, gears having chain in between etc. We can drive the bike even when clutch cable is cut and push start it etc
The point here is it's like comparing Amitabh and Abhishek. Bacchan name is a given like Jawa name, but we want this to be Amitabh not Abhishek 😉
power ranger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 11:00   #545
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone know if Mumbai showrooms have opened? The one in Bandra in particular - and a contact perhaps?

Thanks.
Old 11th January 2019, 20:17   #546
BHPian

Suddenly this thread has become dormant. Has there been no new showrooms opening anywhere in the country? What about exhaustive test rides by Team Bhpians? Being from not so reachable place in the country, I was looking forward to some more reviews after Grease Monkey and Rigid Rotor's. Please go out there and ride it, those of you who have the showrooms in your city. Looking forward to a detailed analysis of the motorcycle.
Old 11th January 2019, 20:33   #547
BHPian

Waiting for the Kolkata showroom to open, then can take a test ride. The address updated by them had a shutters-down Mahindra two wheelers store, not sure about the current state it is in.
Old 11th January 2019, 21:07   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickrider00 View Post
What about exhaustive test rides by Team Bhpians?
What's the use? Test rides being provided here are worthless - and on top of it, they claim all the bikes are pre-production. Might as well wait for more clarity.

The big flaw in the current setup is that dealers are not bothered about customers. Bookings were taken online and currently stands closed, with a claimed 9 month backlog - so there is no incentive for the dealers to treat walk-in customers nicely.
Old 11th January 2019, 22:38   #549
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
No one is criticizing without any basis. The fact is everyone is wanting Jawa to succeed. The expectation is high because of the legendary name of Jawa coming in here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does anyone know if Mumbai showrooms have opened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Waiting for the Kolkata showroom to open, then can take a test ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What's the use? Test rides being provided here are worthless - and on top of it, they claim all the bikes are pre-production.
See, here is the problem.

1. Enthusiasts, even in cities like Bombay and Calcutta arent aware of the showroom status/location.
2. Knowledgeable riders are being provided test rides like it they are a favor.
3. Bookings have been declared closed depriving the dealers of any incentive to provide a good customer experience.

Need I say more???
Old 12th January 2019, 07:21   #550
Senior - BHPian

I think its to do more with the product itself. I went there on the first day as the hype surrounding JAWA was too much. Showrooms were packed everywhere, and it was a dream launch. But the pre-production bikes that were made available just did not measure up. The rude showroom staff were picked from the nearest grocery store, looked like. Now, they got all these 'so-called YouTube reviewers' spreading good vibes. But the question remains 'Will i part with Rs. 2.20 lakhs on-road for a Jawa, in its current form?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Bookings have been declared closed depriving the dealers of any incentive to provide a good customer experience.
Old 14th January 2019, 18:09   #551
BHPian

I'm really doubting the YouTube reviews, as most of them are favorable to the highest level, or just compares the "sound" to enfields. Seriously, people? I don't give a flying fish how my bike sounds, if it rides nice. And not just me, ask the hoards of KTM riders on the road. Sounds like a Luna, pulls like a locomotive.

So at the end of the day, myself, the eager potential customer, is sitting at home looking at YouTube with nothing more concrete to look at, my enthusiasm ebbing day by day. And they have my 5k already.

Seriously, CL should pull their socks up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
But the question remains 'Will i part with Rs. 2.20 lakhs on-road for a Jawa, in its current form?'
Not nitpicking, but where did you get the 2.2 otr price from? Sounds high.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 18:49   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not nitpicking, but where did you get the 2.2 otr price from? Sounds high.
That's the On Road Price for Bangalore. 2.2 is for the Dual Channel ABS/front n rear discus and 2.09 is for the Single Channel ABS/Front Disc and rear drum.

KTM does not sound like a LUNA(sorry i differ) but more of an APE three Wheeler but yes it pulls like a locomotive
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 21:05   #553
Senior - BHPian

Hi, No you're not nitpicking. 2.2L, That was the onroad price in Bangalore, quoted when I'd gone for a test ride, on the very first day of launch. What did they quote you? And, the 'Number One' expectation from the Jawa is - that sound - as per the scores of people waiting their turn there. It's unrealistic, I understand that!

Quote:
where did you get the 2.2 otr price from? Sounds high.
Old 15th January 2019, 07:15   #554
BHPian

Took a fairly long test drive this Sunday evening at Basavanagudi, Bengaluru showroom. Seat can easily accomodate two well built individuals but pillion backrest is a must moreso considering the pickup the bike has in first gear. None of the videos online do justice to the exhaust note and would recommend prospective buyers to check out in person. Four free services are offered at intervals of 1k, 4k, 9k and 18k km over a span of 2 years and paid service cost is expected to be in line with Mojo (less than 2k with oil costing 1k). All boxes are ticked as far as I am concerned and I would in all likelihood go ahead with the purchase of the Jawa 42 (nebula blue) booked online on 15-11-18.
Old 15th January 2019, 07:23   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
Took a fairly long test drive this Sunday evening at Basavanagudi, Bengaluru showroom. Seat can easily accomodate two well built individuals but pillion backrest is a must moreso considering the pickup the bike has in first gear. None of the videos online do justice to the exhaust note and would recommend prospective buyers to check out in person.
Sorry that review won't do - seat cushion and exhaust sound are just cosmetic aspects

How much distance did you do the TD; what kind of roads and speeds did you try? How's the suspension over bad roads? What's the acceleration like? What's the handling like? How does it fare to it's obvious comparison options, the RE 350/500? Need more deets

Most Viewed