Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 00:36   #646
BHPian

Ha ha. Yeah. I'm ok with the wait as long as they nail the final product well. But yes Indian customers are taken for granted and made a fool of by many a company. I don't think Jawa is doing anything bad. I think they were genuinely taken aback by the response received. Being in the manufacturing sector I know ramping up takes a lot of doing and getting it right even more so. I wish them nothing but the best. Even though their updates are coming in slow I think they are keeping their word and being genuine about their approach. That's just my impression and opinion.
Old 9th April 2019, 12:56   #647
BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

I do agree that they might have been taken aback by the response they got for the Jawas, but CLPL is not dealing with the issues properly.

They have delivered handful of Jawas on 31st March, if we believe social media they have allotted one bike each to most of the dealers(not to all of the dealers), that too just to claim they have delivered on their promise!

I have booked a 42 last month and I am in no hurry to get the bike, but I am concerned about lack of communication from their side, their social media responses have been repetitive and most of the promises have not been fulfilled with the first batch(bar end mirrors, and availability of accessories etc). There has been no further information about the next batches to be delivered. All in all CLPL is not painting a good picture of themselves, and I don't think they will be able to handover the keys of a 42 to me in '6-8 months'.

Last edited by tchsvy : 9th April 2019 at 13:05.
Old 9th April 2019, 22:17   #648
BHPian

It seems that they were not prepared for the overwhelming response they got for the two models. The test rides for the pre production models brought out good things about the motorcycles. Besides the smooth yet powerful engine, the riding dynamics, low seat height, manageable weight of the motorcycles and classic vintage looks are the obvious plus points. What goes against them is their haphazard and none too well planned marketing strategy and the fact that maybe they rushed in too quickly.

One hopes that they sorted out whatever little niggles that have been noticed in the pre production bikes and have suitably ramped up production to satisfy the growing demand of Jawa bikes. IMO , there is an opportunity for Mahindra to make a niche for themselves in the retro bikes category by having provided a quality alternative to the Royal Enfield's bread and butter model, the Classic 350. What remains to be seen is how swiftly can they cash in on the opportunity.

Cheers !
Old 10th April 2019, 12:48   #649
BHPian

http://footloosedev.com/jawa-deliver...rship-details/

Ownership blog of one 42 owner, from the blog:

1. The owners are not going to get any 'standard accessories', you want the center stand, you buy it, you want the bar end mirrors? Reach for your pockets!
2. Service intervals at 6,000 KMs (Which is confirmed by my dealer as well).

Honestly speaking, after spending 1.84 lakh rupees, I will be disappointed not to get the center stand as standard fitment.

Now for the good news, as per the blogger, 'the bike is here to stay'. I take it as it's well built and will last long.
tchsvy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 14:02   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Honestly speaking, after spending 1.84 lakh rupees, I will be disappointed not to get the center stand as standard fitment.
Most high-end motorcycles don't get center stand as a standard fitment and needs to be paid for separately. Jawa owners should feel proud about their bike getting treated differently.

Just an analogy, most bicycles get sold without a stand and it has to be bought separately. High-end road bikes (bicycles) don't even get sold with pedals as manufacturer expects customer to purchase pedals to his/her individual liking.

Quote:
I forgot to mention, at the time of booking I was told the center stand will be a standard fitment
Ohh, wasn't aware of this, Jawa continues to amaze and sometimes amuse.

Last edited by sukiwa : 10th April 2019 at 14:20. Reason: additions
Old 10th April 2019, 14:14   #651
BHPian

I forgot to mention, at the time of booking I was told the center stand will be a standard fitment, finding out it is not, is the reason for my disappointment. I guess the dealers only knew what we knew at that time, so not blaming the dealers here, they were kept in dark by CLPL I guess.

Last edited by tchsvy : 10th April 2019 at 14:16.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 10:26   #652
Senior - BHPian

Even center stand I can see it, many high end brands don't come with it.
But bar-end mirrors they needn't have skimped on the 42, considering the 42 itself is positioned as a stylish variant.
Old 14th April 2019, 20:07   #653
Team-BHP Support

Jawa motorcycles claims to have opened 100 dealerships across the country-

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img_20190414_200544.jpg

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img_20190414_200216.jpg

Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 21:11   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Jawa motorcycles claims to have opened 100 dealerships across the country-

Source
That is quite an impressive accomplishment by Jawa Motorcycles and shows that they are serious about making good inroads into the market. They really need to speed up their deliveries though. They probably have more showrooms that delivered bikes at this stage of the game.

With Jawa Motorcycles breathing down their necks, Royal Enfield will also further up its game. Win win for us.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 14th April 2019 at 21:12.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 06:40   #655
BHPian

Has anyone taken a ride in the production Jawa / Jawa 42? Any ride reviews from e-zines or vloggers?

Classic Legends kept saying that all problems would be ironed out in the production model from finishing to vibrations at certain speeds.

I am sure the production models would be better but curious to know how much better and which aspects have been taken care of
Old 18th April 2019, 13:37   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
Has anyone taken a ride in the production Jawa / Jawa 42? Any ride reviews from e-zines or vloggers?
This guy has been posting videos on his channel, apparently his bike is from the first batch of production units (among first 100, as per him).

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the vlogger or any of his promoters/advertisers!
tchsvy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 13:38   #657
R.G
BHPian

Thanks tchsvy.

To summarise , everything is available as a paid accessory and nobody knows nothing , the dealers , prospective customers , not even the person who paid Rs. 2L to the company . I am speechless !!!

Last edited by R.G : 19th April 2019 at 13:58. Reason: Formatting
R.G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 17:41   #658
BHPian

Dear All Greetings to you,

I have been following all the posts on the production and delivery of the new JAWA motorcycles. The gentleman in the video has also posted another video on the mileage of his new JAWA 42 bike after approx 500Km. He has also commented on the downside of what was expected from the bike and not available as standard fitment.
I believe he is making a fair statement. He has promised to post some more Vlogs on the bike in the coming weeks or months ahead. I think this is a positive step and will help viewers get a better understanding on these motorbikes from the ownership reviews as they come on social media.

Last edited by joednazareth : 19th April 2019 at 17:42.
Old 21st April 2019, 19:22   #659
BHPian

Have anyone got delivery here on T-BHP. I badly wanted to book one but given the deliveries, wondering if i should wait. While it's good that they have 100 showrooms opened, Nobody knows what these newly opened showrooms are doing in terms of business.

Ethically, i found it very wrong on their part that they are enjoying customers money for close to 6 months now.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 21:15   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Ethically, i found it very wrong on their part that they are enjoying customers money for close to 6 months now.
I strongly defend Jawa or for that matter any company on the above statement and find no fault with 'enjoying customer's money' as every person who puts in the booking amount (2.5% of bike value) knows what is the expected delivery timeline and how long his money is going to get locked with Jawa. Guys like me who booked on the first day and patiently waiting to take their deliveries have the option to cancel the booking with the click of a mouse even today.

While Jawa is neither the current market leader nor do I foresee being one by any stretch of imagination in the near future, I have found my colleagues who booked car from the then ( and current ) market leader mention the huge waiting period of close to a year as one more USP of the car ! But when it comes to home grown brands like TATA and Mahindra, people perceive these desi manufacturers differently.

Last edited by ar134 : 21st April 2019 at 21:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks